January Weather In the PNW

stuffradio

Programmers invented the ignore function for a reason.

It gets to the point where people shouldn’t be expected to constantly ignore someone lest this pace go off like a powderkeg. At a certain point the person who we’re all just supposed to ignore should be dealt with.

People who are sick of Tim’s antics, speak up. Don’t just PM me like has been going on the last few days.

It gets to the point where people shouldn’t be expected to constantly ignore someone lest this pace go off like a powderkeg. At a certain point the person who we’re all just supposed to ignore should be dealt with.

People who are sick of Tim’s antics, speak up. Don’t just PM me like has been going on the last few days.

Really Jesse?   Same thing on my end.   Just stop.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Should be some excellent skiing at Snoqualmie...40’s and slushy slopes!

This will be our 6th dull and boring (western wa) January in a row!

Perhaps a late Feb. 2011 redux will still happen!

My kids finally got out of the house today and went up there... they said the snow conditions are not too good and its really warm.

summit.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Only broke the daily record by four so far.

And only two off the monthly record.

Kinda underwhelming.

Thanks for the perspective.   Impressive.  

I was under the impresson this winter had been an unmitigated blowtorch to this point...

Compared to all of our expectations... probably a good description.

Wish I would have brought shorts to work, it’s down right warm in the sun!

Reminds me of one of the most enjoyable aspects of a PNW cold snap... Tim telling us how despite the fact temperatures are in the 20's it actually feels very pleasant in direct sunlight with no wind.

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Reminds me of one of the most enjoyable aspects of a PNW cold snap... Tim telling us how despite the fact temperatures are in the 20's it actually feels very pleasant in direct sunlight with no wind.

This is true.

That feels much better than 40s with wind and rain. Its not even close. :)

Wait, so you're saying -PNA usually means troughing in the West???

Yes. A full latitude western North American trough won’t arise from a +PNA, however, a GOA/NPAC trough and stormy W/SW flow into BC/PNW coast certainly can.

Huge difference, synoptically speaking.

This map is much better.

30dTDataUS.png

This one is more interesting, academically speaking.

Seattle has been warmer than Charleston this month. :lol:

sUKv3bh.png