June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

As long as you are making that fact clear to people on this forum.

As long as some idiot on the East Coast tells us how terrible these warm days are... while everyone here seems to be loving it. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I picture Phil sitting in the back of the boat tonight sulking with 6 kids having an awesome time on the water. Telling them it would be much better if it was drizzling and 60 degrees instead of a spectacular 85-degree sunny evening. I doubt they would agree. They are too busy making summer memories. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Tim's posts are making me angry. I am realizing I never got to fully enjoy/utilize my white privilege. If only my father had bought me a boat!

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I picture Phil sitting in the back of the boat tonight sulking with 6 kids having an awesome time on the water. Telling them it would be much better if it was drizzling and 60 degrees instead of a spectacular 85-degree sunny evening. I doubt they would agree. They are too busy making summer memories. :)

Phil should not be boating with teenagers.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Tim's posts are making me angry. I am realizing I never got to fully enjoy/utilize my white privilege. If only my father had bought me a boat!

They also hiked to Snow Lake today in the hot sun... that was free! And our boat is nothing special. But it gets you out on the water. I am sure your car is worth more. It did cost them $7 to launch the boat though. :)

They also hiked to Snow Lake today in the hot sun... that was free! And our boat is nothing special. But it gets you out on the water. I am sure your car is worth more. It did cost them $7 to launch the boat though. :)

Would the boat stand up to one of our famously lethal marine pushes?

They also hiked to Snow Lake today in the hot sun. And our boat is nothing special. But it gets you out on the water. I am sure your car is worth more.

My boat is 32yrs old, and the family lake House was bought in 1958 for $3,000. My dad got to enjoy the lake as a kid, I got to enjoy the lake as a kid, and now my kid is enjoying the very same piece of heaven. Amazing memories being made every summer for the last 60yrs...so horrible. Im ashamed to even have stepped foot in the lake. How dare we enjoy the water with our family on sunny warm days. Just awful.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Phil should not be boating with teenagers.

I’m the worst influence imaginable. One evening with me would probably throw you into a mid-life crisis.

I’m the worst influence imaginable. One evening with me would throw you into a mid-life crisis.

Particularly if you were yelling at them for enjoying summer and telling them it should be cold and drizzling.    ;)

Particularly if you were yelling at them for enjoying summer and telling them it should be cold and drizzling. ;)

:lol:

00z GFS has some kind of onshore push Friday. Highs in the 60s regionwide on the Hi-res version.

Yeah... its this little system which becomes a ULL to our east.    And we might get a well-timed short rebound for the weekend.

gfs_z500a_namer_17.png

00z GFS has some kind of onshore push Friday. Highs in the 60s regionwide on the Hi-res version.

You're catching on!

Tomorrow we'll talk about what those blue H's and red L's mean. It can get a little tricky.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

This place is on fire tonight.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

You're catching on!

Tomorrow we'll talk about what those blue H's and red L's mean. It can get a little tricky.

Why are the L’s red and the H’s blue? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? ;)

• Like 1

Why are the L’s red and the H’s blue? Shouldn’t it be the other way around? ;)

L's mean warm southerly flow and H's mean cold inversions.   Very simple!  

My station at home topped out at 93F today. Pretty legitimate chance today could end up the hottest of the summer here.

2014 - 93F

2015 - 94F

2016 - 94F

2017 - 93F

2018 - 93F so far

That 93-94 range is a tough one to crack around here.

How unusual is it for you to get into that range five summers in a row?

Meanwhile, in NE Canada, the vortex continues to smash winter records...on the summer solstice.

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/labrador-canada-hasnt-seen-this-much-snow-in-june-in-50-years

That's impressive. On the same page, I noticed a link to this insane video...never seen a porta-potty go airborne like this before!  :lol:

https://weather.com/news/weather/video/its-about-to-hit-the-wind

Happened here in CO recently, apparently.

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

That's impressive. On the same page, I noticed a link to this insane video...never seen a porta-potty go airborne like this before! :lol:

Lol. Hopefully nobody was inside it when that happened.

Our production manager wasn’t so lucky a few years ago. The outhouse got rolled by a cold front and..well..let’s just say he didn’t ride back to headquarters with us. :lol:

• Like 1

That's impressive. On the same page, I noticed a link to this insane video...never seen a porta-potty go airborne like this before!  :lol:

That is crazy... and it was perfectly sunny when it happened.