Official Weather Complaint Thread

Geos

Ahh, complaint thread. Following this storm all week, here’s some thoughts:

**** this ******* shytstick winter hopeless bullshit brown as an unwiped ******* drier than a ******* jack links bag of jerky winter of 17-18, kiss my ******* a** and gtfoh and give me spring like weather you no good shythole model tracking showing storm for us for 4 days only to ghost us like a celebrity catfish meeting their partner garbage. Thanks.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I feel the same way ;)

Moved from the other thread cuz I wanted to stop cluttering up that one.

It is not that we're not getting snow, it is that we are not getting any appreciable precipitation while everyone to our North and East is. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that. There is not one recent Winter where that scenario has turned out well for us. So seriously, stop whining about our whining because in no way, shape, or form does it affect you.

Let's bring back this post too.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

I want snow every storm, every day of winter. This isn't fair. 30 miles to the west is getting more than me. This isn't fair. My brother lives on an island in SC and has gotten more than I have (actually true), but I live in the Midwest and it should snow 75% of the winter days!! :(

Sarcasm intended.

I want snow every storm, every day of winter. This isn't fair. 30 miles to the west is getting more than me. This isn't fair. My brother lives on an island in SC and has gotten more than I have (actually true), but I live in the Midwest and it should snow 75% of the winter days!! :(

Sarcasm intended.

Oh I'm sorry, we're not allowed to complain in the complaints thread? Did you even read the content of my posts?

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Sarcasm intended.

You’re complaint is very funny, I laughed several times.

Sarcasm intended.

• Like 1

I'd like to see him last out here.

I've lived in worse places than Nebraska. You all think you have it bad. Try living in West Texas. Or on the wrong side of cold air damning. Or on the coast where a nor Easter can bring you misery or joy. You all have no clue what it's like in a true snow hole. I just laugh at the bi polarness of this forum. It's gotten out of control the past two years. I have just learned to not care. I work in a field that's weather related, and not caring one way or the other is a much healthier lifestyle. You can't control it and can't predict it 100%, so no use complaining about it. Took me a long time to learn that but I have. Here's hoping everyone gets some snow to make the ground white at least

• Like 1

I've lived in worse places than Nebraska. You all think you have it bad. Try living in West Texas. Or on the wrong side of cold air damning. Or on the coast where a nor Easter can bring you misery or joy. You all have no clue what it's like in a true snow hole. I just laugh at the bi polarness of this forum. It's gotten out of control the past two years. I have just learned to not care. I work in a field that's weather related, and not caring one way or the other is a much healthier lifestyle. You can't control it and can't predict it 100%, so no use complaining about it. Took me a long time to learn that but I have. Here's hoping everyone gets some snow to make the ground white at least

I came here from Texas, and frankly I'd rather live there when it comes to Winter. At least back in Houston you know what to expect out of Winter. No such things as getting your hopes up. And this is a COMPLAINTS thread. So telling us to not complain is pointless and will only get us on your back more.

• Like 1

This x 100

Also, we do not expect each and every Winter to be good. That's a bad assumption. We expect at least one Winter to be above our heavily lowered average for once. I guess we can't ask for that!

You contradicted yourself in that post

“We expect one winter to be above our average”

“We do not expect each and every winter to be good.”

You contradicted yourself in that post

“We expect one winter to be above our average”

“We do not expect each and every winter to be good.”

Not really. What I meant is none of us expect every year to be super duper awesome. We just want one above average year and that'll shut us up for a couple years. I don't see how that's contradictory?

IF i have any complaint (besides the Euro showing feet of snow for mby several runs in a row turning into a whiff-turd) it's these d*mned roaster thaws. How is it winter when you build up a 15-20" snow cover but can't keep the ground from going bare during the two core months of winter?? 

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 53.1" (90% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.3 Apr: 0.1

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = 53.1" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

What I see for February is another dry, cold NW flow pattern. More NW flow isn't gonna work here, it hasn't worked all winter, and it won't work now. We are seriously on track for ANOTHER sub 20" season and it's infuriating. None of these patterns work for us. Being overly optimistic is pretty useless at this point, or at least it seems. It truly is a perfect balance of screwage. When we get SW flow any sort of blocking feature disappears and it becomes a hard cutter party and the dakotas and the northwoods get pounded while we have our dry slot drizzle and 995mb pressure. Then HP spills out of Canada and all of our systems get suppressed to the gulf coast and they get snow while we, with our 1" depth get to watch as they get their 3rd or 4th snow event on the season. While we hold out hope that a 4" "big dog" clipper comes through to save us from our subzero tundra misery. Jesus this sucks, although it's not as bad as 2017 at least. At this rate severe weather season better deliver or I'm gonna end up in a mental institution.

• Like 2

2021-22 Snowfall: (Hiawatha)

TOTAL: 10.2"

(12/28: 3.0") (12/29: 0.8") 

(1/1: 6.4")

might as well not even get excited for the 27th system. All models have been consistently showing it northwest of us. Heck, I don't even think we're in realistic contention for that one. This winter is brutal.

Remember when southeast Nebraska used to get blizzards? Pepperidge farm remembers.

It makes me sad when I look at pictures of Lincoln in the Winters before 2012. There was always so much snow cover. The reason the average has gone down is cuz of the past few Winters.

It makes me sad when I look at pictures of Lincoln in the Winters before 2012. There was always so much snow cover. The reason the average has gone down is cuz of the past few Winters.

The average you see is 1981-2010 fyi. These years wont be included until 2021.

My parents up in Yankton had like 47” last winter when we had 11”. Now they’re going to get as much from this storm as we’ve had the last 1.5 winters combined. Amazing how 100 miles can make that big of a difference.