1/21 - 1/23 Plains/Midwest Blizzard

Tom

This is sickening-- all ive wanted was a colorado low, and we finally get one, and it goes NW, while the storm two weeks ago was too cold and moved it SE. Gosh im sick of this. You guys can give me flack, i dont care. Really is amazing, just in the worst possible way.

Tom do you remember driving across Central and Western Nebraska on I 80 and you commented what wind and snow would do on this flat land.

Yes I do!  I just had flashbacks of that trip along I-80 and passing your area....I can only imagine the drifts and snow banks walloped by this beast.

Significant shift southeast on the GFS. Was evident when the surface low came out weaker in CO and dug a bit more. Also amped up the wrap around precip across Iowa but is nothing I am counting on at this time. Without sounding like a massive weenie, I genuinely do believe if the wrap around precip materializes(especially significantly) we could be looking at blizzard conditions with modeled sustained winds at 25-30mph with gusts in the 40-45mph range should the winds just aloft mix down. Despite this, snowfall amounts would be minor. 

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")