Ground Hog Day Blizzard/Snowstorm Part II

Geos

Good to hear the snow reports already. Stay safe out there and enjoy it.

Over achieving here with temps today. More sun than predicted. Ice pack breaking up.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Bands of heavy snow keep forming and moving north.  This isn't even the main storm as I keep telling people.  It will really deepen in Kansas tonight and tomorrow then the winds will come up with the heavy snow.  Grocery stores are running low on milk from what my para told me.  Teachers that don't live here and drive a distance have already went home.  We only have 10 MPH winds with this heavy snow.  

• Like 1

4k nam much less over south eastern nebraska

It's to the point where that is almost irrelevant. Its almost snowing, it's all about to HRRR, RAP, RGEM, and radar right now. Pretty sure no model had this thing sagging and getting down to 987 like we're seeing now.

Heavy snow with 1/2 mile visibility.  Getting nasty but wind is still North at just 14 MPH.  Waiting for the storm to emerge from the Rockies tonight then explode.  I will try and post as many pictures as I can in the coming days and will give you updates.  This is not meant to make anyone feel bad about missing the storm, I know I have been on the bad side of many of those, it is just to share information about an epic storm to hit this region.  

• Like 7

Heavy snow with 1/2 mile visibility.  Getting nasty but wind is still North at just 14 MPH.  Waiting for the storm to emerge from the Rockies tonight then explode.  I will try and post as many pictures as I can in the coming days and will give you updates.  This is not meant to make anyone feel bad about missing the storm, I know I have been on the bad side of many of those, it is just to share information about an epic storm to hit this region.  

Enjoy man.  Nobody should take some else getting blasted personally

My wife is teacher at Columbus, they have already closed school for tomorrow. That never happens! They never ever close school, I'm sure we will cancel too. My varsity basketball game got canceled also, I'm pretty bummed because we won't be able to make it up since the season is coming to and end and there is no room on the schedule! 

wow that looks good for even over here in Omaha! high probs of 8" and mod probs of 12"!

Not surprised. I'm on mobile, but to my knowledge the lack of snow totals here on the models is because of the dry air punch, which again is a fluke (according to flowers), furthermore, models suck in this range, and basing this off of the Short range (RAP, RGEM), we're solid out here boys.

• Like 1