May Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Pleasant day.

Drizzle finally stopped!  

Even some peaks of sun now and then... but satellite shows lots of low clouds still pouring in from the north.   It will probably clear up right around sunset.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

That was his point. No matter what your preferences, it can be too hot, too cloudy, too whatever.

ok Sherlock, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Quite a big difference in terms of extremities between Neah Bay and Death Valley...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Mark Nelsen is going around tweaking one sensor a month until he receives $1,000,000 in unmarked forks delivered via an offshore account.

Silver or gold?

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

I just posted this in the Mid May 2018 Heat Wave Contest thread.

My final submission. I'm going for 90 on both Sunday and Monday for PDX.

SEA:

74/51

81/55

83/58

77/56

PDX:

81/51

90/55

90/59

80/57

12Z ECMWF showed a peak of 83 at PDX on Sunday and Monday.     I doubt it reaches 90 there.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The biggest reason I hate torching this time of year is it kills a lot of stalked trout they put into ponds that require rain to keep from going dry. These little ponds close to the willamette Valley populations are what inspire a lot of people to go out and buy fishing licenses. The money from that goes to conservation efforts and wildlife management. When these fish die, people see that and get discouraged from the activity thus less money gets pumped into the wildlife efforts.

• Like 1

The biggest reason I hate torching this time of year is it kills a lot of stalked trout they put into ponds that require rain to keep from going dry. These little ponds close to the willamette Valley populations are what inspire a lot of people to go out and buy fishing licenses. The money from that goes to conservation efforts and wildlife management. When these fish die, people see that and get discouraged from the activity thus less money gets pumped into the wildlife efforts.

I agree...but now Tim will probably be referencing and making fun of this post for months.

I agree...but now Tim will probably be referencing and making fun of this post for months.

He can make fun of it all he wants. Truth is, less and less people are buying licenses and tags so it's hurting conservation and management a lot. Having much warmer than normal water and lower streamflows are only making it worse.

• Like 1

A couple of warm days in late spring will not destroy the fish population. In fact it will most likely boost the fishing license numbers and help to pump more money into the wildlife efforts.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

A couple of warm days in late spring will not destroy the fish population. In fact it will most likely boost the fishing license numbers and help to pump more money into the wildlife efforts.

It's been so consistently dry and warm in Portland that it could be a record warm month. It's unfortunately not just a couple days.

It's been so consistently dry and warm in Portland that it could be a record warm month. It's unfortunately not just a couple days.

Too bad you guys didn’t have record rainfall amounts like we have had up here.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

We could use some of that. The past 4-5 years have been ridiculously warm and not wet when we really need it, like this time of year. Every year it has dried out in either April or May and when it happens that early it could have rained 100 inches in the winter and it wouldn't have mattered come summertime.

• Like 1

You guys haven’t had record rainfall up there this spring. April wasn’t record setting and turned warm and dry the last third of the month. March was drier than average. And now May is starting way warmer and drier than average.

• Like 1

You guys haven’t had record rainfall up there this spring. April wasn’t record setting and turned warm and dry the last third of the month. March was drier than average. And now May is starting way warmer and drier than average.

It’s been extremely wet and not warm at all here. Sorry Jesse.

The fact that you would say this about a warmer and drier than normal spring pretty much says it all. Sorry Randy.

Okay king weather master of the universe. You know all when it comes to the weather of northern Snohomish County. Got it!!

He can make fun of it all he wants. Truth is, less and less people are buying licenses and tags so it's hurting conservation and management a lot. Having much warmer than normal water and lower streamflows are only making it worse.

This is why you want me to cheer for crappy weather here? I am not worried about Oregon fishing licenses. Sorry.

It's been very wet in my area compared to normal and the snow pack is awesome. The rivers are absolutely roaring. And we have 3 months before we are turning towards the fall rainy season in the central and northern Cascades.

I never worry about it being too dry here. It's been the wettest 4 years in our history up here.

So... I am glad you care about Oregon fishing licenses. That's great. But I want it to be nice now. Like most everyone else living out here in the Snoqualmie Valley. Its our short window to reap the rewards of 9 months of rain.

Why would I worry about Oregon fishing licenses?

This is why you want me to cheer for crappy weather here? I am not worried about Oregon fishing licenses. Sorry.

It's been very wet in my area compared to normal and the snow pack is awesome. The rivers are absolutely roaring. And we have 3 months before we are turning towards the fall rainy season in the central and northern Cascades.

I never worry about it being too dry here. It's been the wettest 4 years in our history up here.

So... I am glad you care about Oregon fishing licenses. That's great. But I want it to be nice now. Like most everyone else living out here in the Snoqualmie Valley. Its our short window to reap the rewards of 9 months of rain.

Why would I worry about Oregon fishing licenses?

The days start getting shorter in 5 weeks. ;)

• Like 1

The days start getting shorter in 5 weeks. ;)

Exactly.

Not going to worry about it being too warm and dry right now.