September 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

TigerWoodsLibido

Remember that tomorrow Pete will be on the radio praising his millionaires for not giving up!    They did not quit... so proud of them.    :lol:

Part of me wants to see a really bad record so that BS stops.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Time for the Hawks to push the reset button.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

So says my wife who needs a jacket to even step inside Safeway. Most restaurants are annoyingly chilly as well.

Amen. My wife and daughter both walk into restaurants on 95 degree evenings (had plenty of opportunities this summer, LOL!) with sweatshirts in hand. Looks ridiculous.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Petey will be praising up this garbage time drive tomorrow!    They always keep it close.   Usually lose... but they really try and get an "A" for effort and that is what really matters.   ;)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4-12 in 2008...

Snow anyone???

Would you take a miraculous turnaround and a super bowl win... or a December 2008 weather redux if you could only choose one?

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Would you take a miraculous turnaround and a super bowl win... or a December 2008 weather redux if you could only choose one?

I don't much care about the Seahawks. I like it when they're good, ignore them when they're bad. Give me snowpocalypse followed by a cold and hot, ground fracturing drought.

• Like 1

I would take the Super Bowl win.   I don't care for feet of snow and then massive flooding.   We fell back-asswards into the most perfect Christmas snow possible last year.   Just the right amount.   :)

BREAKING: "A weak tornado is not completely out of the question," is what ECCC says about this @GlobalNews viewer video taken Sunday at 3:03pm along Hayward Lake. Could be #BC's 1st tornado in 30 years! @KGordonGlobalBC has the exclusive details @GlobalBC #bcstorm #yvr

This is so odd. I don't remember what day it was anymore, but sometime this past week with all the storms in Maple Ridge, I remember one of the days looking at clouds and thinking to myself, "tornado?"

Hey Phil, your thoughts on the current easterly QBO and centrally based Nino actually producing a Modoki El Nino this winter?

I'm thinking based on early data, the east get's hit hard this winter.

I’m not seeing a coherent niño..the low frequency components do look niño-ish (albeit modestly) but I suspect there will be a high degree of pattern variability until January.

And while the east could be hit hard (especially later in the winter) I could also see a pathway to a Coast-to-Coast warm winter as well. Tough call right now.

I’m not seeing a coherent niño..the low frequency components do look niño-ish (albeit modestly) but I suspect there will be a high degree of pattern variability until January.

And while the east could be hit hard (especially later in the winter) I could also see a pathway to a Coast-to-Coast warm winter as well. Tough call right now.

What do you think the weather will be like in the east for november/December/January?

• Like 1

What do you think the weather will be like in the east for november/December/January?

I don’t know..I haven’t really thought about it yet.

If dateline forcing analogs tell us anything, it’s that there will probably be a blowtorch episode sometime during the first half of winter, and a cold/snowy stretch during February and/or March.

Holy freaking crap..just had another one of those insanely close lightning strikes. I think this one was even closer than the one I got on video last month..it had multiple return strokes and each one had simultaneous thunder.

Sorry for the OT post, but now I’ve got the jitters like Tim on a rainy day. :lol:

You're probably gonna die.

• Like 1

Holy freaking crap..just had another one of those insanely close lightning strikes. I think this one was even closer than the one I got on video last month..it had multiple return strokes and each one had simultaneous thunder.

Sorry for the OT post, but now I’ve got the jitters like Tim on a rainy day. :lol:

I heard that if you taste copper in your mouth or you see the hairs on your arm stand on end, then you are about to be struck by lightning and it's too late to do anything about it....

• Like 1

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

GFS turning downright nasty for rain/cold lovers at day 8... Pretty toasty by day 10

That would be lovely after the many inches of rain and cool temps over the last 10+ days.
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Into the 40’s already

Same here. 49F on the hour. Still at just .4" here for the month so far. I don't remember it getting this cold last Sept.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

You're probably gonna die.

Still going after a full hour.

Caught these two back-to-backers ~ 15mins ago.

I heard that if you taste copper in your mouth or you see the hairs on your arm stand on end, then you are about to be struck by lightning and it's too late to do anything about it....

Haha, I didn’t feel that last time. But the air did “change” just before that shower of lightning bolts started. Almost like it became lighter and less dense. I don’t know how to describe it.

I don’t know..I haven’t really thought about it yet.

If dateline forcing analogs tell us anything, it’s that there will probably be a blowtorch episode sometime during the first half of winter, and a cold/snowy stretch during February and/or March.

yeah this is a difficult one to pin down tenmen who is howard the one that posts keith Allen forecasts has been hinting this winter is showing positive signs but to what he seeing your guess is as good as mine.i would think 2019-_2020 would be the one to get excited for moderate or better el nino with solar minimum hallmark for an historic winter.this winter is iffy a weak nino would be ok but a neutral enso would suck base on the fact that history has shown neutral following la nina winters has tended to be some of our worse outcomes 2001-2002 96-97 2012-2013 89-90 were all neuturl after la nina winter's and everyone of them suck balls with blow torch all winter.2002-2003 moderate nino came and that winter was completely oppersite to 2001-2002 with record snow

Euro is almost totally dry for Oregon over the next week

A4F3B7C4-768F-4F00-A599-EAF71B099CBC.png

This is getting ridiculous at this point.

Personal Stats:

Venmo

Yesterday on the Skyline Trail at Mount Rainier.  It rained and snowed the night before, with sticking snow above about 6,000' (a dusting).  Skies were mainly clear with temps in the 20s when I woke up.  Peak fall colors look about 2 weeks away.  It was awesome seeing Rainier, Mt. Hood, Adams and St. Helens covered in snow again.

DSC_9695.JPG

• Like 4