March 2015 PNW Discussion

stuffradio

But it was supposed to rain all day.

All of the web cams look pretty damp over there. Pretty sure it's not totally dry. Never said it would be dumping rain. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like a wet weekend!

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Quite a change going from night after night of clear skies and frost to a low of 50 this morning.

Made a hike out to the still closed Johnston Ridge Observatory the other day...though there is not a spot of snow anywhere.

http://weathercrazy.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Boundary-Trail-3915

http://weathercrazy.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Boundary-Trail-3915/i-tLZP35b/0/M/62.%20G%20MSH%20and%20View%20BW-M.jpg

http://weathercrazy.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Boundary-Trail-3915/i-WhFnwtc/0/M/147.%20G%20MSH%20Crater%20Close-M.jpg

• Like 5

70F and sunny here in downtown OKC.  :)

The sun sure is strong compared to the PNW, what a difference 10 degrees in latitude makes.

I'm driving to Denver tomorrow and staying for a few weeks at least. When I was there two days ago it was 59F and sunny with piles of snow still. 

I never said I would be home either.

Raining pretty good across your entire area now. That sharp cold front must have slowed down. Has the well defined line of clouds from last night passed yet?? :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Today has been way better than what you painted last night for sure.

It has rained or drizzled most of the day out there. Point all along was that it would be precipitating long after that line passed. :)

It has rained or drizzled most of the day out there. Point all along was that it would be precipitating long after that line passed. :)

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/831-march-2015-pnw-discussion/?p=74035

.. Another go round perhaps Tim. ? ("Smiley".)

Junk, then a lesser organized and "re-developing" second wave. Not part of an occlusion. And with the "rain all day" idea of yours, not having resulted. - http://theweatherfor...ssion/?p=74013

---

God D**n, I am not a ******* idiot.

However, it will rain longer inland than here.

This was your 3rd incorrect statement last night. As you can see by the radar this afternoon:

http://s30.postimg.org/xwlavrb8h/pacnorthwest.gif

Own it man! We are all so bored.

Sorry here Fred. 

But it's down to "name-calling". 

Chief "bullsh*t-artistist" in charge, cousin Tim from North Bend.

(Deflect, obfuscate, point to other's views / impressions as of lesser value, re-entered into the context to a slightly different if more suitable meaning, toward working to make his own failed position appear somewhat more sound.)

---

Sorry here Fred. 

But it's down to "name-calling". 

Chief "bullsh*t-artistist" in charge, cousin Tim from North Bend.

(Deflect, obfuscate, point to other's lesser, suggested, re-entered into the context to infer a slightly different if more suitable meaning, toward working to make his own failed position appear somewhat more sound.)

Comic relief indeed. And no name calling either.

-

Have an holly jolly Christmass.

How about the more basic reality, here for ya son. (?) All you've done here, with this "argument" (extended.), has been to have attached your thinking of what might have resulted, to an initially fairly simple, more general and straight-forward comment and observation. 

What I'd read, more basically, .. quick moving front-line, doesn't appear that precip will be more long-lasting. 

Next system activity, how about instead, posting your own "front" to "back" analyses of what you see developing. And not piggy-backing your thinking onto to someone else's more general view posted. And pulling them into to have to deal with your own, more specific and confused.

---

.. More "general" appearances, had been more at the time of the post. (?)

(.. looks like, hadn't it been. Before the general dissection. ?)

I can walk outside and say particular clouds look like snow clouds but quickly deduce they're not when the ambient temperature verifies to be 63 degrees on the Fahrenheit scale.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

WA did have its warmest February on record. OR came in 3rd.

I stand corrected then. Though it still wasn't as anomalous as Oct 2014. Surprising given that Everett, OLM, Spokane, Pullman, Walla Walla, Centralia, Landsburg, Battle Ground and quite a few other long term stations failed to set monthly records.

Clearbrook did manage to set their record, their third monthly record in the past 5 years. Prior to that, they hadn't had a record warm month since 1992.

A forum for the end of the world.

70F and sunny here in downtown OKC. :)

The sun sure is strong compared to the PNW, what a difference 10 degrees in latitude makes.

I'm driving to Denver tomorrow and staying for a few weeks at least. When I was there two days ago it was 59F and sunny with piles of snow still.

I ll be flying into okc in 25 hours.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I stand corrected then. Though it still wasn't as anomalous as Oct 2014. Surprising given that Everett, OLM, Spokane, Pullman, Walla Walla, Centralia, Landsburg, Battle Ground and quite a few other long term stations failed to set monthly records.

Clearbrook did manage to set their record, their third monthly record in the past 5 years. Prior to that, they hadn't had a record warm month since 1992.

Swing low, sweet fruit chariot.

It's been really warm.

• Like 1

Darn! It seems we just don't do warm as well as we did in the old days!

Swing low, sweet fruit chariot.

It's been really warm.

Yuppers.

But that doesn't mean places like SEA and PDX aren't low hanging fruit for monthly anomalies. SEA in particular. Not mutually exclusive concepts we're talking about here. UHI and global warming (centered on the West Coast) can coexist!

A forum for the end of the world.

You mean humid? Can you show me how you were able to figure that out. We rarely have humid days here if that is what you mean.

By March standards it should be a bit sticky.  SW'erly flow, fairly high heights (good subsidence), plenty of residual moisture.  Hot stuff.  

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.