Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

Multiple reports of accidents on I-80 and closures between Omaha and Grand island. I'm surprised they haven't closed it completely. 

Between NE 80H Link; County Road 238 (3 miles east of Milford) and Northwest 40th Street (Lincoln). The road is closed because of drifting snow on the roadway.

Between Exit 409: US 6; East Lincoln; Waverly and Exit 405: US 77; Fremont;Wahoo (2 miles east of Lincoln). The road is closed due to an accident.

vid-I80atSeward.jpg

vid-I680atFort.jpg

My official report for my area, not from me but from a guy north of town. I was pretty close, I do it the old fashion way with a ruler and averages!!

0908 AM SNOW 3 NE SHELBY 41.22N 97.39W

02/01/2015 M7.2 INCH POLK NE CO-OP OBSERVER

Glad you got over 6" from this.  Now lets get another good amount out of the midweek storm 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  I'm sure you guys are as excited as I am about this Blizzard!  What a monster and "spread the wealth" system.  Looking forward to enjoy this daytime storm while kicking back, watching the radar/TV and riding it out.

I think that warmer pocket of 42F water temps in Lake Michigan is really doing some enhancing of the snowfall.  2F can make a BIG difference when talking Lehs snowfall.  I'm averaging 1"/hr over the last 2 hours.  Wasn't expecting that much given the nature of this system according to what guidance was suggesting.  If we can maintain this type of intensity through 6-9pm...oh my Lord will we have some hefty totals in NE IL!  Going to measure in about 30 minutes.

I think that warmer pocket of 42F water temps in Lake Michigan is really doing some enhancing of the snowfall. 2F can make a BIG difference when talking Lehs snowfall. I'm averaging 1"/hr over the last 2 hours. Wasn't expecting that much given the nature of this system according to what guidance was suggesting. If we can maintain this type of intensity through 6-9pm...oh my Lord will we have some hefty totals in NE IL! Going to measure in about 30 minutes.

Looks to my untrained eye that there is some lake enhancement going on

• Like 1

Check out the wind direction and notice where that "warm pool" of water is located on Lake Michigan...looks good, ay???  Click on the link below...

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-90.76,40.66,3000

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/ncast/mswt-00.gif

Looks like the SLP is located just north of STL at the moment...right on schedule...

Holy cow is the radar in N IL intensifying! Speaking of heavy snow, near Blizzard conditions occurring IMBY!

Grid forecast just increased afternoon totals from 4-8", to 6-10" AND 2-4" tonight! Yahoooooo!!!!

Someone between the loop and porter county Indiana makes a run at 20

• Like 1