July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

There’s that too. I just don’t get how you can “switch” your innate desires like that.

Either you like it or you don’t. Simple as that.

Seems pretty black and white coming from someone who claims to be open minded. ;)

That’s the point, I don’t switch. I’d love thunderstorms or snow anytime of year, because I enjoy both. Likewise, I hate heat/humidity, and hate it at all times.

Omegaraptor is the complete opposite.

Good Lord.

Timing is a factor with most everything in life. People enjoy certain things at certain times and not at other times.

I like a good IPA... but not at 8 a.m. in the morning. I like to eat breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening and not reverse. I like snow for Christmas... but not for Easter.

There is a proper time for most things. Pretty simple human observation. :rolleyes:

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Seems pretty black and white coming from someone who claims to be open minded. ;)

I’m only human, brother.

And all I said is that I don’t understand it, not that I don’t accept it. I just want to know more (why do we like what we like)?

Good Lord.

Timing is a factor with most everything in life. People enjoy certain things at certain times and not at other times.

I like a good IPA... but not at 8 a.m. in the morning. I like to eat breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening and not reverse. I like snow for Christmas... but for Easter.

There is a proper time for most things. Pretty simple human observation. :rolleyes:

Day-drinking and 24-hr breakfast are where it’s at, man.

Seriously. Serve me four soft buttermilk pancakes at 8PM and I’m a happy dude.

• Like 1

Like what you like and stick to it all the time sounds pretty uptight and boring.

Ha. Clever framing. I just don’t set “ground rules” for what I like and when I like it. Snow, beer, thunderstorms, and pancakes can be enjoyed 24/7. ;)

Would be too much work for my subconscious mind otherwise.

74 degrees and mostly sunny currently. Excellent weather feel like summer. This is the warmest day here since the first of the month.

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

74 degrees and mostly sunny currently. Excellent weather feel like summer. This is the warmest day here since the first of the month.

79 at SEA and 78 here now.

Finally sunny for a few hours here.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Sure. But on the flip side I’m guessing there isn’t an awful lot you don’t think is silly.

I just wish this place could be an echo chamber of weather-preference like-mindedness. Anything short of that is downright criminal.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I just wish this place could be an echo chamber of weather-preference like-mindedness. Anything short of that is downright criminal.

I don’t think anyone wants that. I think we could both agree that it would be nice if this place featured a little less b*tching, though. And yes, I know I’ve been as guilty as anyone in the past.

I don’t think anyone wants that. I think we could both agree that it would be nice if this place featured a little less b*tching, though. And yes, I know I’ve been as guilty as anyone in the past.

Cold misers climbing all over the heat misers, heat misers sticking it in the cold misers sideways...

Just imagine if all the misers combined their powers and what could be accomplished!!!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Cold misers climbing all over the heat misers, heat misers sticking it in the cold misers sideways...

Just imagine if all the misers combined their powers and what could be accomplished!!!

Show us the way, Omni-miser!

• Like 1

Beautiful day. 85F kids outside.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

It's almost like May/June didn't even happen.

You don't expect this in July.   And the last couple weeks of June were not so great either.    Its been pretty rare to see the sun since June 18th.   That is a sucky seasonal progression.   Nature is a b*tch.

I hear it might snow this coming winter!

It'll snow on the Mt Hood ski resorts this coming winter. As well as the Washington ski resorts. And Mt Bachelor. And all the other Oregon ski resorts I didn't mention. Pretty sure we can all agree that's a certainty.

Still pretty humid today by our standards. Hi of 78F with a dew point of 64F. Even had a few light rain showers move through early this evening

Dewpoint down to 48 at SEA now. Drier air coming in from somewhere.

Nice night. Some cirrus so not the best star watching night.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

A mere 6 weeks of summer left and we have to spend a week waiting out this beast.   That sucks.     October will be probably be non-stop ridging.  

gfs_z500a_namer_19.png