California Weather/ Climate

Guest happ

From Ken Johnson [Fresno]: 

HEADS-UP AG Alert!

Monday’s Operational GFS model runs, continue showing chances of patchy frost arriving as early as Friday morning Dec 26th at some of the colder Ag Stations, with more widespread Freezing Temps below 32° possibly arriving Monday, Dec 29th thru at least Sat, Jan 3rd 2015.  Critical Temps 28° or below are possible on Tue, Dec 30th and Wed, Dec 31st, with the coldest temps possibly reaching 25° on those 2 nights at the cold spots. These are tentative temp forecasts based upon the Monday GFS models and hopefully will be edited beforehand…with better news.  Stay tuned for regular updates regarding this cold event. 

Wx HEADLINES: Aside from the early morning stratus and fog, dry conditions with mild temps persist thru mid week as High Pressure remains dominant over the region. The storm track has receded northward into BC, Canada and WA State, where heavy warm rains continue, directly from Hawaii.  The CA High Pressure resulted in many Record-Setting warm temps over CA on Sun/Mon.  Several SJV Ag Stations reached 70° on Monday, which is +17° above average for this time of year!  Surface High Pressure into the Great Basin of 1028mb combined with 1020mb over southern Kern Co is generating a moderate Mono Wind Event Monday night with 75mph NE winds at Mammoth Mtn, 35mph NE winds at Mt Tom, and 18mph NE winds at the Minarets Ranger Station, all within the upper San Joaquin River basin.  How far down the SJ River basin these winds will reach is unknown, but North Fork is reporting NE at 6mph.  Many foothill reservoirs as well as Eastside Ag Stations are also reporting NE downsloping winds.  Fog has filled much of the SJV and has banked up against the Sierra foothills, Tehachapi Mts, as well as the Coast Range, which is insulating the outgoing radiational cooling, with temps reaching dewpoints at many SJV Stations. Very few stations have dipped below 50° at midnight due to the Tule Fog.  If and when the Fog burns off, Tuesday could produce another warm afternoon with temps up to +15° above average with more possible Heat Records broken.   A rather robust, rapidly moving storm will drop into NORCAL late Wednesday, with a quick burst of light rains spreading southward.  Since the storm is moving fast, the QPF’s are expected to be low, with Tahoe resorts possibly receiving up to 6 inches of fresh snow, just in time for the Christmas Holiday. Expect a white Christmas for Reno/Sparks and Carson City too.  Winds could possibly have the biggest impact upon CENCAL with some breezes as the new airmass arrives.  Cooler temps on Christmas will be the result of the frontal passage, with overnight mins dipping into the 30°’s.  The longer range forecasts are still somewhat questionable regarding the timing, trajectory track and severity of how much cold Canadian ARCTIC air streams southward into CA.  This cold event has been forecast by the GFS for Day 16 since our forecast issued on Dec 14th.  The Day 16 Forecast issued on Dec 14th is copied below;

Forecast Issued on Dec 14th;        Remember reading this 9 Days ago?

Day16-384hr, Mon 12/29                      The High Pressure ridge offshore rapidly builds northward into western Canada, with a steep downwind flank dropping due south into CA!  WOWIE!  NOT GOOD…  The flow pattern suggested shows POLAR air diving due south from northern BC, Canada toward Fresno with a vortmax piece of energy diving into Bishop with a -28°C isotherm and a dry/polar front sagging SW from the Sierra, moving over the SJV from the NE!  Been there done that, not pretty.   Hope and pray, this does NOT verify.  We’ll be looking forward to the next subsequent GFS model run to hopefully see this bugger be erased.  500mb chart example below showing polar air diving into CA on a north flow pattern.  Low confidence…

