March 7th Snow Potential

Grizzcoat

Maybe we can squeeze a couple inches out of this after all.  I need 2.1" to hit 50" for the season.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

DMX calling the EURO an outlier. WOW. ( can't remember the last time I heard that)  I wonder what the implications of this means down the road....

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Such an outlier that the Euro has .07" qpf , yet DMX has 3-5" for my grids. Maybe? Even the king is a peon and gets couet'de day?

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Such an outlier that the Euro has .07" qpf , yet DMX has 3-5" for my grids. Maybe? Even the king is a peon and gets couet'de day?

Yesterday DVN said the same thing.  I thought it was interesting.

The ECMWF is an outlier and has little QPF, this is

likely due to the model resolution and it not being able to resolve

the compact wave correctly.

Maybe we can squeeze a couple inches out of this after all.

*Looks at 12z NAM*

Or not.

• Like 1

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

The GFS FV3 is running but where is the GFS?  Maybe the cold finally got to it. :)

I seen a tweet by Ryan Maue mentioned it was running late and didn't know when it will be up and running. Mean while the FV3 GFS has the heaviest band moving right through my county. I'm not in any advisory though.....

snku_acc.us_nc.png

I seen a tweet by Ryan Maue mentioned it was running late and didn't know when it will be up and running. Mean while the FV3 GFS has the heaviest band moving right through my county. I'm not in any advisory though.....

The heaviest band doesn't seem to match with the advisory.  This has been the winter for that.  Many times we have not been put in advisories, then later in the game are added.

• Like 1

Nearly 0" here, 3" 20 miles to the North. Nice.

The cut-off on the south side of this system is going to be sharp. Omaha right now is looking good for at least 3-5 inches of snow from this system. It will be nice to add a little bit more to the snowpack, before a lot of it gets nuked this weekend. 

The cut-off on the south side of this system is going to be sharp. Omaha right now is looking good for at least 3-5 inches of snow from this system. It will be nice to add a little bit more to the snowpack, before a lot of it gets nuked this weekend. 

Honestly I'm fine with nothing. The snowpack has to go away at some point soon, I'd rather have it all get nuked in one day with the rain on Saturday than having to watch it go away slowly next week as we warm up to more seasonable temps.

Edit: I should add that I wouldn't mind a half inch or so to pad the stats a bit. The later the last measurable snowfall the better.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Not often my town gets mentioned in a graphic so I had to post it. Right now my plan is to leave in the morning for state basketball in my brand new Dodge Ram; I figure once I get to the interstate it should be smooth sailing. If the models/radar starts to trend back north then we will know the Platte River has done its job.....that's all I hear now from my assistant coach! Man is he a strong believer in that theory. 

D1A9dYqWoAYXjVF.jpg

• Like 2

And we’re down to under an inch with slightly heavier bands north and south splitting around Omaha. This overall appears to really be turning into a nothingburger. It looks like even if you miss out it’s going to be 2 or maybe 3” tops. Oh well, bring on the 35 and rainy season next!

02z HRRR has a narrow strip of 0.40" precip right through Grand Island and Lincoln.  There's a pretty heavy band through Grand Island right now.

hrrr_apcpn_ncus_18.png