Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

3 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

So apparently if you want a 'get out of jail free' card, you just have to pretend that you are an old man with dementia. Or maybe you don't have to pretend...

Oh, that ship sailed a long, long time ago.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19900223&slug=1057639

It's called clown range for a reason.

While Trump's and Biden's cases may not be an apple-to-apples comparison, it's this type of shit that just feeds the narrative that Trump is a victim with the entire governmental body out to get him while Biden skates through with no consequences because he's well-connected and losing his f*cking mind. It's this type of shit that makes people believe there is a two-tiered justice system in this country. It's this type of shit that makes people lose confidence in our government and the ability to have any sort of accountability for the snakes within it. Very frustrating. 

• Like 2

Here is the Special Counsel’s report on Biden’s mishandling of classified documents:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/documents/84519e20-057e-4968-8dd1-e373df9e465e.pdf

Alternate source, in case the above fails:

https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/static/2024/02/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

It goes into the reasons for not charging Biden (and, in passing for charging Trump). I suspect that will be lost on many individuals, though. It will almost certainly end up blurring the lines between the two.

3 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

While Trump's and Biden's cases may not be an apple-to-apples comparison, it's this type of that just feeds the narrative that Trump is a victim with the entire governmental body out to get him while Biden skates through with no consequences because he's well-connected and losing his f*cking mind. It's this type of that makes people believe there is a two-tiered justice system in this country. It's this type of that makes people lose confidence in our government and the ability to have any sort of accountability for the snakes within it. Very frustrating. 

You believe there's a 2 tiered justice system and billionaire trump is.....on the bottom tier?

• lol 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

While Trump's and Biden's cases may not be an apple-to-apples comparison, it's this type of that just feeds the narrative that Trump is a victim with the entire governmental body out to get him while Biden skates through with no consequences because he's well-connected and losing his f*cking mind. It's this type of that makes people believe there is a two-tiered justice system in this country. It's this type of that makes people lose confidence in our government and the ability to have any sort of accountability for the snakes within it. Very frustrating. 

Makes people believe?  One has to have their head in the sand to not believe.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Makes people believe?  One has to have their head in the sand to not believe.

re-read what he wrote.  He's mixing the common saying (that is true) with Trump somehow being a victim of that same system. 

Utter nonsense. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

re-read what he wrote.  He's mixing the common saying (that is true) with Trump somehow being a victim of that same system. 

Utter nonsense. 

I know what he wrote.  I'm just having fun with the bolded part.

If you take the insurrection and election meddling part out of the equation*, Trump is no worse of a criminal than lots of other people in Washington.  Illegal crap happens all the time.  He's just so stupid that he and his idiot cronies get busted.

*To me, that is the legal argument that Trump should fry for, because those are some dangerous flames to be stoking.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

At least Donnie boy is finally admitting it was in fact an insurrection.  Link goes straight to the part where he admits this so that you hopefully won't lose too many brain cells listening to him...  If it doesn't you can skip to 7:55.  And it's worth mentioning that after he says it, his attempt to deflect the blame is pointed to the right person this time. 

During his speech to convince the American people of his mental acuity, Biden claims the president of Egypt is actually the president of Mexico. 

It's almost like a SNL skit at this point. Mitterrand, Helmut Kohl, now El-Sisi. All in the same week a report comes out from his own DOJ questioning his basic memory skills. It'd be funny if it wasn't so incredibly infuriating that we have to choose between him or Trump. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

At least Donnie boy is finally admitting it was in fact an insurrection.  Link goes straight to the part where he admits this so that you hopefully won't lose too many brain cells listening to him...  If it doesn't you can skip to 7:55.  And it's worth mentioning that after he says it, his attempt to deflect the blame is pointed to the right person this time. 

"Beautiful statements" 🤮 

Boy did the GOP hitch their wagon to a horse full of $hit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

During his speech to convince the American people of his mental acuity, Biden claims the president of Egypt is actually the president of Mexico. 

It's almost like a SNL skit at this point. Mitterrand, Helmut Kohl, now El-Sisi. All in the same week a report comes out from his own DOJ questioning his basic memory skills. It'd be funny if it wasn't so incredibly infuriating that we have to choose between him or Trump. 

This could affect the nomination. I’m sure there’s some panic in conference.  
He’s been failing right in front of us and someone with sense needs to speak up on the Left.  
Meantime, who’s “driving the bus”?

PS. One word why he stays - Kamala.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I am now starting to see unhinged comments claiming that Musk works for Putin, but where is the proof of that??

So basically, if you are part of the right wing and you work on the media, you work for or support Putin?

• Weenie 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I am now starting to see unhinged comments claiming that Musk works for Putin, but where is the proof of that??

So basically, if you are part of the right wing and you work on the media, you work for or support Putin?

