June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Big League downpour in progress. I do have to admit the roar of this burst of heavy rain hitting the trees all around my house is pretty dang cool! And finally having a covered deck to enjoy it makes it even better!

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Weak sauce. Even over the PNW heights have been near normal. The main troughing was further north and offshore. Certainly hasn't been full-scale western troughing like we're currently seeing.

attachicon.gifcompday.uRbSWyiioj.gif

By time the 3 week period is over it will be a clear western trough signal.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I'm liking what the 18z does with the cut off low, it seems to really take a back seat on this run. Hopefully tonight's runs improve on that..

It trended towards the EURO and then brings insane heat just in time for the summer solstice. Upper 90s for PDX like the EURO on the 18th and 19th and then temperatures explode into the 100s on the 20th and 21st. Up there in SEA, looks like 90s on the 19th and 20th and then triple digits for the summer solstice like PDX. The models are starting to zero in on this heat wave and gaining confidence. Big runs ahead!

gfs_T850a_nwus_42.png

us_model-en-087-0_modusa_2018061018_276_4637_217.pngus_model-en-087-0_modusa_2018061018_276_3955_217(2).png

• Like 1

Weak sauce. Even over the PNW heights have been near normal. The main troughing was further north and offshore. Certainly hasn't been full-scale western troughing like we're currently seeing.

compday.uRbSWyiioj.gif

That’s an obvious -PNA/western trough. Ironically the period from 5/28 to 6/5 was more -PNA than the period from 6/6 to 6/10 since the latter was a jet extension bumped by the residual wave dispersion regime.

I wonder if you will finally now get credit for the troughy pattern you predicted perfectly well over a month ago?

Funny how it only took Flatiron 3 minutes to respond to this.

FWIW, it takes longer than 5 minutes to create one of those NOAA 500mb maps, run it through an image hoster, copy/paste the IMG code, and write a post about it. So he probably had already pre-made the image in anticipation of you or someone else mentioning me and/or my forecast. :lol: #obsessed

0.4 inches of rain here today and still coming down. Juneuary day for sure.  Grass is happy.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Funny how it only took Flatiron 3 minutes to respond to this.

FWIW, it takes longer than 5 minutes to create one of those NOAA 500mb maps, run it through an image hoster, copy/paste the IMG code, and write a post about it. So he probably had already pre-made the image in anticipation of you or someone else mentioning me and/or my forecast. :lol: #obsessed

My first response didn't have the map, silly. It is what it is...weak troughing mainly to the north and offshore of the western U.S. until the past few days.

I already gave you credit for your call on the timing of the weak troughing period. What are you looking for?  :)

A forum for the end of the world.

My first response didn't have the map, silly. It is what it is...weak troughing mainly to the north of the western U.S. until the past few days.

I already gave you credit for your call on the timing of the weak troughing period. What are you looking for? :)

I’m just trolling you, brother. Not asking for anything.

Though I’m legitimately impressed that you were able to create the image, run it through an image hoster, find/copy/paste the image code, and write a post about said image in just 5 minutes. There’s no way I’d be able to pull off a feat like that. #supersleuth

I’m just trolling you, brother. Not asking for anything.

Though I’m legitimately impressed that you were able to create the image, run it through an image hoster, find/copy/paste the image code, and write a post about said image in just 5 minutes. There’s no way I’d be able to pull off a feat like that. #supersleuth

I just saved it and uploaded it to the post. 

A forum for the end of the world.

The 00Z GFS is back to a lingering ULL solution but it looks a little warmer starting Friday.  

I wonder if the ULL lingering to the south opens the door to some downsloping?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Well a torchfest could be coming soon, but rest assured Christmas 2017 is alive and well in my freezer!

7791589D-8EBD-40E3-9F4F-432F4C07A784.jpeg

• Like 5

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Well a torchfest could be coming soon, but rest assured Christmas 2017 is alive and well in my freezer!

Wait, is this for real? :lol:

Wait, is this for real? :lol:

Sure is! My daughter made the snowball and we put it in the freezer on Christmas morning.