June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

02 Jetta tdi 270k, 06 pathfinder 130k, 07 highlander 120k

Some high mileage vehicles there!  

Same here... all 4 cars in the family have more than 100K miles.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I wouldn't mind getting in on a little bit of that action, wonder how far north that could get?

Might have to take a drive south.

Looks like Chehalis to OLM or so is probably as far north as the action might get though it always seems to be a crapshoot when it comes to modeling exactly where these things pop up. 

South WA to Central OR Cascades should be ideal locations for the more severe stuff. 

• Like 1

This would be a more classic SSE flow off of the Cascades ahead of a marine push type event. Sunday’s setup was unusual in a lot of ways. I’m still sad I missed it.

Saturday was quite dissapointing because the heaviest rain went just to the west of me, leaving me with just 0.01". Sunday I didn't get totally dodged by the heavy rain and got 0.15" out of it, but I'm not gonna complain with all that convection!
  • Like 1

Sunday was quite dissapointing because the heaviest rain went just to the west of me, leaving me with just 0.01". Yesterday I didn't get totally dodged by the heavy rain and got 0.15" out of it, but I'm not gonna complain with all that convection!

I think you are getting Sunday confused with Saturday. There wasn’t any convection yesterday, and Sunday was the big event.

No one has a new car once they drive it off the lot...HOW OLD ARE THEY AND HOW MANY MILES???

Right -

Never bought a "new" car either. Lowest mileage was a Blazer at 33k miles. My current Subaru outback has almost 130k miles and has had very few issues being a 2010.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

I've been doing enough monotonous work the last few days that they kind of blend together for me too.

My memory is just not very good in the short term. I actually think I remember better when I'm busy because I can connect things that happened that day to what I did earlier.

Right -

Never bought a "new" car either. Lowest mileage was a Blazer at 33k miles. My current Subaru outback has almost 130k miles and has had very few issues being a 2010.

I drive a '91 Corolla with 475k on it. Never had to fix anything on it, never done an oil change.

A forum for the end of the world.

Right -

I have bought 3 brand new cars over time...that new car smell is almost worth the depreciationfest! Been a long time since I bought new though...that was pre owning a house!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

There are a few people on here who hate anyone who finds ways to really enjoy our short window of true summer warmth.

Yeah it’s just truly awful wanting some nice weather during our very short window.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

What if both of our vehicles have less than 30k?

Is that ok as long as I like cold weather?

No. Can only be a Subaru’s with 580,000 miles on each. And it’s not good enough to just like cold weather, you must also love 52 degree drizzle for the months of May through September!

We have had very long warm seasons lately. Even this year summer basically started in early May.

Not so much in the majority of Western Washington.

June is the 4th warmest month of the year here. For PDX to get into the 90s for 3 out of 4 consecutive days is impressive in June. To do it even before the summer solstice is especially very impressive.

Mark Nelson is going with 87 tomorrow. Two out of four days in the low 90s is pretty run of the mill for June.

816724D9-6810-49F6-AFEA-4F88782A7C38.jpeg

Up to 95

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

No. Can only be a Subaru’s with 580,000 miles on each. And it’s not good enough to just like cold weather, you must also love 52 degree drizzle for the months of May through September!

My wife had a Subaru in college?

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.