June (July) 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Your PDX obsession is unfortunate.

Focusing the nearest major station to me is SO DUMB.

Anyway, I think you’ve more than made up for my recent transgressions toward your protected class of preference pals at this point. Hackles down!

Focusing the nearest major station to me is SO DUMB.

Anyway, I think you’ve more than made up for my recent transgressions toward your protected class of preference pals at this point. Hackles down!

Jesse getting hot and bothered about something??? Must be a day ending in y! Lolz!!!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I doubt you actually ran.

No but I could have! I only live .8 miles from work. Would have been toasty on a day like today though.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

No but I could have! I only live .8 miles from work. Would have been toasty on a day like today though.

You live .8 miles from I-5?

I did not realize it went up 7,000 feet that fast up there when you go east of I-5.

That is .8 miles by land and 1.5 miles straight up correct? Tough walk!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Looks like fire season might be officially underway in NorCal. The Hog Fire west of Susanville is currently at 6000 acres burned with no containment. NWS Reno has issued a Red Flag warning for strong outflow winds tomorrow, so this could quickly turn into something much worse. Highways have closed and evacuations are taking place.

In other news, Hillsboro has hit 90.

You live .8 miles from I-5?

I did not realize it went up 7,000 feet that fast up there when you go east of I-5.

That is .8 miles by land and 1.5 miles straight up correct? Tough walk!

7,000ft in .8 miles would be a hell of a hike!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

+12 on the high.

Our 99°F today was only +10.

#NormalSummerWeather

More info from troll boy!   Today is about as normal as the 60-degree high with rain that we had earlier in the month.   But we have some 60-degree rain and some days in the 80s almost every July.   Both are pretty normal weather events here.

Normal is average of temps on both ends of the spectrum.    I am sure you must know this Phil.    :rolleyes:

Its been a cooler than normal July through yesterday... and Wednesday through Friday of this week will probably end up below normal.    

anomimage-5.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Man, that Puget Sound breeze really helps keep your temperature in check. 91 here.

Microclimates even in summer. Never a dull moment in the PNW.

SEA has NW12G17... biting cold air coming right off the Sound.    87 degrees there.

I am sure its all UHI though.    I bet its actually 67 at Sea-Tac.     87 here as well... but I live in a concrete jungle.      

Up to 95F here in Springfield. Hottest day of the year and our 6th reading above 90F. Going to be another warmer than average month.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Man, that Puget Sound breeze really helps keep your temperature in check. 91 here.

Microclimates even in summer. Never a dull moment in the PNW.

Got up to 81 a few minutes ago now it’s 80. Only the 4th 80+ day this year and the warmest temp of the year as well.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Well, aren't you on just a little tear today. Feathers have been ruffled, it appears.

Bickering about weather preferences has been known to do that to you... Maybe take a break and jet ski a bit.

Wasn't directed at you. ;)

And I don't really care about it. I just like getting Phil riled up!