July 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Yeah, my company is going to pay for relocation. Should be out there by end of August.

In that case..epic east coast winter in the pipeline. :D

Complaining is the true life blood of this community.

True. There are the primary complainers (ie Tim), the secondary complainers who complain about the primary complainers (ie me), and the tertiary complainers who complain about the people who complain about the primary complainers (ie you).

• Like 1

True. There are the primary complainers (ie Tim), the secondary complainers who complain about the primary complainers (ie me), and the tertiary complainers who complain about the people who complain about the primary complainers (ie you).

Your making this 2 ez.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Gonna be a scorcher in Grants Pass tomorrow. I'll be on the Rogue River.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Toasty last couple days here. Woke up this morning to very active looking skies a bit after 6am. There is a storm approaching the border right now on radar. 

Would go nice with my cup of coffee.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Here's an article that ought to get Phil's blood boiling (sort of O/T, but I'm posting it here because this is the only sub-forum that gets any traffic these days):

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=6d2c382c-1351-4ab4-aad9-9eb982c91877

The thing is, what if they're right and Phil et al are wrong?

I have a feeling Cliff Mass would also scoff at that. He doesn't deny climate change but he is also cautions against tying extreme events to it.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

12Z GFS barely dents the ridge with the BC trough later this coming week. Good enough for some morning low clouds Wed-Fri though.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Here's an article that ought to get Phil's blood boiling (sort of O/T, but I'm posting it here because this is the only sub-forum that gets any traffic these days):

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/infinity/article_share.aspx?guid=6d2c382c-1351-4ab4-aad9-9eb982c91877

The thing is, what if they're right and Phil et al are wrong?

FWIW, that’s an opinion article by a “professor of environmental politics” at UC Santa Barbara. So consider the source. ;) (And the non peer-reviewed format).

It’s generally best to avoid obtaining climate change information/projections from internet blogs and news media websites. That includes any claims as to “consensus” or “what scientists say” unless the sources themselves are scientists and are demonstrably objective.

Climate science in particular is so politically poisoned now that you have to take extra precautions to make sure the information you're getting isn’t tainted (in either direction). And the vast majority of said information in the public domain is, unfortunately, tainted.

Saw some scenes from Helsinki Finland on the news... looks warm.   I see it was 85 there today.    Normal high in July is only 70.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

PDX’s low of 66 this morning set a new record MAX/MIN. Previous was 65 set during the infamous July 1941 heatwave. They would go on to set minimums of 70 and 74 (the all time record warm min) the next two nights.

Breaking the 7/15/41 record means that all record MAX/MINS between 7/13 and 7/30 are now higher than 65 degrees.

12Z ECMWF is way more robust with the trough by Friday.

And the initial marine push and cool down in place by Wednesday morning as previous run have shown.

ecmwf_z500a_us_6.png

Trough is still over us on Saturday as well per the 12Z ECMWF.

Phil is going to have his dream weather for his entire time in the Seattle area and then head to much colder weather when it starts heating up here again. :)

Trough is still over us on Saturday as well per the 12Z ECMWF.

Phil is going to have his dream weather for his entire time in the Seattle area and then head to much colder weather when it starts heating up here again. :)

00Z Euro wanted to get us hot again in the 8-10 day range, but the EPS disagreed.

Kind of an odd pattern a week from now. This upper level pattern translates to near 100 at PDX yet only low to mid 70's here. At first glance you would think Bozeman would be a lot hotter with that strong of a four corners high and PDX cooler with flatter ridging. The result is another very strong thermal gradient for you guys and another Canadian clipper here.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_9.png

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Kind of an odd pattern a week from now. This upper level pattern translates to near 100 at PDX yet only low to mid 70's here. At first glance you would think Bozeman would be a lot hotter with that strong of a four corners high and PDX cooler with flatter ridging. The result is another very strong thermal gradient for you guys and another Canadian clipper here.

That is day 8. Hopefully it can work out to where you guys roast while we stay nice and cool.

That is day 8. Hopefully it can work out to where you guys roast while we stay nice and cool.

Hopefully!!!

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

One nice thing about summer arriving in April this year, is that I haven’t seen a single slug in the vegetable garden.

82F here currently.

Weird post. I'd been told this year has been VERY wet, dreary and cool north of Seattle. Apparently they're still waiting for summer in parts of Snohomish County, and everyone has bumper stickers that say Pray For Drought.

A forum for the end of the world.