Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

3 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Even Tucker Carlson knows that Invasion was stupid and unjustified

If only he had the courage to say something like that in front of putin's face.  He's a chicken $hit that is terrible at his supposed job.

• Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Someone's beautiful daughter is DEAD because we have an administration that insists on importing the worst the 3rd world has to offer and all some of you people want to do is talk about Lauren Boebert's ADULT son. SHAME ON YOU!

https://nypost.com/2024/02/28/opinion/laken-rileys-blood-is-on-joe-bidens-hands-as-migrant-crime-rises/

What happened to that young woman in Georgia is absolutely awful, I used to walk around that very lake with my girlfriend in the mornings after I got off work and before she went to class, it was such a beautiful peaceful place and I hate it that she met such a tragic end there.

But this post......

jesuseyeroll.jpg.eab4eee9526c3c35c4bb22a8a203f8a2.jpg

How cute, look at you clenching your little fists and stomping your little feet like a good little MAGA sheep. 

Your virtue signalling is top tier!

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif.aee2c10629bd082873515ee8c31d227a.gif

Thankfully, Republicans took care of the problem with their recently passed bipartisan border bill.....oh wait....well it was bipartisan, and it was all but passed until the mango menace realized that if they did something that attempted to improve the border situation,  he/they would lose a major campaign talking point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Like it or not, politics is all about exploiting current events for political gain. I am shocked, shocked to hear about a politician playing politics.

Of course, but calling people who immigrate here illegally "newcomers" is the zenith of PC garbage.

I have the utmost sympathy for illegal immigrants who come here to make a better life.  Hell, I would take most of them over most loudmouthed, entitled Americans, but we cannot and should not normalize people coming here illegally with words like that. 

It it a total cynical play by the left to pander for left votes, but there are lots of immigrants who are here legally who are not terribly fond of people who jump the line while they waited years to do it the right way.  Going too far down that path of open arms for all will have blowback in the minority communities, and the DNC will either lose votes outright or have people in those communities abstain from voting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Andie said:

Do they produce any legal documentation from US Immigration which is standard?   
Also, as Venezuela emptied its prisons these people are changing their names as they cross.  Their histories are washed clean. 
Some will reoffend and be found out but a lot will melt into society, new IDs.  
This hasn’t shaken out yet. It will take a year or more at least. 
Once Biden is gone things will come more to light.  

So, no evidence?

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

8 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Next you'll tell us that water is wet.

I am not falling for this one, I know it's a trap that you have set

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

10 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

What happened to that young woman in Georgia is absolutely awful, I used to walk around that very lake with my girlfriend in the mornings after I got off work and before she went to class, it was such a beautiful peaceful place and I hate it that she met such a tragic end there.

But this post......

jesuseyeroll.jpg.eab4eee9526c3c35c4bb22a8a203f8a2.jpg

How cute, look at you clenching your little fists and stomping your little feet like a good little MAGA sheep. 

Your virtue signalling is top tier!

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif.aee2c10629bd082873515ee8c31d227a.gif

Thankfully, Republicans took care of the problem with their recently passed bipartisan border bill.....oh wait....well it was bipartisan, and it was all but passed until the mango menace realized that if they did something that attempted to improve the border situation,  he/they would lose a major campaign talking point. 

Someone tried to sneak in that Texas is powerless against the Migrants.

It's not a Bipartisan bill if Biden and the Feds benefit more

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Someone tried to sneak in that Texas is powerless against the Migrants.

It's not a Bipartisan bill if Biden and the Feds benefit more

And that statement right there perfectly illustrates one of the main problems with the Republican parties.  Does it benefit the country?  Yes?  That should be all that matters...  Did you see Democrats pitching a fit and wholesale blocking of any of Trump's Covid relief packages?  Because Trump sure as hell benefited from that.  Hell that first check I got had "his signature" on it.  The other stimulus payments were direct deposited, so I have no idea if they had his signature on it.