If the recent GFS model trends are correct, then this forecast issued 16 Days ago could verify with some very unpleasant repercussions for the AG Community, specifically for the Citrus Industry.  While the GFS has struggled with this scenario for the past 9 days, it keeps bouncing back to the original theme of a blast of ARCTIC air reaching into CA.  With the clock ticking away, the GFS is quickly using up the available time left to edit or modify this damaging event, with about 6 or 7 days left before the bulk of the cold air arrives.  Projected minimum temps for the SJV Ag Stations have ranged as low as the upper teens, to the mid to upper 20°’s over the past several days and are now hovering into the mid 20°’s at the coldest Stations for several consecutive nights.  Tonight’s 0Z GFS finishes this cold event off on Jan 6th with a bang, suggesting a warm “undercutting” rain event, with heavy rains progged for CENCAL.  The confidence on this event is very low, but would be very welcomed. 

It should be noted that the month of December has been extremely productive for precip into NORCAL, with the Northern Sierra 8-Station Precip Index showing a December 2014 total of 177% of average, which increases the Seasonal Average to 147%.  By stark comparison however, the San Joaquin 5-Station Precip Index has received roughly ½ of what the Northern Sierra has gotten with only 85% of the December average and 77% of the Seasonal Average.   With the rest of December looking very dry, these numbers are unlikely to change very much, although the Northern Sierra Index could add another 0.5 to 1 inch before New Years, the Southern Sierra may get ½ that amt.  Therefore the December Monthly precip tallies and re-analysis could be very interesting and informative.  All NOR/CENCAL Regional Stations are reporting Seasonal Averages from a low of 101% at Crescent City, up to a high of 236% at Salinas and 246% at Moffett, San Jose.  Fresno’s Seasonal Average at 111% compares to last year at this time of only 29%, with Bakersfield’s Seasonal Average up to 145% as compared to last year at this time of only 61%

Today was the warmest day of the month and only the 2nd day in the 80's.  With the forecast for a much colder airmass into next week, December could end up w/ below normal maximum temps as the first and only month this year.

84 / 58

This will sock us silly  :P  Surprised NWS_LA is only forecasting 40's in metro Los Angeles/ Orange county.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA
150 PM PST WED DEC 24 2014

...WINTRY WEATHER ON TAP FOR THE MOUNTAINS ON CHRISTMAS MORNING...

.A COLD FRONT WILL BRING SHOWERS TO THE NORTH SLOPES OF THE
MOUNTAINS LATE TONIGHT THROUGH CHRISTMAS MORNING. SNOW LEVELS
WILL FALL TO BETWEEN 4000 AND 5000 BY DAWN ON CHRISTMAS AND
ACCUMULATING SNOW IS POSSIBLE NEAR THE GRAPEVINE.

VENTURA COUNTY MOUNTAINS-
LOS ANGELES COUNTY MOUNTAINS EXCLUDING THE SANTA MONICA RANGE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LOCKWOOD VALLEY...MOUNT PINOS...ACTON...
MOUNT WILSON...SANDBERG
150 PM PST WED DEC 24 2014

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 1 PM
PST THURSDAY...

* LOCATIONS...THE NORTH SLOPES OF THE VENTURA AND LOS ANGELES
  MOUNTAINS...INCLUDING THE I-5 CORRIDOR.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 3 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW LEVELS WILL START OUT AT 6500 FEET THIS EVENING
  BUT WILL QUICKLY FALL OVERNIGHT TO 4000 TO 4500 FEET.

* IMPACTS...MOUNTAIN TRAVEL ESPECIALLY THROUGH THE I-5 CORRIDOR
  WILL BE DIFFICULT DUE TO A COMBINATION SNOW...BLOWING SNOW AND
  STRONG WINDS.

* WINDS...NORTH 30 TO 45 WITH GUSTS TO 65 MPH.

