Polite Politics

Rubus Leucodermis

3 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Quoting an open borders think tank I see. 

It used to be illegals did jobs no one wanted. Now they don't even work. 

As for fentanyl, cleaver trick there using "conviction" rate. These folx are slipping in and out of the country if they are ever caught  it's usually catch and release  and they just disappear. Also they are the ones bringing it into the US, once it gets here it's distributed by whomever. Unbelievable. This kind of thinking has destroyed a once great nation. 

No, making up facts and spreading it online for people like you to believe is destroying this nation. 

• Facepalm 1

They were the reason why Biden won in 2020, but they could be also the reason why he loses 2024

Biden Has All But Lost His Advantage with Young Voters that Drove 2020 Win, Devastating Poll Shows (msn.com)

• Like 2

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

9 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

They were the reason why Biden won in 2020, but they could be also the reason why he loses 2024

Biden Has All But Lost His Advantage with Young Voters that Drove 2020 Win, Devastating Poll Shows (msn.com)

I couldn’t find anything on either the site you linked or any of the links I tried to chase down as to how the pollsters phrased their questions.

That’s important, as both candidates have high negatives, and Biden’s negatives have increased. You are not going to find so many people enthusiastic about supporting Biden anymore, so if questions are phrased that way, I would expect to see Biden’s numbers have slipped. On the other hand, if the poll was explicitly phrased as “Biden or Trump, what’s your choice, pick one,” then that is a far more significant result.

This election, like the previous one, will be mostly about voting against what you least want, not voting for what you do want.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Why!???aren’t younger candidates stepping forward?  Surely they see the cliff before them.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

35 minutes ago, Andie said:

Why!???aren’t younger candidates stepping forward?  Surely they see the cliff before them.  

I mean....Haley is younger, pretty conservative by sane standards, and would probably win the general election. And you essentially shat on her yesterday in a post.

That should answer your question.

• Like 2
  • lol 1

1 hour ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

I couldn’t find anything on either the site you linked or any of the links I tried to chase down as to how the pollsters phrased their questions.

That’s important, as both candidates have high negatives, and Biden’s negatives have increased. You are not going to find so many people enthusiastic about supporting Biden anymore, so if questions are phrased that way, I would expect to see Biden’s numbers have slipped. On the other hand, if the poll was explicitly phrased as “Biden or Trump, what’s your choice, pick one,” then that is a far more significant result.

This election, like the previous one, will be mostly about voting against what you least want, not voting for what you do want.

I hate it when that happens, it always gets everyone!

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

I hate it when that happens, it always gets everyone!

Just be honest with yourself and admit that you rarely fully read the articles you link us. You're obviously way more interested in the toxic, circlejerk comments given the "content" from the articles you send us.

1 hour ago, Andie said:

DeSantis is younger.  I'm really disappointed he didn't get any traction.

I know Trump will do what needs to be done, but he has so many people that hate him.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

27 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I know Trump will do what needs to be done, but he has so many people that hate him.

The guy has a personality of a door knob. He didn't even know how to properly smile like a human being.

It's never a good sign that as people meet your candidate more, the less they like him. He needs to stick to Florida for a while and try and regain the ground/confidence he has lost there within his legislature. National elections don't suit him well. 

23 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

The guy has a personality of a door knob. He didn't even know how to properly smile like a human being.

It's never a good sign that as people meet your candidate more, the less they like him. He needs to stick to Florida for a while and try and regain the ground/confidence he has lost there within his legislature. National elections don't suit him well. 

giphy.gif

• lol 2

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Just be honest with yourself and admit that you rarely fully read the articles you link us. You're obviously way more interested in the toxic, circlejerk comments given the "content" from the articles you send us.

Both sides do that to each other all the time, it's not like it's only the Republicans doing it.

3 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I mean....Haley is younger, pretty conservative by sane standards, and would probably win the general election. And you essentially shat on her yesterday in a post.

That should answer your question.

Yeah. shat happens. 😄

I’d vote for her before Biden.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

The hot potatoe sure gets passed around.   It’s all about perspective but this is an old problem needing to be addressed.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 6:38 AM, hawkstwelve said:

That number is consistent with the same percentages in Iowa and New Hampshire that said they will not vote for him. See my post above to roadtonowhere.

He claimed last night "the Republican Party has never been more united" but that could not be further from the truth. The problem for Trump is both his support and his detractors are all but baked in at this point. It's going to be an incredibly long, tough road ahead to try and convince Republicans like me (and the other 20-40% of the Party who thinks like me) to vote for him come November. If he's not successful, hell maybe even if he is, Joe Biden wins.

Trump won IA by more in 2020 than he did in 2016, and lost NH by more in 2020 than he did in 2016.

