PNW December 2022, winter might be coming; but mostly canceled.

The Blob

2 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Jesse didn't say or do anything wrong, at least to the extent someone felt they should stop posting.  There is way more memebers on this forum that get a free pass for their brash interactions with people, and they are way worse on the daily.

This is day two in a row where I completely missed drama despite the fact I thought I was keeping up fairly well.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Sad 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

5 minutes ago, Applesauce said:

I've lurked here for 2 years and only know that mossman gets all the snow and everyone hates some guy named Phil

Phil is fine, especially after he moved away from living next to the Costco at Stampede Pass a decade or more ago! 

• Like 8
  • lol 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

I was going to say this. It never seemed as ridic as the GFS this past week but now that the first part of the upcoming pattern has sort of come into agreement among the others it has really started pooping the bed. Or its amazing and all the others are dog and we're wasting our time here

The ICON is my ride or die. Pretty much just for QPF though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

This is day two in a row where I completely missed drama despite the fact I thought I was keeping up fairly well.

I always miss the drama and I'm too lazy to go back and read what happened. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

The ICON is my ride or die. Pretty much just for QPF though. 

Even for QPF the ICON is pretty much hot garbage even within 24 hours-- respect your choice but I'd recommend you break up with the thing 

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

2 minutes ago, MWG said:

I always miss the drama and I'm too lazy to go back and read what happened. 

I also find that no one ever really "leaves". Permanent exits turn into quick vacations and permanent bans turn into multiple sock accounts before the admins eventually just give in.

Except for Mallow. We miss you, Mallow....

• Like 6

Interesting... the ICON is only out through Saturday on WB and it looks way better than the previous runs at that time.   But thanks to Tropical Tidbits we can see that it still ends up terrible.

• Like 4
  • lol 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I also find that no one ever really "leaves". Permanent exits turn into quick vacations and permanent bans turn into multiple sock accounts before the admins eventually just give in.

Except for Mallow. We miss you, Mallow....

Richard <>~€£¥

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
  • lol 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

It runs first. Thats gotta mean something!! It gets its own special category for me :)

ECMWF and EPS take their sweet time running all the data.   NAM and ICON don't waste time doing any of that.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

Richard <>~€£¥

Based off his PFP from my memory he looked a little up there age wise (unless it was a pic of someone else) Did he pass away? His posts were straight up gibberish to me when I mostly lurked when I was a teenager 😂

• Like 1

(Previous name: MillCreekMike)

Everett, WA (elev. 180’)

2023-2024 Snowfall:

1/11: Tr.

1/18: Tr.

Go M’s

Just now, MillCreekMike said:

Based off his PFP from my memory he looked a little up there age wise (unless it was a pic of someone else) Did he pass away? His posts were straight up gibberish to me when I mostly lurked when I was a teenager 😂

. That is so mean.  

Be. More.               

.sensitive 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1