June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

The global SST anomaly is down to 0.076. After running a positive anomaly (1981-2010 climo) for 4 consecutive years, we’re finally coming down from the super niño/solar maximum high.

Farmboy and Heatsquall are the only people I know of who root for temperatures at/above 90*F. I can’t think of anybody else who enjoys that s**t.

And the funniest part is they both live in the worst place for heat in the country. You’d think people craving heat would live in Phoenix or something. Lol.

• Like 1

Farmboy and Heatsquall are the only people I know of who root for temperatures at/above 90*F. I can’t think of anybody else who enjoys that s**t.

And the funniest part is they both live in the worst place for heat in the country. You’d think people craving heat would live in Phoenix or something. Lol.

OMG... this is getting ridiculous with you.

We never have real heat... its a novelty.    And its never humid and its never lasts.

This is like someone in Minnesota yelling at us all winter for cheering for arctic air.   Don't you guys know how dangerous and deadly arctic air is??   Stop cheering for miserable cold!   But arctic air and snow never last long here either.  Its a novelty.

We spend most of the year between 40-70 degrees and want something different once in awhile.   Give it a rest already.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

OMG... this is getting ridiculous with you.

We never have real heat... its a novelty. And its never humid and its never lasts.

This is like someone in Minnesota yelling at us all winter for cheering for arctic air. Don't you guys know how dangerous and deadly arctic air is?? Stop cheering for miserable cold! But arctic air and snow never last long here either. Its a novelty.

We spend most of the year between 40-70 degrees and want something different once in awhile. Give it a rest already.

Nobody roots for -30*F temperatures. And nobody roots for 100*F temperatures. Except you and Farmboy, of course.

That’s the point. Very few people enjoy extreme temperatures.

• Like 2

Mariners have taken 2 out of 3 now from the Red Sox.    They can hang with the big boys.    :)

Looking like their first playoff appearance since before Youtube existed. Wow.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Nobody roots for -30*F temperatures. And nobody roots for 100*F temperatures. Except you and Farmboy, of course.

You are being ridiculous.   

And we would die from boredom if every day of the year was in the 50s and it was cloudy and damp.    

We routinely cheer for temps down to 0 in the winter and up to 100 in the summer just because its interesting.    We know our default is very mild all year long.   We know this fact.   That is why we cheer for the extremes.   The extremes never last more than a couple days and its interesting.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You are being ridiculous.   

And we would die from boredom if every day of the year was in the 50s and it was cloudy and damp.    

We routinely cheer for temps down to 0 in the winter and up to 100 in the summer just because its interesting.    We know our default is very mild all year long.   We know this fact.   That is why we cheer for the extremes.   The extremes never last more than a couple days and its interesting.

Not Phil, according to him, this is the most desirable weather one could ask for and every man, woman and child in America wants every summer day to be like this... :lol:

^This statement was intended to mimic Phil's ridiculous comment above...^    :lol:

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Rain and hail! Jesse...the foothill magic is kicking in!! Right when I was going to mow as well!

Wow... hail too!

It was sunny here at my foothill location for probably 90% of the day and we had maybe 2 drops of rain from those clouds drifting off the mountains.

I remember being pretty annoyed when we had some poorly timed cloud cover during the July 2009 event. A possible shot at 100 was ruined by a couple hours of afternoon cloud.

This is relatively far from the Ochocos, but Burns, OR recorded light snow this morning.https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=pqr&sid=KBNO&num=25&raw=0&banner=off

Says it was 39 degrees which could be reasonable for snow with a cold upper-level airmass, but I just can't believe it would snow at 58 degrees. Must've been hail or really icy graupel.

Pleasant outside.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

00Z GFS has a weak 573DM ULL passing overhead on Friday... that might slow the following trough down enough to allow for another nice weekend if it verifies.

Says it was 39 degrees which could be reasonable for snow with a cold upper-level airmass, but I just can't believe it would snow at 58 degrees. Must've been hail or really icy graupel.

Oh yeah, that definitely wasn’t snow in the webcam pic. My piece about Burns was more of a somewhat related aside.

• Like 1

00Z GFS has a weak 573DM ULL passing overhead on Friday... that might slow the following trough down enough to allow for another nice weekend if it verifies.

That’s not how it works. ;)

As I stated before, I like any form of extreme weather. Along with snow and ice storms. I'd also root for a 1996 flooding repeat, another Columbus day storm. I know we don't get it here but bring a F5 tornado. Let us experience golf ball sized hail. I'm a weather fanatic and I can't stop thinking about weather. My passion grows each year. Normally I don't post during the summer but I love weather too much. The last thing I do before going to sleep is look at the models and that's also the first thing I do in the morning. Following weather, especially extreme weather gets me excited.

• Like 1

That’s not how it works. ;)

Well then the ridge ahead of the following trough is stronger and the ULL is a symptom of that... so I am hoping for the ULL on Friday either way.

As I stated before, I like any form of extreme weather. Along with snow and ice storms. I'd also root for a 1996 flooding repeat, another Columbus day storm. I know we don't get it here but bring a F5 tornado. Let us experience golf ball sized hail. I'm a weather fanatic and I can't stop thinking about weather. My passion grows each year. Normally I don't post during the summer but I love weather too much. The last thing I do before going to sleep is look at the models and that's also the first thing I do in the morning. Following weather, especially extreme weather gets me excited.

If you were really into it, you would get up during the night to check out the 6z.

It’s canada. They play outdoors in the prairies. Football in January in Winnipeg, Regina and Edmonton would be silly. The season wraps up in November for a reason.

Why do they play outside? Some of the colder NFL locations in the U.S. play inside, which makes winter football very manageable (Detroit, Minneapolis).

I'm guessing not competing with the NFL directly has something to do with when the season runs as well.

A forum for the end of the world.

Why do they play outside? Some of the colder NFL locations in the U.S. play inside, which makes winter football very manageable (Detroit, Minneapolis).

I'm guessing not competing with the NFL directly has something to do with when the season runs as well.

I would assume not competing with the NFL is a major consideration. Ironically, The BC lions play in a dome. I guess people really don’t like rain after all.

The western WA and OR marine influence is really interesting. It frequently shows up in the 850mb anomaly map but this does not seem to ever happen to the north in BC or to the south in CA. I have never understood this phenomenon.

This is next Saturday. This is actually not a marine layer day on the surface map... it shows some morning clouds and full sun by afternoon and pleasantly warm in the 70s to low 80s.

Why would a typical summer day like this be shown as a warm 850mb anomaly just off the WA coast and not warm in the interior? Is the marine layer more shallow out there?

ecmwf_T850a_namer_8.png

there comes a point where it can be to much to enjoy if it's exstrem heat or cold it's not going to be enjoyable for most folks because it would just be eather to hot or cold even for the most exstrem weather fans.to much of anything is never a good thing.

One of the stronger troughing signals you’ll see on the long range 12z EPS. That’s -5.8C @ D14..you rarely see those green contours outside the Baffin Bay/Greenland area nowadays.

CXRsZky.png

The 00Z EPS was much weaker with the troughing signal in the 10-15 day period.    The 06Z GFS was also pretty weak as well. 

eps_t850a_5d_noram_61.png