So from an electoral standpoint, I'm not sure that it matters as we become increasingly polarized and partisan as a nation, especially with these two retread candidates. IA is safely a Republican stronghold just as NH is safely a Democratic stronghold. The true battleground states are shifting somewhat (WI/AZ) and becoming fewer and further between.

Edited by BLI snowman

May be an image of 6 people and text that says 'Let's close out Black History Month by honoring these absolute legends. wimkin.com'

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

On 2/25/2024 at 6:33 AM, hawkstwelve said:

Many times those disillusioned voters will "come home" by the time the general rolls around and vote for whoever the party nominee is at that point. Normally it wittles down to about 10% of the party being holdouts, so I wouldn't expect that full 60% to hold. That being said, I don't see a large "come home" movement this cycle because we already know who Donald Trump is and what he will bring. You either love him or hate him, and it's become apparent during this primary cycle that 20-40% of the Republican Party hates him. 

Trump lost in 2020 with about 90% of Republicans supporting him and a minority of Independents. If he really can't convince that 20-40% of the party to vote for him, I don't see how it's possible that he will win. 

Dunno.  I would bet that a lot of conservatives will do the good old nose holding vote if it meant it would keep a Democrat out.  It has been shown time and time again that tribalism is stronger than morality or pragmatism.

On 2/25/2024 at 3:51 PM, snow_wizard said:

I will say I don't think Trump could win if it's anybody but Biden running against him. 

This is one of the strangest Presidential elections to ever take place in this country bar none.  Somehow both sides are going to end up with horribly unpopular candidates.  A lot of Democrats feel just as helpless as a lot of Republicans right now.  I will vote for Trump, even though he wasn't my top choice.

Both sides are frustrated.  Both parties are a joke right now.  A sock puppet could beat Trump. A sock puppet could beat Biden.  Pathetic.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:20 PM, Andie said:

Hmmm.  So is the UN behind the border invasion into the US?  
And why?  

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/former-panama-border-chief-claims-united-nations-is/

Nonsense.

14 hours ago, Andie said:

There are plenty young, intelligent people waiting to take over the reigns.  Politics is governed by quid pro quo and dogmatic faith in polls.  Brains and common sense are optional.

12 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

He had 4 years.  A lot of nothing.  He is the swamp.

11 hours ago, Hoosier said:

giphy.gif

These Red Bull Jerseys look like someone was drinking more than Red Bull  while

• Weenie 1

Well, there’s plenty of speculation as to who and why our border is nonexistent.  I’ve seen a lot of thoughts as to who. 
This can’t be Biden’s grand plan alone.  He’s just not firing on all his cylinders.  
But we’re going to see an increase in things going forward we haven’t seen in a long time.

While heads are turned toward the election, Russia and North Korea make nice. 
This can’t go well.  
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/13/politics/us-concerns-russia-north-korea-relations/index.html

Wonder if they'll be signing up voters in conservative neighborhoods or precincts.

This is not your Daddy's election.   

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Either make the national election a national holiday or everyone vote by mail/internet and let the chips fall where they may.  Then, if someone is too lazy to sign up and vote, too bad.

2 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Either make the national election a national holiday or everyone vote by mail/internet and let the chips fall where they may.  Then, if someone is too lazy to sign up and vote, too bad.

They’ll concentrate on campuses and areas around colleges.  
I’m waiting for all the migrants to get signed up.  

Dengue fever, carried by mosquitoes, is swamping the populations of Brazil and Peru, Argentina, Laos and causing major concerns in other parts of the world.

It has spiked fourfold in Brazil just this year following the release of millions of gene-edited mosquitos by the World Mosquito Program run by the United Nations.

https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/gene-edited-mosquitos-get-released-now-dengue-fever-rockets-400/

These are genetically altered mosquitoes   

Bill Gates is pressing for vaccines.    (Of course)

Speaking of Gates. I read he’s invested like $40 million in crickets. Pass the artificial filet mignon, please. 
https://foodinstitute.com/focus/you-want-flies-with-that-new-alternative-proteins-set-to-go-mainstream/

27 minutes ago, Andie said:

Dengue fever, carried by mosquitoes, is swamping the populations of Brazil and Peru, Argentina, Laos and causing major concerns in other parts of the world.

It has spiked fourfold in Brazil just this year following the release of millions of gene-edited mosquitos by the World Mosquito Program run by the United Nations.

https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/gene-edited-mosquitos-get-released-now-dengue-fever-rockets-400/

These are genetically altered mosquitoes   

Bill Gates is pressing for vaccines.    (Of course)

Speaking of Gates. I read he’s invested like $40 million in crickets. Pass the artificial filet mignon, please. 
https://foodinstitute.com/focus/you-want-flies-with-that-new-alternative-proteins-set-to-go-mainstream/

You do realize gene edited mosquitoes is an attempt to eradicate them.  Make the males sterile and the females have no one to mate with. 

