2/4 - 2/8: Multiple Potential Rain/Ice/Snow Events

East Dubzz

We had a nice batch of freezing rain move through this morning.  There is a decent glaze on the trees, but it didn't last long enough to get too thick.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Really bad down here this morning 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice is crushing trees and taking out power. Winds are suppose to gust to 35mph and some light snow is falling. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep the lights on.

Hope your power stays on! Ice is the absolute worst scenario...and those winds, not a good situation to be in. Good luck Clinton.

• Like 2

We have crashed to 16F.  There is one, perhaps final, band of precip moving through.  It is mostly snow, but continues to be mixed a bit with sleet.  The wind is howling.  In a short span we went from freezing mist to blizzard-like conditions at times.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Temps can't crash fast enough for me. This storm has been a disaster for my snowboarding. They're sitting waiting at the hill for temps to drop so they can start blowing more snow to fix this mess. Total crap, this storm took a few days off the end of my snowboarding season, at least. I hope next Tuesday can deliver some good snow, or anything besides ice or rain, really. It's going to be one of those Februaries where every event is a nail biter of if I'll be putting my gear away early or not this year.

• Like 1