Doesn't that tell you should probably be paying less attention to comments and more to what is happening in real life?

Putin praised Elon.  This is a fact.  Why do YOU think he did that?   Is it cause he's rich?  Doubtful cause there are plenty of other rich Americans who don't get putins praise.

My best guess is he knows Elon is a very hot/cold person in America and is trying to divide us. Successfully I might add given your last post on here.

Basically Russia's #1 troll.  And Elon might be up there with America's #1 troll, just ahead of @SilverFallsAndrew.

• Like 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Frankly I'm 80% sure you are unknowingly reading bots/Russian trolls 

I worry for our future.

40 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Frankly I'm 80% sure you are unknowingly reading bots/Russian trolls 

I worry for our future.

There are so many of them, they are usually hard to catch until they expose themselves. 

Also, there was a confirmed case where Musk fell for the Russian Propaganda trap, which is sadly not surprising.
Russian Propaganda Fooled Elon Musk, Just Like It Fooled Many Others (newsweek.com)

32 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

There are so many of them, they are usually hard to catch until they expose themselves. 

Also, there was a confirmed case where Musk fell for the Russian Propaganda trap, which is sadly not surprising.
Russian Propaganda Fooled Elon Musk, Just Like It Fooled Many Others (newsweek.com)

Some people are just more gullible than others.

Just a reminder that in recent months Trump has:

• Said the Prime Minister of Hungary is the leader of Turkey,
  • Confused Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi multiple times,
  • Said Jeb Bush sent US troops into the Middle East,
  • Said he was running against Barack Obama for the presidency.

43 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Good Lord...

Democrats yesterday: "Biden is fine! His mental acuity is just something the right-wing is trying to use against him! Don't listen to them!"

Democrats today: "OK yeah sure Biden might not be all the way there, BUT WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?!?!?!?"

What are ya'll going to do when Trump is eventually not the head of the GOP and you can't constantly use whataboutism against us? Ya'll going to actually be accountable for your own party's shortcomings? Oh, who am I kidding, that'll never happen. 

49 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Good Lord...

Democrats yesterday: "Biden is fine! His mental acuity is just something the right-wing is trying to use against him! Don't listen to them!"

Democrats today: "OK yeah sure Biden might not be all the way there, BUT WHAT ABOUT TRUMP?!?!?!?"

What are ya'll going to do when Trump is eventually not the head of the GOP and you can't constantly use whataboutism against us? Ya'll going to actually be accountable for your own party's shortcomings? Oh, who am I kidding, that'll never happen. 

I have said more than once here that I wish Biden had lived up to his initial stated plans, not run for re-election, and let someone new have a chance at it.

What should be and what actually are, are two different things. It is going to be Biden versus Trump again. Not Haley versus Whitmer or any other candidate pair. Sorry.

Here's another good one that I've seen...

Democrats yesterday: "Trump claiming that prosecutors are out to get him because they are Democrats is so wrong! How dare he endanger our democracy and cause faith to be loss in the justice system!"

Democrats today: "OK well this special counsel is just a right-wing MAGA loyalist who is trying to make Biden look bad! You can't believe what he says!"

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. The hypocrisy is astounding. 

38 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Democrats yesterday: "Trump claiming that prosecutors are out to get him because they are Democrats is so wrong! How dare he endanger our democracy and cause faith to be loss in the justice system!"

Democrats today: "OK well this special counsel is just a right-wing MAGA loyalist who is trying to make Biden look bad! You can't believe what he says!"

You still have that surprised tone in your typing. 🤔

• Like 1

Republicans yesterday: that the special counsel decided not to charge Biden just goes to show how the deep state is out to get our Dear Leader and protect Sleepy Joe.

Republicans today: the special counsel leans right politically? Just goes to show he’s a useless RINO.

I’m growing weary of ALL of the Kabuki Theater.  
Lots of dancing to funny music and no real plot.  I’m waiting for this performance to gel done but it’s very tiresome.  
In much need of some Saki reinforcements.   

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

It’s great to see them getting along! There is hope yet for Jesse and Tim to bury the hatchet and get along as well! 🥰

IMG_2622.jpeg

• lol 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Always with them.  They always accuse conservatives of what they are actually doing.  People are finally catching on.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

16 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Good Lord...

I think what's notable is how there are particular places, like this forum, who like to point out the mental flops of only 1 particular candidate.  Age of our leaders is a problem for both sides.  This is what polls showed, despite your post.

Fortunately, time will fix this particular problem.

I like to think that when I'm old, I'll want younger generations leading the country.

18 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Now do that on how many times Biden gaffed

14 hours ago, MossMan said:

It’s great to see them getting along! There is hope yet for Jesse and Tim to bury the hatchet and get along as well! 🥰

IMG_2622.jpeg

AI Generated images

• Sun 1

Just got my Washington primary ballot in the mail today. Planning to fill it out for Haley.