I do not know what kind of conclusion you are trying to draw here other than some silly Bill Gates population control nonsense.  WND is absolute vomit.

But a hard pass on the crickets.  I'd rather be vegetarian.  Real meat or nothing.

Yes. However these are carrying Dengue fever.  How’s that working out for them?  
It would appear they have a ways to go.  

Trump is running under 70% in Michigan primary results, as an incumbent. Over 300,000 Republican primary voters chose someone else or 'uncommitted' over Trump. He lost Michigan in 2020 by 150,000 votes and won in 2016 by just 11,000.

No matter how much Trump wants to try and claim the party is united, it's anything but that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkstwelve said:

Trump is running under 70% in Michigan primary results, as an incumbent. Over 300,000 Republican primary voters chose someone else or 'uncommitted' over Trump. He lost Michigan in 2020 by 150,000 votes and won in 2016 by just 11,000.

No matter how much Trump wants to try and claim the party is united, it's anything but that. 

The same situation for "Uncommitted" is also happening for Biden for the Democrat voters

3 hours ago, Andie said:

"Who spreads dengue and severe dengue? Dengue is spread through the bite of the female mosquito (Aedes aegypti). The mosquito becomes infected when it takes the blood of a person infected with the virus. After about one week, the mosquito can then transmit the virus while biting a healthy person."

Less mosquitoes less transmission.  What's your objection here?

2 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

The same situation for "Uncommitted" is also happening for Biden for the Democrat voters

Sure, but "uncommitted" means two different things in this primary.

For the Republican side, along with the portion of Haley's vote, it's a direct rebuke of Donald Trump. For the Democrat side, it's a direct rebuke of Biden's handling in Gaza and the Israel/Hamas war. Biden might have a chance at courting those voters if he calls for a cease-fire (already starting to happen) or changes his position with Israel. On the flip side, Trump has shown no signs of wanting to court the voters disillusioned with him. He's made it plainly clear that if you don't identify as MAGA and worship him, you aren't welcome. 

Both are warning signs for the presumptive nominees but not to the same degree.

6 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Sure, but "uncommitted" means two different things in this primary.

For the Republican side, along with the portion of Haley's vote, it's a direct rebuke of Donald Trump. For the Democrat side, it's a direct rebuke of Biden's handling in Gaza and the Israel/Hamas war. Biden might have a chance at courting those voters if he calls for a cease-fire (already starting to happen) or changes his position with Israel. On the flip side, Trump has shown no signs of wanting to court the voters disillusioned with him. He's made it plainly clear that if you don't identify as MAGA and worship him, you aren't welcome. 

Both are warning signs for the presumptive nominees but not to the same degree.

There is little sign the cease-fire is going to actually happen, Israel will do anything to get the hostages, they counter-invaded Gaza to get the Hostages.

It also appears that Israel's only condition to pull out is for all hostages to be freed.

56 minutes ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

"Who spreads dengue and severe dengue? Dengue is spread through the bite of the female mosquito (Aedes aegypti). The mosquito becomes infected when it takes the blood of a person infected with the virus. After about one week, the mosquito can then transmit the virus while biting a healthy person."

Less mosquitoes less transmission.  What's your objection here?

I never said I was pro-mosquito or had objections. 😃

Moving along.

4 hours ago, Andie said:

Ya I think you are misunderstanding what they did. These mosquitoes being released are not carrying the virus.

What you don't understand doesn't automatically mean  it's scary.

1 minute ago, Andie said:

I never said I was pro-mosquito or had objections. 😃

Moving along.

"It has spiked fourfold in Brazil just this year following the release of millions of gene-edited mosquitos by the World Mosquito Program run by the United Nations."

"These are genetically altered mosquitoes"

"However these are carrying Dengue fever.  How’s that working out for them?"

Again, I do not know what point you are trying to make here.  There is no cause and effect or ulterior UN/Bill Gates motives here.

• Weenie 1

Well, I'll pass on mosquitos.  Texas has its share of issues with them.

Meantime - Good news in the Senate.

McConnell Steps Down - Finally.

https://apnews.com/article/mitch-mcconnell-senate-republican-leader-stepping-down-ba478d570a4561aa7baf91a204d7e366

1 hour ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

"It has spiked fourfold in Brazil just this year following the release of millions of gene-edited mosquitos by the World Mosquito Program run by the United Nations."

"These are genetically altered mosquitoes"

"However these are carrying Dengue fever.  How’s that working out for them?"

Again, I do not know what point you are trying to make here.  There is no cause and effect or ulterior UN/Bill Gates motives here.

Maybe the Gene-edited Mosquitos were there to take out Zika?