2/23 - 2/24 Central Plains/Midwest Blizzard

Tom

Measured between 6-7” at my place. Hard to measure of course. Was surprised to have that much! Snow is very light and fluffy now and really blowing around. Temp down to 21.6. Going to be a lot of drifting overnight into tomorrow.

Man that was a quick storm lol, have around 6.5 inches here so your not alone in that measurement. We could MAYBE eek out another half to inch of snow if were lucky. Overall, fun storm! Enjoyed it.

2018-2019 Snowfall Totals So Far : 59.5"

For More Winter Weather Forecasts for 2017-2018 :

https://www.facebook.com/snowdayweather/

Boone,IA- (W of AMES) 52KT (60mph) wind gust 5 minutes ago. Pressure gradient tightening in C.IA as I write.-- and FTR I'am in MPLS- but keeping my wife posted.

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Hey everyone, what about that KING EURO that was supposed to be right last night huh? Haha.

Way to be mature and gloat. Sounds about right knowing and reading the things I have about you. The GFS may have been closer but a blend is the winner. ENJOY your snow, I hope a dome goes over your place and only your place. At least the other Nebraskans are decent and aren't glorified online fame chasers like yourself. Good night, sir! (Not even sure you deserve a sir)

^ It still is better ( someone trashing the Euro) / more consistent than any domestic - even with this storm and is doing very well  in C.IA- ala the GFS had ZERO snow here last night at this time. 

• Like 1

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Way to be mature and gloat. Sounds about right knowing and reading the things I have about you. The GFS may have been closer but a blend is the winner. ENJOY your snow, I hope a dome goes over your place and only your place. At least the other Nebraskans are decent and aren't glorified online fame chasers like yourself. Good night, sir! (Not even sure you deserve a sir)

Wow really? Come on man, take a joke jeez lol. Don't be so serious. 

Just f'n stop this crap already, guys.  If you don't like Craig, ignore him.  I'm sick of having to read through this petty BS.

• Like 3

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I will take a joke from anyone but YOU! You have proven to be irresponsible and disrespectful, so no thank you. Sorry that other Nebraskans and Omahans have to deal with you more than I do!

how%2Brude.jpg

Ive been in the recording studio in Marion, IA a lot the past couple days so havent been able to keep up a lot with this storm. My drive home tonight was crazy though. All rain til about Warerloo and it went to ice and then about 10 miles west of Waterloo blinding snow from there all the way home. I actually didnt know if I was gonna make it home. Just insane rates. And its real heavy wet snow. I did make it home though. Eyeballing about 2" already but the wind is light yet. Would not wanna be out in this tonight and glad Im home.

Updates from DMX. Wow 2-3"/hr rates!
Heavy snow continues over western, northwestern and north central
Iowa at this time. Snowfall rates of two to three inches per hour
are very common. Increasing winds will lead to widespread blowing
and drifting snow with blizzard conditions along and north of an
Atlantic to Ames to Waverly line overnight tonight into Sunday.
Rain and a wintry mix is changing over to snow over portions of
central and east central Iowa.

The axis of heaviest snow is expected to fall from Denison and
Carroll north and east through Fort Dodge, Algona and Mason City
where eight to twelve inches may fall. One to three tiers of
counties either side of these areas confidence is lower due to a
sharp gradient in expected snowfall where amounts could
potentially vary one to four inches just across one county.
Regardless of how much snow falls, wind gusts of 35 to 50 mph
later tonight into Sunday will produce blizzard conditions where
more than several inches of snow has fallen. Blowing and drifting
snow will continue into Sunday even after the snowfall has ended.
Travel will be very difficult to dangerous for much of tonight as
well as Sunday.

Most of you should be out frolicking around in this stuff rather than some stupid argument. Lawn chair on deck taking it in...

Agreed. This is amazing. Pounding here and Im gonna go out in a bit and walk around the neighborhood and get a measurement. Even though I just drove in it, that wasn't enjoyable.....but now Im home so it is. Lol

• Like 1

I would not have complained if this storm nailed Cedar Rapids, but today I've actually enjoyed watching the snowstorm from afar, knowing I finally get a break from blowing and shoveling.  Today's rain also has me ready for thunderstorm/heavy rain season.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"