Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

The Ensembles are not very useful at such a short range, but there is still enormous spread for this weekend and early next week.

Certainly goes to show how much uncertainty there still is though.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Vancouver_Kanada_ens.png

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

The Ensembles are not very useful at such a short range, but there is still enormous spread for this weekend and early next week.

Certainly goes to show how much uncertainty there still is though.

Interesting to note that the operational is cooler and wetter than 75% of the ensemble members. Will be tough for areas already very borderline (SEA)

EC for Vancouver is notoriously conservative with these types of events. I'm sure the snowfall warning will be issued after the warning criteria snow has already fallen.

I was going to say, I can remember several times where the forecast has been similar to now and it snowing 4"+ then they put a snowfall warning up. 

Yeah I was hoping for a little more detail with their afternoon discussion. Sounds like they want to follow the Euro so there will not be as much drama. They are going extremely conservative which is fine with me! Seems like whenever they do that, someone in Western Wa will get buried! That discussion seems eerily familiar to what they had posted on that Friday in Nov 2006 when I got hammered with 1.5FT of snowfall on that Sunday into Monday. Maybe history will repeat itself!

If they're going off of the Euro, they need to increase their snow amounts for Whatcom County....

http://i59.tinypic.com/x6ewjn.png

Not sure if these were posted... but the Canadian is much better for areas to the south. Would be a nice win-win scenario if we all scored. Whatcom County is in the 8-12" range here. GFS has been the driest of all the models, but still shows 3-5 inches up this way. Considering the driest solution would double or triple our totals, along with other models showing up to a foot, I'm starting to feel pretty good about the potential. 

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vtpa9w.png

Not sure if these were posted... but the Canadian is much better for areas to the south. Would be a nice win-win scenario if we all scored. Whatcom County is in the 8-12" range here. GFS has been the driest of all the models, but still shows 3-5 inches up this way. Considering the driest solution would double or triple our totals, along with other models showing up to a foot, I'm starting to feel pretty good about the potential. 

http://models.weatherbell.com/cmc/2014022112/seattle/cmc_snow_acc_seattle_19.png

Map is not showing up.

What does the Canadian show for southern areas?

The GFS ensemble members have a lower resolution than the operational. Short term I'd just go with the operational. Wait, its the GFS...its not reliable anyway.

The GFS's higher resolution should lead to a warmer 850mb/sfc given it'll handle the terrain better.

Wow, kinda bullish on his part to go against his counterparts.

That D-bag Walter Kelly on Fox will probably predict Armageddon, he is all about hype sometimes. 

Dont get me started on Walter Kelly and that fill in weather " girl " Parella I think is her name

It is a FOX affiliate so I would expect nothing less

Dont get me started on Walter Kelly and that fill in weather " girl " Parella I think is her name

It is a FOX affiliate so I would expect nothing less

I watch him for the entertainment value.

I remember one time there was some light rain moving into Seattle Metro in the morning and he made it sound like flooding rain on I5 was gonna cause major problems.  

Based on SPC sounding currently for Hoquiam, 850's are -3 and 925 is -2 right now.

I think some rain/snow mix tomorrow here is in order if there is precip.

If this air mass coming in was replacing a mild one the chance would be much less imo. There are mixed showers out there now.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

My question is why the NWS doesn't issue at least an advisory for snow in the north sound. There is not one one model I have seen that gives Bellingham less than 3-6" of snow which seems like it would be at least advisory level.

Home Wx Station Stats (Since January 2008):

Max Temp: 96.3F (2009)   Min Temp: 2.0F (2008)   Max Wind Gust: 45 mph (2018, 2021)   Wettest Day: 2.34 (11/4/22)   Avg Yearly Precip: 37"   10yr Avg Snow: 8.0"

Snowfall Totals

'08-09: 30" | '09-10: 0.5" | '10-11: 21" | '11-12: 9.5" | '12-13: 0.2" | '13-14: 6.2" | '14-15: 0.0" | '15-16: 0.25"| '16-17: 8.0" | '17-18: 0.9"| '18-19: 11.5" | '19-20: 11" | '20-21: 10.5" | '21-22: 21.75" | '22-23: 10.0" 

2023-24: 7.0" (1/17: 3", 1/18: 1.5", 2/26: 0.5", 3/4: 2.0", Flakes: 1/11, 1/16)

This from Cliff Mass, he just issued a new blog post. Thought it was fairly balanced: 

We will be watching the models and observations over the weekend...and hopefully the forecast will become more definitive in time.  My gut feeling is that Sunday night/Monday morning will whiten up the Seattle area...but we will see.