Jan. 22nd-23rd Winter Storm

Money

La Crosse and Sioux Falls both lead off their new discussions basically with "big changes" or "considerable changes". Sorry for folks that were under the bullseye,but looks better for a lot of Iowa and NE and WI posters.

EDIT: Milwaukee points out Madison specifically as place to see higher amounts (with the defo band Wed AM). Congrats!

DVN

Buchanan-Delaware-Dubuque-Benton-Linn-Jones-Jackson-

Including the cities of Independence, Manchester, Dubuque,

Vinton, Cedar Rapids, Anamosa, and Maquoketa

332 AM CST Tue Jan 22 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8

inches with isolated higher amounts possible. There could also

be a light glazing of ice.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Iowa.

* WHEN...Until 9 AM CST Wednesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. The

hazardous conditions will impact the commute this evening and

Wednesday morning.

• Like 2

Dubuque 2007-2008 Winter

78.1"  Total snowfall

February Snowfall 32.5"

City salt usage  : 12,211 tons

Days of measurable snow  : 40

00z GEFS...interesting trends for N IL and a complicated forecast for LOT...the last 4 GEFS runs show a dramatic shift S and one of the more tricky systems we have tracked thus far this season.  This storm has slowed down quite a bit from just a couple days ago.  

The latest RPM model keeps it snowing from I-88 on north from Noon till later tonight, then the battle begins how far north the warm front lifts.  This will be a good test to see if the deeper snowpack across the northern half of the CWA remains all snow or not.  Nonetheless, those to the NW of here are looking gravy for a healthy snowstorm, esp those in C WI who have missed out.

• Like 2

guess it turned into a big dog...great call Tom!

Wish it turned into the "Bomb" which was the original call but hey, it's better than a dud, right?!  I think your looking golden right now.  How much snow do you have OTG???  4-5"???  Nothing better than Snow-On-Snow and it looks like a major snowfall is heading your way.  I'm happy that S/C Wisco looks to cash and many trails will get a wonderful dumping of fresh snow.

• Like 1

I'm kinda concerned about dry air right now. Radar is dry as a bone both here and to our West.

I am also not surprised at the South trend all. We were supposed to rise all the way to 32 by now and we only rose to 24.3°F.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.