2/14-2/17 Possible Winter Storm Train

Minny_Weather

Just measured 1.5". Only going to be expecting a couple tenths more with the dry slot moving in. Congrats Omaha on making up for yesterday, but god D**n this dry slot is a kick in the nuts here. Just gotta hope we at least get SOMETHING out of Tuesday/Wednesday I guess. I don't see a 4" fluffy snowpack surviving past next weekend.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Where are the Omaha members?  It appears to be ripping over there, but the forum is quiet.

How Is this looking for eastern iowa

Still looking like 0.30-0.40" of precip over here.  That should lead to 4-6" of snow.  Radar shows the snow shield moving into Cedar Rapids now, but it's not reaching the ground quite yet.  The 00z NAMs and latest HRRR runs are a little too slow.  The NAMs are a couple hours too slow getting the snow in here.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Where are the Omaha members? It appears to be ripping over there, but the forum is quiet.

Still looking like 0.30-0.40" of precip over here. That should lead to 4-6" of snow. Radar shows the snow shield moving into Cedar Rapids now, but it's not reaching the ground quite yet. The 00z NAMs and latest HRRR runs are a little too slow. The NAMs are a couple hours too slow getting the snow in here.

Unfortunately I am out of town on the night of the best snowfall of the season in Omaha. Seeing pics online and it looks impressive

I just got back home from dinner with the wife, about 4 inches of snow on the ground in my backyard already. It was pure rippage out there on our drive back home, 1/2 to 3/4 mile visibility at best.

Back edge is rapidly approaching though. Should get at least 5-6” total before it’s all said and done. This makes up for yesterday’s dry air debacle LOL.

• Like 1

It's still not snowing here in CR.  There are bright returns over us on radar, but the wind is blowing from the east and it's not reaching the ground, yet.  Once the brighter returns get east of the city we should get something.

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

There's a report of a 3"/hr rate near Des Moines.  It's too bad this band will gradually weaken as it heads through eastern Iowa.

I posted last hour that the models were a little slow moving the snow in.  However, it's struggling to start here.   The radar returns over the last hour have failed to do anything other than drop a few flurries.

I posted last hour that the models were a little slow moving the snow in.  However, it's struggling to start here.   The radar returns over the last hour have failed to do anything other than drop a few flurries.

I noticed that as well, radar has looked good here for at least the past hour, but only light snow has been falling so far. Is this dry air that is preventing the snow from actually falling like the way it looks on radar?

I noticed that as well, radar has looked good here for at least the past hour, but only light snow has been falling so far. Is this dry air that is preventing the snow from actually falling like the way it looks on radar?

It's an east wind over here, so I'm guessing dry air is being advected in.  Radar suggests, however, that snow should fill in over the next hour.

It's snowing steadily now.  Radar shows a blob of bright green and yellow moving in so it should become heavy shortly.

You caught up to here! We're at 4" depth now.

Yeah but we had about 5 inches on the ground before today lol. But yeah between 4-5 here too eastern Omaha. Probably get another inch. Picking back up again

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Yeah but we had about 5 inches on the ground before today lol. But yeah between 4-5 here too eastern Omaha. Probably get another inch. Picking back up again

Really? Thought you had brown grass like we did till Friday.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Snowing heavily here. Good sized flakes. Really coming down.

Radar says heavy to very heavy snow here, but I'm still only seeing moderate with small to medium flakes.

FWIW- this storm is over achieving on model forecasted QPF big time. .40" (recent euro was .24:)  6 hours at midnight at KDSM ( actually happened in 3 hours) -- and allready .05 at 00:41-- (forecast is for .10" for six hours ending at 6am) -- this has potential for 1 foot of snow -- easily...

• Like 2

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.