* VISIBILITIES...NEAR ZERO AT TIMES IN SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND
USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. CHECK THE LATEST ROAD REPORTS BEFORE
DEPARTING. KEEP AN EMERGENCY KIT IN YOUR VEHICLE WHICH INCLUDES A
FLASHLIGHT...FOOD AND WATER...EXTRA CLOTHES AND BLANKETS...AND
TIRE CHAINS.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA
146 PM PST WED DEC 24 2014

VENTURA COUNTY INTERIOR VALLEYS-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SANTA PAULA...FILLMORE...OJAI...PIRU
146 PM PST WED DEC 24 2014

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO NOON PST
THURSDAY...
...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOS ANGELES/OXNARD HAS ISSUED A
FREEZE WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT
THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING.

* WINDS AND TIMING...NORTH WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50
  MPH WILL DEVELOP JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT AND PERSIST THROUGH NOON
  THURSDAY.

* TEMPERATURES AND TIMING...WIND SHELTERED AREAS SUCH AS THE OJAI
  VALLEY MAY FALL INTO THE UPPER 20S LATE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO
  FRIDAY MORNING...WITH SEVERAL HOURS OF TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 29
  AND 32 DEGREES.

* IMPACTS...TRAVEL WILL BE IMPACTED ON AREA ROADWAYS. WINDS THIS
  STRONG WILL BE CAPABLE OF DOWNING TREE LIMBS AND CAUSING POWER
  OUTAGES. SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO
  CROPS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

WHEN DRIVING...USE EXTRA CAUTION. BE PREPARED FOR SUDDEN GUSTY
CROSS WINDS.

A FREEZE WATCH MEANS TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 29 AND 32 DEGREES OR
LESS WILL BE POSSIBLE FOR AT LEAST TWO CONSECUTIVE HOURS.
PROTECTIVE MEASURES TO SAVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE NEEDED.
VULNERABLE ANIMALS AND PETS SHOULD BE KEPT INDOORS IN A HOUSE OR
BARN.

Frost and freeze warnings across California and Arizona in many of the heavy agricultural regions like strawberry fields.  Temperatures were and will remain very chilly even though it is sunny.  Where it is not windy, the worst minimums occur.  Next week could be very interesting.

Finally it is winter in the Southwest!

62/ 47

It definitely is feeling like December here in Socal with the colder temperatures as well as the cold Santa Ana winds. Here in Orange, the lows have been staying in the upper 40's to low 50's due to the winds, as this area is prone to Santa Anas. The winds started up last night and continued into this morning, and then died down in the afternoon, only to come up again tonight.

The winds here haven't stopped since Christmas eve and since that same time it's been above freezing for a total of about 3hrs. I'm guessing the wind changed direction overnight since the temp rose 6degrees from 24 last night to 30 now.

Looking fwd to next week with some highs in the 20's with snow!

The winds here haven't stopped since Christmas eve and since that same time it's been above freezing for a total of about 3hrs. I'm guessing the wind changed direction overnight since the temp rose 6degrees from 24 last night to 30 now.

Looking fwd to next week with some highs in the 20's with snow!

I am hoping next week's storm brings some good snows to the mountains and that elevations below 5,000-6,000 feet finally receive snow. Those locations are due for some good snow for a change, and should get some as long there is enough moisture with the storm.

Anyone here remember 1-4-74?  I was a freshman in high school and played hooky that day so I could watch the storm.  I lived in Claremont, and through the heavy rain I could see snow sticking to the foothills all the way down to their bases (around 2,000 ft.).  When the skies finally cleared a few days later, there was a thick mantle of pure white on the mountains down to 3000 ft. that lasted for weeks.  That was an epic event, and definitely one that spurred my interest in the weather.

I was too young to remember that storm, but it certainly sounded like a great event that was beneficial to the ski resorts as well as for the snow pack. I am sure many people played in the snow in the days and weeks after the storm!

I know I'd love to see more discussion on this evolving pattern! :D

Potentially the coldest at my location in 8+ years AND it comes with snow!?!

24/7 is my coldest day and night recorded (not on the same occasion) and Wed forecast is currently 22/10.

New Year's Eve could be one of the coldest in a long time.  Would be great if the San Gabriel's were coated in snow; perfect conditions for football [50's].

