April Weather in the Pacific Northwest

stuffradio

Tomorrow looks warmer than today for Wilsonville north.

Could be. All depends on the timing of the southerly push.

Right now things would appear to be running a little ahead of schedule with the progression of the thermal trough. AST was expected to be in the low 70s today, but they topped out in the mid-60s and are now down to 57.

Temperature pushed its way up to 76 currently. Just slightly cooler than yesterday with the NE breeze blowing in. Lot of upper 60s from North Seattle on northward.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Could be. All depends on the timing of the southerly push.

Right now things would appear to be running a little ahead of schedule with the progression of the thermal trough. AST was expected to be in the low 70s today, but they topped out in the mid-60s and are now down to 57.

I'd be careful using Astoria as lifeline. The coastal inversion is currently extremely shallow.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

I'd be careful using Astoria as lifeline. The coastal inversion is currently extremely shallow.

A lifeline?

The fact that they switched to onshore flow today still indicates that the thermal trough is a bit further north and east than anticipated. Of course that could mean nothing for tomorrow.

A lifeline?

The fact that they switched to onshore flow today still indicates that the thermal trough is a bit further north and east than anticipated. Of course that could mean nothing for tomorrow.

Hoquiam was kind of interesting. They popped into the low 70's early this afternoon then fell into the 50's, now back into the mid 70's. Illustrates the meandering surface pattern pretty well.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

86. Warmest day of the year so far.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

50 at Newport! Road Trip!

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Three straight 80'$ in April doesn't happen very often.

Yeah, I thought about doing some research earlier to see how often it had happened. 

Then I realized you only had to go back to 2016 for four straight 80s in April. That might have been the most impressive April heatwave on record for PDX, though.

A forum for the end of the world.

It's already too hot. Got this new costco cooling shirt. It works ok, Def not cooling enough

It was 75 at SEA today.

Good Lord.

Even Fairbanks residents don't complain about 75.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Fairly good ensemble agreement for another long lived warm spell starting next week.

Definitely a good sign for a lot of {insert preference here} this summer!

Variety!  

Something other than 40s and 50s with rain or rain threatening that we have the rest of the year.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Variety!  

Something other than 40s and 50s with rain or rain threatening that we have the rest of the year.

SEA already has ten 60+ days this month. With a few more in March. And it's not even close to summer yet.

Even when your area is getting the weather you want, and you're not even there, you find a way to be negative. Truly talented!

SEA already has ten 60+ days this month. With a few more in March. And it's not even close to summer yet.

Even when your area is getting the weather you want, and you're not even there, you find a way to be negative. Truly talented!

Oh yeah.... I forgot all about the last 8 months of rain because I left earlier today.   :lol:

I understand that is normal weather... and also why most people crave something other than that weather during summer.   But hey... if you want 40s and 50s all summer with endless clouds and rain on 85% of the days than Juneau is calling you because its not normal in our area.

Side note... the recurrence of warm weather since January has me encouraged for the summer. 

Years like 2010 and 2011 did not have that at all.

Oh yeah.... I forgot all about the last 8 months of rain because I left earlier today.   :lol:

I understand that is normal weather... and also why most people crave something other than that weather during summer.   But hey... if you want 40s and 50s all summer with endless clouds and rain on 85% of the days than Juneau is calling you because its not normal in our area.

It's just mildly annoying and inaccurate how you act like it's non-stop rain from Oct-May. Nov-Feb is consistently quite rainy, on average (though this December had an unusual 2 week dry streak).

But there is, on average, a lot more variability other months than you often give them credit for. 

Side note... the recurrence of warm weather since January has me encouraged for the summer. 

Years like 2010 and 2011 did not have that at all.

2010 had a record warm January/ February combo. A lot of March was also pretty warm.

Really looking forward to the Friday-Monday period.

I am really looking forward to the Tuesday and beyond period.    Looks great and maybe not so extreme.    Extreme heat tends to bring much gloomier crashes.   I am all about stable warmth... not extreme heat.  :)

I am really looking forward to the Tuesday and beyond period.    Looks great and maybe not so extreme.    Extreme heat tends to bring much gloomier crashes.   I am all about stable warmth... not extreme heat.  :)

Don't you have anything better to do on vaca than hang out here?

It's just mildly annoying and inaccurate how you act like it's non-stop rain from Oct-May. Nov-Feb is consistently quite rainy, on average (though this December had an unusual 2 week dry streak).

But there is, on average, a lot more variability many of the other months than you often give it credit for. 

It feels like it rains all the time from October through April.    Its dark and wet for a good portion of that time.

And that is 100% normal weather in our climate. 

So I think its reasonable to not want dark and wet from May - September.       ;)

Don't you have anything better to do on vaca than hang out here?

Almost 10 p.m. here and everyone has crashed... we were up at 3 a.m.