PNW February 2023 Weather Discussion - Meteorological winter finale

41 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

18z Euro generally upped snow amounts Monday night a bit.

1C9E2238-D029-499D-8335-0CC5E1F1736D.thumb.png.2e57156c2b74be7dcebb096a062f54e7.png

Looks like I’m in the pepto!

2023 - 2024 Cold Season Stats

Total Snowfall - 0.75”

Max Snow Depth - 0.5”

Coldest High Temp - 21 (Jan 13)

Coldest Low Temp - 9 (Jan 13)

Number of Freezes - 51

Sub-40 highs - 12

Highs 32 or lower - 3

6 minutes ago, High Desert Mat? said:

If it’s marginal over here, which it looks like, it’s really going to be marginal there. Then again not if you get heavy precip rates which look to be still almost two weeks out per T-Town. 

This isn’t a typical offshore flow event. It’s really cold onshore stuff

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, umadbro said:

Whoops. I only read half of his post. My bad y’all. 

All good. Just the time of year and sun angles (cue Tim). Believe me, I wish it was going to be low level offshore with upper level onshore in this setup. Then again, it is 11 days out which seems to be getting pushed a little each day. By the time it happens it may be end of February. Then the daffodils really get going. 😜 

• Like 1

Looks like the GFS doesn't save its outlandish snow maps for just for the lowlands of the PNW.     5 feet of snow in Minnesota in 11 days.   Got it.    🙄

gfs-deterministic-minnesota-total_snow_kuchera-7002400.png

• Excited 3
  • Snow 1
  • scream 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

13 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

First post I read today... very nice.

I never said anything about sun angles.   Through the first half of March we can be buried under the right circumstances.   I have said the GEFS snowfall maps are useless which is obviously true.   And I said we need the EPS on board.    It has now come into view on the EPS and its totally on board.   I am pretty certain something big is coming now.     

It was just a joke 😊 you know I love ya Tim! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TacomaWx said:

It was just a joke 😊 you know I love ya Tim! 

Sun angles became sort of meaningless to me after last April... snow on the ground for a week with 14 hours of daylight.  😀

• Like 2
  • Snow 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**