December 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

So what do you make of the GEPS showing the Thus-Fri low basically bifurcating and redeveloping as a low off SW BC/WWA?  Most of the other models have this second low kind of sitting there but the ensemble is giving it a fair bit of life and precip on Friday.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gem-ens/2016121212/gem-ens_mslp_pwat_wus_15.png

So what do you make of the GEPS showing the Thus-Fri low basically bifurcating and redeveloping as a low off SW BC/WWA?  Most of the other models have this second low kind of sitting there but the ensemble is giving it a fair bit of life and precip on Friday.

The NAM shows something similar.

A forum for the end of the world.

The guy who runs this site is an idiot.

I doubt that he is an idiot ;).... There is probably a reason I do not understand as I have developed and built enough websites to know there is reason beyond the obvious. I am just wondering if anything why there is such a low number of likes?  I assume abuse or server load?

Was turning on the yard light to check for snow falling... happened to walk by the window on the other side of the house and saw a bright moon shining out there. So much for that.

Sat through 2 straight days of rain and the minute the air mass finally gets cold enough again the moisture disappears. :rolleyes:

Obviously you won't find anyone that cares TT-SEA, you've already seen a lot of snow :)

Tuesday night into Wednesday could be a decent snow producer for Klamath Falls. Zone forecast calls for 4-5 inches overnight. For some reason Klamath Falls wasn't even mentioned in the Winter Storm Watch for this region (maybe an oversight?). Snow level drops to 3200 which would be the lowest so far this season.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 19
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------