The Weather Forums

February 22nd-23rd Disturbance

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you have to make everything negative? A couple days ago this was supposed to be an ice/rain event. For God's sake dude.

Glad to hear the reports downstream. Enjoy it peeps!

Sitting right at 3” here in Southwest Omaha and still snowing... certainly a nice little overachiever last night and this morning... with the second wave due in later today.

This rain is destroying the snowpack. We'll be down to patches by tomorrow night probably.

>1" Snowfalls for Fargo-Hector Int'l Airport in 2020-21: 10/20 (4.2"), 10/22 (2.7"),

Total Snowfall for 2020-2021 @ KFAR: 7.5"            Coldest Low: 21*F (10/18)

First flake of the season: 10/15 @ 21:27 CDT

It was only like 2" anyway

Nearly 3" here. And I don't want to see it get destroyed by freezing rain. It was enough to cover the grass here. What's wrong with enjoying what I get?

>1" Snowfalls for Fargo-Hector Int'l Airport in 2020-21: 10/20 (4.2"), 10/22 (2.7"),

I stepped outside in the total darkness as our neighborhood is still without power, and at our place we’re getting mainly sleet. The new layer of freezing rain from earlier has been coated with a layer of sleet so definitely not as slick outside as it could be

If anything the freezing rain will make it last longer

Liquid rain hitting snow makes it melt. The roof of the building next to me is almost depleted of snow. And what's on the ground is crusty now.

I stepped outside in the total darkness as our neighborhood is still without power, and at our place we’re getting mainly sleet. The new layer of freezing rain from earlier has been coated with a layer of sleet so definitely not as slick outside as it could be

We're not quite that lucky. Once the freezing rain stopped, the precip stopped. We've been getting light pixie dust for the past 30 minutes, but that amounts to nothing.

• Like 1

Thankfully last night's wave overachieved. Otherwise this would have been a complete flop.

Thankfully last night's wave overachieved. Otherwise this would have been a complete flop.

Yeah we got about 3.5 inches so that was a nice surprise. 

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Measured about 2.75" here and after the rain I still can't see the grass.

Getting raked right now. Heavy bands setting up to the south. Should be in the jack zone for a few hours.

After checking some reports, it looks like a good 4-6" fell last night.  I loaded past radar images and there were some rather heavy waves of snow that went through your neck of the woods.  Congrats.

• Like 1

After checking some reports, it looks like a good 4-6" fell last night.  I loaded past radar images and there were some rather heavy waves of snow that went through your neck of the woods.  Congrats.

I woke up a few times last night and it was pouring snow pretty good. Haven’t been outside yet but it looks like the 4-6” range is spot on.

Wow, I'm not sure where you are at in the city, but I measured 2.0"-2.5" in most areas. 

And some how Eppley reported only 3/4" of snow, I really don't understand how their reporting is always so much different.

• Like 1