5 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I have a question for everyone here, why do you like snow so much? I feel like everyone here likes snow, but some of them I doubt do anything more than look at it, but yet they  still root for it. Personally I root for it because it looks nice, feels great, skiing/sledding/snowshoeing is fun, it's fun for kids, and I enjoy using my snow blower.

All of the above.  And I love watching the snow fall, and the quietness after a snowstorm.  Also the way that the evergreens are painted with snow the morning after a snowstorm.  The deep blue skies above and the painted evergreen trees and mountains is a combination that can't be beat.

I'm someone who really loves all the seasons.  I love the fall colors, sunny Summer days with occasional (wet) thunderstorms, and seeing the green grass and flowers come back after the snow has melted.  Though the time between the snow melting (usually in March) and the colors coming back is my least favorite time.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, MillCreekMike said:

That crack in the CZ right over Everett is so crazy to me. Literally right over my house. Like a giant middle finger from Mother Nature 😂

would have been nice to have some flakes on your Palm trees

5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Didn't you ever play the game??

Of course!   It was staple in elementary schools back then.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

6 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

GFS has a little bit more for south king/pierce counties. Wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Happened last couple times with an artic event it seems.

For sure... I could see it lingering all night.   But I think this c-zone is the arctic front.   Models showed temp dropping below freezing in Seattle just after 4 p.m.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

45 at SEA with WSW23G30.   That will be fun to watch over the next couple of hours.

Outflow has started shredding precip blobs as they try to move across the strait. Meanwhile, the Chuckanuts are doing a great job at blocking the cold air. Temperature remains above freezing although places to my south and west are significantly colder.

• Sad 1

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.34 (11/4/22)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 8.0"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5" | '21-22: 21.75" | '22-23: 10.0" 

2023-24: 7.0" (1/17: 3", 1/18: 1.5", 2/26: 0.5", 3/4: 2.0", Flakes: 1/11, 1/16)

7 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

I have a question for everyone here, why do you like snow so much? I feel like everyone here likes snow, but some of them I doubt do anything more than look at it, but yet they  still root for it. Personally I root for it because it looks nice, feels great, skiing/sledding/snowshoeing is fun, it's fun for kids, and I enjoy using my snow blower.

Oh my…Not to make it a novel but it really started for me when I was around 9 years old…November 1985, I was already extremely fascinated by the weather after the huge Thanksgiving windstorm of the early 80’s, the power of nature got me hooked! Then 85 hit and not only how snow completely changes how the landscape looks but how it changes the daily routine of life. I hated school…HATED! And that morning where I was standing at the bus stop with my friends (we were living at the family lake house temporarily while my parents were building our new house) so my friends that also lived there and I played in the snow while waiting for the bus. Then the bus never came and our parents came up to the top of the road to let us know school was cancelled (was snowing heavily) and that feeling that I didn’t have to be stuck in that stupid school building all day was just the biggest dopamine hit ever!!!! From that day on I was obsessed and haven’t looked back. I love watching it fall, I love seeing it pile up, I love seeing my kids and dogs playing in it…I just love everything about it!!! I get angry when people say they hate snow, I just don’t understand how you can hate something so magical!! 

• Like 9

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

When I was doing genealogy, I was shocked how long some of my ancestors lived. Many past 70's, even into their 80's o 90's. Of course many died young due to accidents or infections. We are so fortunate to have all these miraculous medicines. I watched one program where a woman died from a cut with a knife. She was preparing dinner and got septis.