Not quite sure what you meant by "the Feds" benefiting more...."The Feds" should in theory be non-partisan (which would definitely no longer be the case if Project 2025 gets their way), and since border security falls under the responsibility of "the Feds" I suppose it would make sense that they would benefit from a border security bill.  Am I missing something?

We are never going to get a "perfect" border bill.  We are never going to get any perfect piece of major legislation for that matter....All we can hope for is to take steps in the right direction, and this bill did that.  It didn't solve ALL of the problems, and I don't think anyone ever claimed it would.

The tell tale sign of a successful negotiation/compromise is a mutual agreement where both parties are disappointed with the outcome because neither party gets everything they want.  That appeared to be the case with the border bill before Trump and his merry band of idiots reared their ugly heads.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

And that statement right there perfectly illustrates one of the main problems with the Republican parties.  Does it benefit the country?  Yes?  That should be all that matters...  Did you see Democrats pitching a fit and wholesale blocking of any of Trump's Covid relief packages?  Because Trump sure as hell benefited from that.  Hell that first check I got had "his signature" on it.  The other stimulus payments were direct deposited, so I have no idea if they had his signature on it.

Not quite sure what you meant by "the Feds" benefiting more...."The Feds" should in theory be non-partisan (which would definitely no longer be the case if Project 2025 gets their way), and since border security falls under the responsibility of "the Feds" I suppose it would make sense that they would benefit from a border security bill.  Am I missing something?

We are never going to get a "perfect" border bill.  We are never going to get any perfect piece of major legislation for that matter....All we can hope for is to take steps in the right direction, and this bill did that.  It didn't solve ALL of the problems, and I don't think anyone ever claimed it would.

The tell tale sign of a successful negotiation/compromise is a mutual agreement where both parties are disappointed with the outcome because neither party gets everything they want.  That appeared to be the case with the border bill before Trump and his merry band of idiots reared their ugly heads.

You give me hope that smarter heads will prevail.

• Like 1

I’ve always maintained that until some Senator or Representative losses a family member due to a criminal having crossed into the country, nothing (or precious little) will be done.  
These people despise us.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

9 minutes ago, Andie said:

I’ve always maintained that until some Senator or Representative losses a family member due to a criminal having crossed into the country, nothing (or precious little) will be done.  
These people despise us.  

Yes, I risk mine and my family's life to travel thousands of miles to a foreign country that I hate.  That makes a lot of sense.

Disgusting comment with no evidence to back it up. Classic 2024 Republican.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

(Once again, I made a mistake on my wording)
I meant to say "Federal Government" instead of "Feds"

15 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

(Once again, I made a mistake on my wording)
I meant to say "Federal Government" instead of "Feds"

Those two terms are synonymous.  "Fed" is slang for "Federal Government" or sometimes the "FBI".

Chewy's point remains though.  The border bill was pretty much bipartisan until Trump torpedoed it.  And since the GOP has no balls, it went out the window.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Yes, I risk mine and my family's life to travel thousands of miles to a foreign country that I hate.  That makes a lot of sense.

Disgusting comment with no evidence to back it up. Classic 2024 Republican.

I grew up with migrants.  Many are good people but there is an element of very ugly individuals.  
My husband’s family is Hispanic, so I’m well aware of the good. My grandchildren are part Hispanic.  
So don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

I’ve seen remarkable people in that community but I’ve witnessed evil too. I grew up with gunfire from the gangs at night and I have relatives that live in Mexico. I also have a Hispanic nun and priest in the family.
So I still say, some of these people hate us and they are very dangerous.  

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

56 minutes ago, Andie said:

I grew up with migrants.  Many are good people but there is an element of very ugly individuals.  
My husband’s family is Hispanic, so I’m well aware of the good. My grandchildren are part Hispanic.  
So don’t tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. 

I’ve seen remarkable people in that community but I’ve witnessed evil too. I grew up with gunfire from the gangs at night and I have relatives that live in Mexico. I also have a Hispanic nun and priest in the family.
So I still say, some of these people hate us and they are very dangerous.  

