West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Kinda reminds me of the LOB days when the Seahawks would play really close games through 3 quarters then break off big plays in the 4th to seal it.  I don’t think their a super bowl team but they just might be a playoff team. 

Yep, kinda feels like the early days of the LOB. 

• Like 1

The announcers keep talking like the penalty on Pete took away Geno's run.   It did not change the effect that first down had on the clock and the benefit of Geno's run.   Just moved them back.

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

This is such a fun team to watch! Meanwhile watching Denver is like watching a BAD version of the past several Seahawks season with horrible starts and a comeback at the end. I like this version better! 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

4 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

Seahawks have been a pleasant surprise. Kenneth Walker is legit, total stud. Go Chiefs!

Your last two words ruins my ability to like your post!  

• Like 2
  • lol 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Now that the Seahawks handily beat the media darling New York Giants... expect the national attention on the Seahawks to increase significantly this week.   People will not be doubting them or Geno Smith any longer.

• Like 2

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Now that the Seahawks handily beat the media darling New York Giants... expect the national media attention on the Seahawks to increase significantly this week.

The only thing that would have made this day better would have been a Broncos loss. Sure wish Russ would have continued to play like he did for most of the first half (and the majority of the game really) 

Oh well. 

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

The only thing that would have made this day better would have been a Broncos loss. Sure wish Russ would have continued to play like he did for most of the first half (and the majority of the game really) 

Oh well. 

Yeah... Russ leading a game winning drive did take some of the fun out of the next 2 weeks of what would be a dismantling of the Broncos.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, hawkstwelve said:

Both my home teams won today! Woohoo!

You sure adopted the Vikings quickly... considering you don't even live in the same state as the team.    Took me a few years to care about the Seahawks.    The 2006 Super Bowl got me hooked.  

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

You sure adopted the Vikings quickly... considering you don't even live in the same state as the team.    Took me a few years to care about the Seahawks.    The 2006 Super Bowl got me hooked.  

Hasselbeck! Alexander! 

• Like 1

What a statement win! Still a rebuilding year but that feeling's gonna be real short if the Hawks keep it up. 

• Like 3

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

5 minutes ago, HuskyMaestro said:

What a statement win! Still a rebuilding year but that feeling's gonna be real short if the Hawks keep it up. 

This has the potential of becoming something epic again with all of the draft picks we have…GO BRONCOS… TO LOSE THE REST OF THE GAMES THIS SEASON! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MossMan said:

This has the potential of becoming something epic again with all of the draft picks we have…GO BRONCOS… TO LOSE THE REST OF THE GAMES THIS SEASON! 

The 00z should shed a lot of light on the situation.

• Excited 1
  • Shivering 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Ross Chastain (Red No. 1 car) just did the craziest move in NASCAR history that I can think of.  He needed to catch up to Denny Hamlin in the 11 FedEx car, and on the final lap, he did a move that no one saw coming.  By doing this, he locked himself into the NASCAR Championship Final 4 and knocked out Denny Hamlin.  Pretty crazy.

7 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

I've always followed and liked the Vikings. Although he was a middling coach overall, I liked Mike Zimmer. Plus my strong Scottish/Norwegian background has lead to a connection with the team, if only as a joke from my wife.

Our enthusiasm for them as a family is still nowhere near the Hawks but they were a fairly easy team to adopt as our new home team and start seriously rooting for.

Beware the Kirk Cousins.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.