It was cold [meaning 30's to below 32] inland / upper valleys except in those freak zones around Oceanside [airport: 33 @ 4:30AM] 

Steady light offshore wind may have helped citrus groves in Ventura county.

L: 45 [coldest for 2014 thus far]

The NWS calling for snow levels down to 2000 ft or lower now. Could be interesting...

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA127 PM PST SUN DEC 28 2014...POTENTIAL FOR SNOW ON THE ANTELOPE VALLEY FLOOR AS WELL AS THELOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTY MOUNTAINS LATE TUESDAY INTOWEDNESDAY....A VERY COLD STORM DROPPING OUT OF CANADA IS EXPECTED TO BRING SNOWTO VERY LOW ELEVATIONS OF THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTYMOUNTAINS AS WELL AS THE ANTELOPE VALLEY FLOOR LATE TUESDAY INTOWEDNESDAY. SNOW LEVELS WILL FALL RAPIDLY TUESDAY NIGHT TO 2000FEET OR LOWER WITH ACCUMULATING SNOW EXPECTED ON THE FLOOR OF THEANTELOPE VALLEY AS WELL AS INTERSTATE 5 THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE. THEHEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE OVER THE NORTH FACINGSLOPES OF THE EASTERN SAN GABRIELS AND ADJACENT ANTELOPE VALLEYFOOTHILLS...MAINLY EAST OF HIGHWAY 14 WHERE UP TO A FOOT OF SNOWIS POSSIBLE THROUGH WEDNESDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TAPER OFFWEDNESDAY AFTERNOON WITH DRY BUT COLD CONDITIONS EXPECTED ON NEWYEARS DAY.

Also, I made a little map a couple of days ago comparing this coming event to Nov. 2004 if anyone remembers that one. The top one was in 2004 and the bottom was the GFS forecast. Of course I'm sure there were plenty of differences. This event will have a colder core and I would guess 2004 had better convective parameters, at least in southern California. But as far as 500mb vorticity is concerned they look pretty damned similar. In this image 2004 had a better over water trajectory, but since then this storm has trended further over water on the GFS.

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x333/FrostFuzz/2004vs2014_zps477f2f2f.jpg

Another kinda comparable storm might be February 14, 2008. That one was an inside slider as well, although I think it favored areas further south.

• Like 1

NWS SD put up their winter storm watch calling for just 2"-4" in the high desert and 4"-8" in the mountains. I see above the LA NWS has up to a foot of snow and the locations we're talking about aren't that far apart....

In other news, Dallas Raines said it was going to snow on Christmas (it didn't and I wonder what he got paid LOL) so since Thursday it's been bumper to bumper traffic on every route going to big bear. Taking people 4 hrs to get up the 330 when normally it takes less than 30 minutes and another 3 hrs to big bear when normally about 45min.....big bear has two runs open........

New Year's Eve could be one of the coldest in a long time.  Would be great if the San Gabriel's were coated in snow; perfect conditions for football [50's].

It was cold [meaning 30's to below 32] inland / upper valleys except in those freak zones around Oceanside [airport: 33 @ 4:30AM] 

Steady light offshore wind may have helped citrus groves in Ventura county.

L: 45 [coldest for 2014 thus far]

NWS is forecasting lows in the 30's for New Years Eve even in coastal Orange County, which would be quite cold.

12Z Euro is far, far wetter with the storm than the 12Z GFS....I'm not sure which one will verify, but if I had to bet on one model, it would be the Euro.  It has nailed some of the more recent midwest storms lately, and I'm hoping it will be the most accurate for us as well....a slight glimmer of hope!

Well, poop.  Looks like the track of the low is more easterly after all, and the most we can expect is some strong northerly winds and cold temperatures.

Seems to me that overall, these types of events generally pan out towards the drier end of the forecast range.  I'm thinking specifically of the huge December 1990 arctic blast, which was forecast to  bring lots of rain and low-elevation snow, but which ended up producing only partly cloudy skies and frigid temperatures.

