Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Well yeah, you're taking the abnormally wet April out of the equation. So now the map is based off a dry month and a near normal month. Of course it will look like that. Nothing visually appears to be abnormally dry - that's what Tim and I are trying to point out. 

It's not what I'm taking out of the equation.  :)

I'm explaining why there is a logical reason for your area to be included in the abnormally dry area on the drought map. The past 2.5 months, since mid April, have been quite dry overall. Despite some recent rains in your area. 

A forum for the end of the world.

Wow... Good to hear the world only revolves around YOU then!

No.   

I am not saying there are not drought issues down south.    I am fully aware of the situation.

What is annoying is that people insist that there are issues here.   Its just not true.   Come visit and it will be very obvious to you.   :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

No.   

I am not saying there are not drought issues down south.    I am fully aware of the situation.

What is annoying is that people insist that there are issues here.   Its just not true.   Come visit and it will be very obvious to you.    :)

Where has anyone said your area has issues? A map shows it as part of an abnormally dry region, due to what has actually been an abnormally dry late spring/early summer period - even for your area.

Big deal. 

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

No.   

What is annoying is that people insist that there are issues here.   Its just not true.   Come visit and it will be very obvious to you.    :)

Wildfires kill people dude. Incredibly self centered point of view.

Again, the point is your region is experiencing abnormally dry to drought conditions currently. Maybe not a 10 mile radius around your house but the rest of the region is. 

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

12Z ECMWF for tomorrow...

ecmwf_t2max_nw_7.png

Looking pretty warm along the I-405 corridor. A run to 85?

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Wildfires kill people dude. Incredibly self centered point of view.

Again, the point is your region is experiencing abnormally dry to drought conditions currently. Maybe not a 10 mile radius around your house but the rest of the region is. 

All kinds of weather kills people.    Extreme weather that people on here cheer for all the time.   

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make the rest of the region as wet as the area to the north and east of Seattle.

And you are making the area sound smaller than it really is... the map above for 2018 shows the area that has no water or drought issues.   From downtown Seattle southward... its very dry.   To the north and east of Seattle and across most of eastern WA... its been wet.    Those other maps are too vague and broad.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looking pretty warm along the I-405 corridor. A run to 85?

Bellingham might actually be warmer than Seattle and Olympia thanks the mid and high level clouds down here... it is rare for BLI to be warmer than SEA and OLM in the summer.

GFS says Tim gets rain this weekend!

Also holds off on the heat longer than many runs from the past couple days.

12Z ECMWF shows some showers on the coast and in the mountains on Friday afternoon and evening into Saturday morning but barely anything here. The flow is not favorable for any c-zone action. Some morning clouds but sunny and warm again by Saturday afternoon here on that run.

Hey TT you think it will be clear at Mt Rainier early tommorow morning? MM5 nam shows a few high clouds. I assume they will be high enough not to interfere with view.

Might be mid-level clouds as well... but I would guess the top of Rainier would be visible even from Seattle in that situation. 

Here is the WRF for 11 a.m. tomorrow:

7-4.png

Hey TT you think it will be clear at Mt Rainier early tommorow morning? MM5 nam shows a few high clouds. I assume they will be high enough not to interfere with view.

Just remember. No fireworks in national parks!

• Like 1

Despite being warmer for Saturday and Sunday... the 12Z ECMWF keeps up the theme of delaying any heat.  

Looks like a marine push on Monday with highs only in the 70s and low 80s on Monday and Tuesday... the 00Z run was WAY warmer for next Tuesday.

Heading out to finally mow the lawn so it looks decent for a party my kids are having tomorrow.   Have not been able to do it lately because its been so wet.   Have not used the sprinklers even once on the grass yet this year.

I am guessing surface moisture is not abnormally dry here.   The ground is squishy and there are some mushrooms growing in there.   It can't get any wetter at this time of year.    :)

20180703_115939.jpg

Was looking to see if there were any drought impacts in the state. A few mostly in the Yakima Valley. Only found one in King, which is the lowest impact category. And most likely that report is out of the southern part of the county.

http://droughtreporter.unl.edu/map/

post-7-0-96337500-1530642049_thumb.png

Mercer Island, 350 ft

Despite being warmer for Saturday and Sunday... the 12Z ECMWF keeps up the theme of delaying any heat.

Looks like a marine push on Monday with highs only in the 70s and low 80s on Monday and Tuesday... the 00Z run was WAY warmer for next Tuesday.

Good trends for you guys on the 12z EPS too.

I just got waterboarded walking to the mailbox.

97/79, HI 116 (which is MUCH better than 70*F drizzle according to Tim).

Show me where I said that.

Thanks!

70 degree drizzle is almost unheard of around here.

I was just about to say that... can't remember ever experiencing 70-degree drizzle.

I was just about to say that... can't remember ever experiencing 70-degree drizzle.

I've gotta think it's nigh impossible here. Even in the warmest part of the valley.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Nasty. Looks like you're weekend isn't looking too hot. 

I've probably experienced drizzle at 70. Experienced pouring down rain at about 80 degrees with a dewpoint in the high 70s. Almost like being in the shower. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

So 60 degree drizzle is commonplace but 70 degree drizzle is impossible?

That’s...interesting.

Darn close to impossible. Low to mid 60s is about the max with real drizzle. Usually its in the 50s with drizzle.