Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

Holy cow how things have changed! My grid says 2-4" but models keep getting wetter and wetter! Hoping for an upgrade by this afternoon. Currently looking at light snow in shelby...

Crazy right?? NWS saying 3-7" in LNK. Not sure if that's underestimated, so hard to tell at this point.

RGEM gives us thundersnow! not sure how accurate but looks like a possibility

• Like 1

Good job calling this one Tom.  You had it from the get go and stuck with it.  Well done.

It'll be interesting to see this storm cycle back through in mid March.  Hoping to see some big blocking then and this could spin up another monster during cycle #4.  Long range models pointing towards blocking to hold into Spring.  Enjoy the snow!

JB is going to eat is words by saying this storm would not explode and cut farther NW.  His area in C PA see's snow transition to rain...how dismal that would be since he was hyping this storm to hit the East Coast again.  Are we seeing a 1978 repeat???  I think so!

I can't wait to see the GGEM/EURO runs in a bit...what a freakin' run on the GFS.  Every single run since 3 days ago is just exploding qpf totals with this system.  4 years ago to this day we saw what was a memorable Blizzard that blossomed out of the deep south in TX.  Today, Jan 2015, we are seeing something similar and I'm glad to see that THIS time the Plains are cashing in on some nice snowfall totals.  Finally, Finally, Finally....we are seeing this forum have POSITIVITY from the Plains to the Lakes!!!

• Like 2

I can't wait to see the GGEM/EURO runs in a bit...what a freakin' run on the GFS.  Every single run since 3 days ago is just exploding qpf totals with this system.  4 years ago to this day we saw what was a memorable Blizzard that blossomed out of the deep south in TX.  Today, Jan 2015, we are seeing something similar and I'm glad to see that THIS time the Plains are cashing in on some nice snowfall totals.  Finally, Finally, Finally....we are seeing this forum have POSITIVITY from the Plains to the Lakes!!!

Not me, but whatever. It is what it is.

I think MKE is going to cash in big with Lehs snowfall.  You guys normally do good when the wind is out of the NE, especially since the winds will be off the lake for such a long period of time.  The only good thing you can take from the warm weather we had in December, is that the lake waters are still so warm and this will just add to snowfall totals.

Skilling's RPM model nailed the GHD Blizzard and also the east coast storm.  Look at the snowfall totals that are now just showing up in their latest model run.  Some 16-20" totals in Lake/Kenosha county! Cook gets 12-16" which is sizing up to the SREF's.  Great trends and we are getting closer to the event.

Thanks for the map, Tom, ironically if that verified it would be our biggest storm since.....February 1-2, 2011!  It must be something about Groundhog Day and the day prior and big Midwest storms.

A little tidbit, the movie Groundhog Day was actually filmed in Woodstock, Illinois, and given the theme, it's only appropriate that it's a good omen for Northern Illinois!

• Like 1