August 2018 Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

There was some light drizzle at home today. Problem solved?

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

EPS, like the Euro, is much cooler for next weekend than the GEFS and GEPS.

Yeah... it was the same thing for early next week a few days ago. And it definitely looks cold and wet now!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Yep. This whole side of the country has been completely deep-fried. The perma-ridge is expanding and still flexing its nuts over us.

They say droughts typically last 7 yrs if not a longer term climate change. Didn’t the central part of the US (Texas, Oklahoma, and adjacent states) go trough a roughly 7 year period of drought a few years back? I am just speaking off the top of my head and have no idea if these recent longer pattern setups due to recent climate changes are related.

The 12z EURO is showing 90+ weather for PDX this Monday to Thursday with Wednesday getting into the triple digits. The heatwave could possibly even start this weekend as PDX gets to 88, TTD to 89. Can't wait for another heatwave, past couple days have sucked for me.

We need a repeat of the August 1981 heatwave to make up for this travesty. I mean what the **** does it take to get some sun around here???????????? Been cloudy for like 10 straight hours!

• Like 4

If SEA can manage a sub-70 high, it will be their first since June.

Seems likely with this solid cloud cover.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Broken out of the clouds in the south valley. A pleasant 73F. Beautiful.

Edit: I can see the deck of marine clouds just a bit to the north between Junction City and Corvallis.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

The 12z EURO is showing 90+ weather for PDX this Monday to Thursday with Wednesday getting into the triple digits. The heatwave could possibly even start this weekend as PDX gets to 88, TTD to 89. Can't wait for another heatwave, past couple days have sucked for me.

Partly cloudy and 70’s is pretty terrible. Hope things improve for you.

We need a repeat of the August 1981 heatwave to make up for this travesty. I mean what the **** does it take to get some sun around here???????????? Been cloudy for like 10 straight hours!

Partly cloudy and 70’s is pretty terrible. Hope things improve for you.

In the summer I prefer sunshine. I don't really care if it's hot, I just want sun. Heat almost always means sun here so that's why I root for it. My mood goes down when I don't see the sun in the summer. It is what it is. I've had a busy week at work and going out for lunch and seeing the sun helps a lot during the day. The sun improves my productivity and energizes me to get stuff done.

Also today looks like it will finish with a -10 high departure for PDX. That's not normal this time of year.

• Like 1

In the summer I prefer sunshine. I don't really care if it's hot, I just want sun. Heat almost always means sun here so that's why I root for it. My mood goes down when I don't see the sun in the summer. It is what it is. I've had a busy week at work and going out for lunch and seeing the sun helps a lot during the day. The sun improves my productivity and energizes me to get stuff done.

Also today looks like it will finish with a -10 high departure for PDX. That's not normal this time of year.

Been pretty trying. I threw up three times today from the temperatures.

18z GFS long range is depressing and awful too. F)ck this climate.

65 for a high today here. Just had a little more drizzle. Not one hint of sun today. Felt more like late May or early June.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

78 in Eugene B) On my way up there from sizzling CA tomorrow.

Weather has been perfect here. Cooler than PDX during the heatwaves and we broke out of the marine clouds first today.

Also, please bring me some In-N-Out

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Been pretty trying. I threw up three times today from the temperatures.

18z GFS long range is depressing and awful too. F)ck this climate.

Neither are triple crown heatwaves, but you seem ok with those.

Well they don't call it June Gloom or in this case Sog-gust for a reason. Some people dislike this type of weather.

Last year at this time we were at 103 degrees with sun. Fast forward a year later and it's the complete opposite. Taking high temperatures out of the equation, most people would prefer sun to overcast clouds in the summer time.

Stage is set for a new-climate impossibility for tomorrow.

Anybody up for a Marine Drive meet up near the PDX sensor to watch the 69 degree ball drop? I'll bring day old donuts from the Albertsons bakery.

It would be pretty ironic if we roast all summer long but on August 3rd which is on average the warmest day of the year for both SEA and PDX, that we don't even make it out of the 60s. Now that would be something.

If one cloudy day during months of record heat and dry gets you down, I have no idea how you get through the winter. You can get lights for your desk that simulate the sun. My wife has one, she used it almost every morning last winter.
  • Like 2

Well they don't call it June Gloom or in this case Sog-gust for a reason. Some people dislike this type of weather.

Last year at this time we were at 103 degrees with sun. Fast forward a year later and it's the complete opposite. Taking high temperatures out of the equation, most people would prefer sun to overcast clouds in the summer time.

Sure, but...it's not like you've had a lack of sun this summer. Complaining after a couple days of clouds, when you've had tons of sunshine and multiple heatwaves with more on the horizon, just seems odd.

Then again, crackheads always want more crack.

A forum for the end of the world.

If one cloudy day during months of record heat and dry gets you down, I have no idea how you get through the winter. You can get lights for your desk that simulate the sun. My wife has one, she used it almost every morning last winter.

He's either a first class troll or needs to move to Phoenix.

Oh wait, Medford is now Phoenix.

#lol

A forum for the end of the world.