I remember the December 1990 event since it was was first and last below freezing temp I have recorded; enough cold air to freeze the upper layer of the swimming pool where I lived at the time.

This cold spell doesn't seem to have the same dynamics but temps on New Year's day could come as close to a widespread frost event than we have had since 2007.

61 / 44

I wouldn't mind a repeat of the January 2007 event:  47/32, 46/30, 47/38 were my numbers -- not too shabby.

I wish I'd lived here in 1990.  It must have gotten well into the 20s.

As long as I'm dreaming, I wish I'd been here in January 1949.  It would be fascinating to know how much snow my area got.

I have seen a historical photo of Orange High School (now the campus of Chapman University - located in Orange) taken during that storm in January 1949 and it appears that enough snow fell to cover the lawn. I have lived in the Orange area my entire life and have never seen it snow here. I imagine your area in Tujunga with its higher elevation probably picked up considerably more snow during that storm.

Winter storm warning starts at 4pm......currently experiencing heavy wind driven snow with 2" on the ground (massive 6" drifts LOL) and a temp of 23F which is the coldest daytime temp while its snowing that I've recorded here in 8 years.

LA TIMES 12/30/14

"126th Rose Parade could be coldest ever

Thanks to an icy storm blowing in, Rose Parade campers may have to endure cold never before seen in the parade’s 125-year history, according to the National Weather Service.

The record low for the New Year's Day parade in Pasadena was 32 degrees in 1952. But that low could be surpassed Wednesday night, the NWS says.

The cold heading south from Canada is expected to shroud Southern California overnight Wednesday in freezing rain and snow to elevations as low as 2,000 feet.

The imminent storm even has L.A. County health officials warning residents to exercise extra precaution.

The L.A. County Public Health Department issued the warning for the San Gabriel, San Fernando, Antelope and Santa Clarita valleys as well as the Mt. Wilson area.

“Children, the elderly and people with disabilities or special medical needs are especially vulnerable during such cold snaps. Extra precaution should be taken to ensure they don’t get too cold when they are outside,” Jeffrey Gunzenhauser, Los Angeles County's interim health officer, said in a statement. “There are places where people can go to stay warm, such as shelters or other public facilities. We also want to remind people not to use stoves, barbecues or ovens to heat their homes due to the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.”

The National Weather Service advised parade fans camping out along Colorado Boulevard to wear layers of clothing as temperatures are set to fall to 35 degrees throughout the region.

The latest cold front from Canada is expected to drop up to a foot of new snow on the eastern San Gabriel Mountains. Although the snow will peter out by Wednesday afternoon, the chilly temperatures will stick around, bringing overnight lows in the upper 20s and 30s for most of the region.

The Antelope Valley and mountain communities will experience much colder lows as temperatures drop into the single digits and teens.

Icy roadways and blowing snow from gusty winds could affect driving on Interstate 5 through the Grapevine, Highways 14 and 138 in Los Angeles County and Highway 33 in Ventura County"

"Freezing rain?" :huh:

I was looking for data about the record coldest Rose Parade but couldn't find anything, so thanks for posting this article.

I seem to remember a New Year's morning in the '80s that was pretty cold as well.  1985?

I heard reports of snowfall being observed below 2000' in the Tujunga/ La Crescenta Valley area earlier this evening.  Today was cloudy with very light rainfall and some of the coldest maximum temps in years.  Wind tonight could translate into wind chill indexes but Thursday morning/ New Year's day may set some records if the sky is clear and wind dies down.

55 / 46

It has been raining off and on lightly here in Orange County since late this afternoon. The wind has come up quite strong here in Orange just after dark and continues to be gusty and quite cold even though the rain tapered off. The rain has picked up again over the last 20-25 minutes or so and gusts of wind have been blowing the rain against my north and east-facing windows and the temperature is 44 degrees, likely with a much colder wind chill!