1. Biden is going to win the (D) nomination anyhow.
  2. I really don't feel enthusiastic about any of the 3 (D)'s on the ballot. Too old, too both-sides-ist, too nutty. What "great" choices.
  3. Because the USA and the world will be more improved by changing the Republican nominee than either will by changing the Democratic one.
  4. Because I can; Washington does not have partisan voter registration.
  5. Because I plan to honor the affidavit and only participate in the presidential primary as a Republican, and not participate in any other party's primary process.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Doesn't that tell you should probably be paying less attention to comments and more to what is happening in real life?

Putin praised Elon.  This is a fact.  Why do YOU think he did that?   Is it cause he's rich?  Doubtful cause there are plenty of other rich Americans who don't get putins praise.

My best guess is he knows Elon is a very hot/cold person in America and is trying to divide us. Successfully I might add given your last post on here.

Basically Russia's #1 troll.  And Elon might be up there with America's #1 troll, just ahead of @SilverFallsAndrew.

Juxtapose Putin's mental acuity with Biden's. We've been told for the past two years that Putin is a hardly functional madman. Our media just doesn't understand their history.  

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

41 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Juxtapose Putin's mental acuity with Biden's. We've been told for the past two years that Putin is a hardly functional madman. Our media just doesn't understand their history.  

Huh?

Our media speculated on putin's general health.   It's well documented that he became a recluse during COVID.  I would bet any reputable reporter talking about Russia knows a helluva lot more than you do on Russian history.

And why should we be juxtaposing him and Biden anyway?  Did you say the quiet part out loud and we're actually going to be voting between Putin and Biden?

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I think what's notable is how there are particular places, like this forum, who like to point out the mental flops of only 1 particular candidate.  Age of our leaders is a problem for both sides.  This is what polls showed, despite your post.

Fortunately, time will fix this particular problem.

I like to think that when I'm old, I'll want younger generations leading the country.

I just posted not too long ago about Trump's mental flops so not sure what this is about. I've called out both of them. But I would say, and if you believe polls 77% of Americans would agree, that Biden is much worse off than Trump in that regard. So this whole "but what about Trump?!" line of defense doesn't really seem to be working.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:12 PM, hawkstwelve said:

Just so we are all on the same page. Trump has recently said...

- Biden would start WW2

- He was leading Obama in election polls

- Haley blocked the security in the Capitol on J6

- Confused the leaders of Hungary and Turkey

Not equating Biden with Trump as I don't think they are in the same league. But think of where Biden was just a few short years ago (very similar to the above, which people just wrote off as 'Biden gaffes') and where he is now. There is no reason to think Trump wouldn't follow the same path. It's kind of what happens when you get old.

And therein lies the point: Are two 80+ year olds who are riddled with investigations and are both showing mental decline to varying degrees really the best that America has to offer? Really? 

Tomorrow NH has a chance, however small that may be, to put an end to this freaking madness and choose a more sane approach. I sure hope they make the right decision.

19 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

I just posted not too long ago about Trump's mental flops so not sure what this is about. I've called out both of them. But I would say, and if you believe polls 77% of Americans would agree, that Biden is much worse off than Trump in that regard. So this whole "but what about Trump?!" line of defense doesn't really seem to be working.

The issue here is that MAGAs have more than proven they are willing to overlook ANY mental ethical or moral deficiencies of their orange god, and I would venture to guess that many conservatives who do not fall under the extreme MAGA umbrella would have rose colored glasses when it comes to Trump and is gaffs (vs. Biden and his gaffs).

And keeping it balanced, there are definitely liberals who have rose colored glasses on when it comes to Biden's gaffs.

They are both too f*cking old and senile, and neither should be running.  Biden is far from perfect, but I would take him any day of the week over Trump.  If it were Biden vs. a more traditional/rational republican, who was anti- MAGA Christian Nationalist BS, I could easily see myself voting for them, but sadly such a unicorn does not exist.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

I blame the Democratic Party establishment.

They are not very good at this whole politics game. They once were, but I was a little kid then. They have been playing a loser's strategy since before I became old enough to vote.

The politically effective way to respond to an attack is to counter with an attack of one's own. No, this doesn't make for the highest and best political rhetoric, but the highest and best rhetoric is not what wins elections. Elections must be won with the voters that actually exist, not the voters that one might wish existed.

The voters that actually exist respond better to pivot-and-attack than they do to logically answering the attack, no matter how logical a refutation exists. Yet the Democrats persist in trying to answer the Republicans' charges. Which just ends up letting the Republicans frame the general parameters of the debate. That's great campaign strategy… for helping the Republicans win.

• Like 1