I read your statement as the politicians being the ones who despise us.

I say split the difference:  Most politicians do not care at all about their constituents, and a small percentage of people crossing the border are criminals who need to rot in jail. 

Conversely, some politicians truly are trying to make a positive difference but they either burn out, don't get far, or join the dark side before long, and most people crossing the border are good, hardworking people who are escaping hell.

I’ll give you this Snarky.  I have 2 uncles that were Mayors of Nogales.  One uncle lost his eldest son to cartel brutality. Broke his legs, shot him in back of his head.  Police ruled it a suicide. They killed him and his g/f.  
The police write it usp as a suicide.  Really?   He shot him self in the back of the head and broke both of his legs. Common cartel murder. 
His g/f was murdered and set alight on a bed by a welding torch.  
The cartels use innocents to damage our nation and murder and intimidate his father Mayor of Nogales.. Those that stand up to them are brutally murdered and survivors terrorized.  
I’ve seen it.  
I’ve lived it. 
It’s horrific.  

That said, an open border allows this horror to enter the US.  And if you think they can’t take large swaths of this amazing nation, you’re wrong .  
Yes, good people come but the hell that follows is a horror. 

I don’t question your patriotism.  It’s just that you don’t have my experience with these people, this beautiful, yet brutal culture.  
An Irish priest in our family left his area in the NE to serve the southern Az community because it’s so seductive . We are entrenched in the strength of our Mex/Am familia.  
I am Swiss by descendant. I love Switzerland.  My father spoke German. But I love my Mex/Am ‘roots’ too.  I am an artist as well as a chem-engineer and I love both.  
When they bury me I want a mariachi band to serenade me and my family. It’s tradition in my husband’s family. But I reserve the right to be critical.  I think I’ve earned it. And there is much that needs correction. 
It’s not complicated as far as who we are in Texas.  There’s trouble coming.

• Like 1

Europe is dealing with its own migrant crisis.  Putin is shifting the dominoes on the table.  

Interesting read. Worth your time.  
It gave me additional perspective.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/revealed-putin-weaponising-migration-destabilise-213000105.html

Brutal poll for Biden and the Democrats.

- Trump beats Biden nationally by 5 points (Haley beats him by 10 points)

- Only 24% believe the country is on the right track

- Only 23% of Democrat primary voters said they would be "enthusiastic" if Biden was the nominee, compared to 48% for Trump among Republican primary voters

- 47% "strongly disapprove" of Biden's job performance, including 44% for Independents 

- More than twice as many voters believe Biden's policies have personally hurt them (43%) than helped them (18%); 40% believe Trump's policies personally helped them

- Almost 75% believe the economy is either "only fair" or "poor"

- Trump retains 97% of support from voters who supported him in 2020, compared to Biden who retains only 83% with 10% saying they are switching to Trump this cycle

- Biden won 72% of the nonwhite working class in 2020. His support with this group now stands at 47% with 41% now going for Trump

- 32% of Democrats said they were either angry or dissatisfied with Biden being the leader of the party compared to 18% for Trump among Republicans 

https://dnyuz.com/2024/03/02/voters-doubt-bidens-leadership-and-favor-trump-times-siena-poll-finds/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/02/us/elections/times-siena-poll-registered-voter-crosstabs.html

• Storm 1

It doesn’t look good, does it?  

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

- Only 23% of Democrat primary voters said they would be "enthusiastic" if Biden was the nominee, compared to 48% for Trump among Republican primary voters

- 47% "strongly disapprove" of Biden's job performance, including 44% for Independents 

- More than twice as many voters believe Biden's policies have personally hurt them (43%) than helped them (18%); 40% believe Trump's policies personally helped them

- Trump retains 97% of support from voters who supported him in 2020, compared to Biden who retains only 83% with 10% saying they are switching to Trump this cycle

- Biden won 72% of the nonwhite working class in 2020. His support with this group now stands at 47% with 41% now going for Trump

- 32% of Democrats said they were either angry or dissatisfied with Biden being the leader of the party compared to 18% for Trump among Republicans 

https://dnyuz.com/2024/03/02/voters-doubt-bidens-leadership-and-favor-trump-times-siena-poll-finds/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/02/us/elections/times-siena-poll-registered-voter-crosstabs.html

The bolded is a big problem for Biden, if it holds up.  Can't afford too many switchovers.

