May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Yes... but it you take out some warm months from 2013-17 and some cold months from 2008-12 then its not so clear cut.

My best Jared impression.    :lol:

You are doing a good one! :D

Again, I don't cherry-pick. Except occasionally when I'm trolling you, Tim.  :D  :lol:

I consistently use the same maps, the same stations, etc. 

Jesse, of course, is completely incapable of any objective contributions to this topic. 

A forum for the end of the world.

Yeah, with the most expensive real estate, the highest cost of living, and the second largest debt of any state in the US?

I’ll pass.

• Like 1

Again, I don't cherry-pick. Except occasionally when I'm trolling you, Tim. :D :lol:

I consistently use the same maps, the same stations, etc.

Jesse, of course, is completely incapable of any objective contributions to this topic.

:angry: !

I don’t know whether to be happy because Tim is under a trough, or peeved because I’m under a ridge. #conflicted

WnCi0Mq.jpg

Lol. I wonder what would kill me first..the fried ice cream or the summer humidity?

Guest happ

Yeah, with the most expensive real estate, the highest cost of living, and the second largest debt of any state in the US?

I’ll pass.

Do your homework, Phil.  Agree w/ Jared ; you and Tim would be much happier in a deep red state.  :rolleyes:

"Tax burdens: 7 states with highest income tax" https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/taxes/2017/10/13/7-states-with-the-highest-income-tax/106458790/

I know... its been warm and wet overall.

But 2018 was not as warm as I expected so far... and most of the years in the last decade have been normal or below normal to this point in the year. Almost seems like we are due for some warmth in the January - April period looking at the 2008-18 period.

Especially January, been a real cold month lately. Only 2nd warmest in Portland this year. And I think Feb 2015 was the hottest ever in Portland, but heck it's been 3 years, time for another.

Really dry too!  

Cold and dry.   ;)

You might remember that I never argued with you that 2014-17 was a really wet period. It was. 

I simply pointed out that the unusual wetness was concentrated mainly over the course of a few months, and the overall wetness has decreased over the past year.

A forum for the end of the world.

Made it 72, little cooler now probably due to the SW/W breeze going. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Really wish we could just analyze and appreciate the weather while not jumping to political conclusions that are divisive.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I like how the clouds are largely absent over the southern end of Vancouver Island this morning. Clouds made it past the Bellingham invisible boundary today.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/wfo/sew/vis.jpg

It was sunny all day here, but I could see thick marine layer clouds to the south. This is pretty common in the warm season. Early in the morning I could see the clouds tearing apart as they moved north, this area is a divergence zone in onshore flow, the marine stratus tends to get pushed south and concentrates in the convergence zone.

• Like 1

Guest happ

Really wish we could just analyze and appreciate the weather while not jumping to political conclusions that are divisive.

It not so much political as it is scientific. Or simply, values regarding responsibilities to the environment. There are some Republicans like Trump who only value personal profit.            

It not so much political as it is scientific. Or simply, values regarding responsibilities to the environment. There are some Republicans like Trump who only value personal profit.

Lol please reread and think about what Mr. Sex drive said.

A place came on the market in the area about 1850', bigger house, twice as much land...Think I'm going to check it out this weekend...

I am most definitely NOT regretting our decision to upgrade to a bigger house and more property, we are loving the new place!! My suggestion...go for it now since rates will be continuing to climb through the end of the year I’m sure.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Yesterday the GEM was toying with the idea of cutting off way more energy into the desert SW and weakening the ridge.

Now all the models show this idea.   Here is the 00Z ECMWF for Sunday:

ecmwf_z500a_namer_7.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The topic of climate change ideally should be more scientific than political. Unfortunately, the actions the world is taking now are largely political, and will do little/nothing to reduce CO^2.

FWIW, I happen to believe that a *slow* CO^2 increase to 500 or 600ppm would be more beneficial than harmful to humanity. Certainly, it would boost agriculture and reduce famine worldwide. I’m more worried about preventing an ice age in the long term than averting global warming in the short term. Unfortunately, neither may be possible.

The topic of climate change ideally should be more scientific than political. Unfortunately, the actions the world is taking now are largely political, and will do little/nothing to reduce CO^2.

FWIW, I happen to believe that a *slow* CO^2 increase to 500 or 600ppm would be more beneficial than harmful to humanity. Certainly, it would boost agriculture and reduce famine worldwide. I’m more worried about preventing an ice age in the long term than averting global warming in the short term. Unfortunately, neither may be possible.

A lot of what you post contradicts itself.

Trip to the beach starting today and coming back Sunday. Hoping for some dry moments at least.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Trip to the beach starting today and coming back Sunday. Hoping for some dry moments at least.

I think most of Friday will be nice down there... and certainly dry on Saturday and Sunday.   Maybe some offshore flow if you are lucky.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I think most of Friday will be nice down there... and certainly dry on Saturday and Sunday.   Maybe some offshore flow if you are lucky.  

Friday and Saturday are probably the best bet for dry and sunny. The marine layer could be back in the picture by Sunday.

Really cool cirrus clouds overhead this morning. Will have to post pics in a bit. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"