I was surprised by the minimums [lots of 40's] this morning; guess it was too windy.  No damage from overnight winds in my area but some interesting wind-related events including out on Catalina Island.  Snowfall was freaky where it occurred; the link shows snow levels unheard of before [Lake Elsinore/ Murrieta].

NWS_LA is forecasting widespread 30's tonight so maybe even the foothills will drop below 40.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-southern-california-snow-20141231-htmlstory.html

L: 43

You can see some patches of snow in Temecula from this webcam:
http://temeculacam.com/

Also you can check these webcam images from HPWREN (UCSD) of different locations in San Diego County and a couple in southern Riverside County, including another view of Temecula: http://hpwren.ucsd.edu/cameras/

I didn't see any snow on the lower peaks of the Santa Ana Mountains visible from my house, but if I did, I would have attempted to post a picture here.

I picked up .07" from this storm, which mainly brought a lot of strong wind and light rain here in Orange. It didn't get cold enough here for it to snow, but I wasn't expecting that anyway, but I thought that there would be snow on the mountains east of me. The most impressive low elevation snow visible from my house was from the cold storm that occurred in December 2008.

"The most impressive low elevation snow visible from my house was from the cold storm that occurred in December 2008."

Do you have any pictures from that one?

Seems like this event was supposed to be similar to the one on 12/17/08, but fell short (or fell slightly too far East).

Winds are calm here now but at 46º the temperature isn't exactly plummeting yet -- NWS forecasts 32º for my location tonight but I'm thinking more like mid-30s.

No more rain on the horizon, which is a little depressing since we've had so many dry Januaries lately.  I guess there's still hope for the latter half of the month!

I do have a few pictures of that storm, which I may post here soon. I have never uploaded any pictures to this forum before except for my avatar pic, but I am planning to do so someday when we get some really interesting weather.

Wind is dying down as the 'wicked' low exits California; footage of snow as low as 1200' is beautiful [kids skiing on surf boards].  Glad the mountains picked up additional snowfall.  Looking forward to some frosty mornings!

56 / 43

Current: 46

It is definitely a chilly night here in Orange! My east-facing thermometer shows 41.5 and the north-facing thermometer outside my bedroom window shows a very cold 39.5 as of 10:25 p.m. This is easily going to be the coldest night at least since last December, if not before that. My observations from before have always been taken from my bedroom thermometer as the other thermometer is new.

Didn't break the 40° barrier but came very close at 41°.  I have wind chimes outside my bedroom window that were signifying light wind gusts off and on during the night.  I am sure that there was frost in low-lying calm places throughout the region as identified by Eujunga although NWS pulled the frost advisory for the basin.

It is nice to start the new year with below normal temps so unlike last January that was depressingly warm.

Yesterday was a 20/12 day. 20 being my coldest daytime max temp in my 8 years living here, previously was 24, smashed that record! Came close to a high of 19 but briefly it tapped 20 before going right back down.

Today shaping up to be 32/18 unless temps plummet before midnight which they might considering snow cover and no winds today.

Yesterday was a 20/12 day. 20 being my coldest daytime max temp in my 8 years living here, previously was 24, smashed that record! Came close to a high of 19 but briefly it tapped 20 before going right back down.

Today shaping up to be 32/18 unless temps plummet before midnight which they might considering snow cover and no winds today.

How much snow do you have on the ground?

I saw pictures of a solid covering of snow on Facebook apparently from Temecula between LA and San Diego at just above 1,000 feet. Seriously impressive!

10906505_583696428440638_149865787551827

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

How much snow do you have on the ground?

I saw pictures of a solid covering of snow on Facebook apparently from Temecula between LA and San Diego at just above 1,000 feet. Seriously impressive!

10906505_583696428440638_149865787551827

NWS SD posted a pic someone took on I15.  There was like 3 inches and counting at one point.

Sounds like you guys have had some action down there.  The models do appear to be shutting off the rain potential for you again though.  Hopefully you'll get a few more good storms before the winter is done.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9