Also have to keep in mind that Trump can probably lose the popular vote by 2% (maybe even 3%) and still be poised to pull off a win in the electoral college.

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

Might be wishful thinking but considering that polling for trump in the primaries is overestimating his numbers, that might be the case here, too.

Either way it's disturbing when there's a "neither" option.

• lol 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

The bolded is a big problem for Biden, if it holds up.  Can't afford too many switchovers.

Also have to keep in mind that Trump can probably lose the popular vote by 2% (maybe even 3%) and still be poised to pull off a win in the electoral college.

Made a calculation on the voting switchovers based on that poll

83% of 81 million is 67.23 Million
On the flipside, 97% of 71 Million is 68.87 million

If that poll is true, there is a legitimate chance that Trump wins the popular vote as well!

• Excited 1

Wow.  
That says volumes.  

2 words…….Age limits. 

11 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Might be wishful thinking but considering that polling for trump in the primaries is overestimating his numbers, that might be the case here, too.

Either way it's disturbing when there's a "neither" option.

Trump beat Haley in Michigan by 42%, the polls had him up about 40%. Sounds like there is a lot of wishful thinking going on in this post...

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

34 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Trump beat Haley in Michigan by 42%, the polls had him up about 40%. Sounds like there is a lot of wishful thinking going on in this post...

Three Theories for Why Trump’s Primary Results Are Not Matching Expectations https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/26/upshot/trump-polling-primaries.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Z00.wQET.YyDYaLSJmGqh&smid=nytcore-android-share

• Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

You are incapable of telling the truth in this thread. It's fuc*ing annoying.

Trump was predicted to get 78.7 percent of the vote in Michigan according to 538.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-r/2024/michigan/

Screenshot_20240302-235005.thumb.png.1c6244b375b813a7291f4cee52b94918.png

He actually got 68.1%.  There's no question he's underperforming in the primary polls.  The question is why.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

3 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Trump was predicted to get 78.7 percent of the vote in Michigan according to 538.

He actually got 68.1%.  There's no question he's underperforming in the primary polls.  The question is why.

Grasping at straws? He’s facing a hysterical opponent in Haley, and she still can’t even gin up enough fear to come within 40pts in a primary that democrats aren’t voting in. Trump crushed her in the missouri and Idaho caucuses last night. He was also awarded 100% of the Michigan delegates. 

• Excited 1

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Haley is one of those who won't give up easily

5 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

It's still a blowout, just not as large as the polls expected. (And the Anti-Trumpers go ballistic on that, thinking this underperformance will allow Biden to win 2024)

Will be interesting to see what Haley does after super Tuesday.  I haven't looked into it in detail, but I don't think Trump can get enough delegates on Tuesday to officially clinch the nomination.  I don't know how the Haley people are going to be able to spin Tuesday's results... it'll be lame if they say something like "well he hasn't gotten to the magic number yet"

Looks like we have a real horse race.  

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Grasping at straws? He’s facing a hysterical opponent in Haley, and she still can’t even gin up enough fear to come within 40pts in a primary that democrats aren’t voting in. Trump crushed her in the missouri and Idaho caucuses last night. He was also awarded 100% of the Michigan delegates. 

We were talking about trump and polling. You brought up Michigan as if he over performed.  I showed you he clearly underperformed. 

You refuse to acknowledge basic facts that don't line up with your dogma.  It's really sad maga has gotten such a tight grip on your frontal cortex.

• Weenie 1