July 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Multiple stations in Springfield have hit 90F.

• Like 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Only 10+ degrees above average throughout the region. If that’s what it takes to be perfect you are probably living in the wrong climate.

Give it a rest. It is 80 at my house and sunny...The horror of it.
  • Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Something like Redding but hotter and wetter.

A Redding winter averages about 6-7 degrees warmer than a Portland winter. If your idea of perfect is even warmer, you’re probably living in the wrong climate. ;)

By your logic, if one considers snow to be ideal lowland western PNW winter weather, they should move.

A Redding winter averages about 6-7 degrees warmer than a Portland winter. If your idea of perfect is even warmer, you’re probably living in the wrong climate. ;)

By your logic, if one considers snow to be ideal PNW winter weather, they should move.

If there was someone who complained endlessly if it was anything short of the coldest and snowiest winter on record every year, and even a slightly below average winter was too warm for them, yeah, moving might be a good idea. Fortunately I like 40s and rainstorms too.

If there was someone who complained endlessly if it was anything short of the coldest and snowiest winter on record every year, and even a slightly below average winter was too warm for them, yeah, moving might be a good idea. Fortunately I like 40s and rainstorms too.

If you lived in my corner of the metro and got 2” the entire winter while watching literally everywhere else in the western US get bombarded, I’m sure you’d be pretty pissed too.

If you lived in my corner of the metro and got 2” the entire winter while watching literally everywhere else in the western US get bombarded, I’m sure you’d be pretty pissed too.

We had broccolini as a side with dinner last night. Did you hear they might make a high speed rail line between Portland and Seattle?

I wonder if Jesse would say today was "perfect" if it was 72 in Portland. 10 degrees below normal. Likely would.

Jesse is now the reinging king of the opinion police.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I wonder if Jesse would say today was "perfect" if it was 72 in Portland. 10 degrees below normal. Likely would.

Jesse is now the reinging king of the opinion police.

I think that title goes to you or Phil.. Although Omegaraptor shows promise as a potential successor.

I think that title goes to you as usual. Although Omegataptor shows promise as a potential successor.

LMAO. Show me a recent post where I have policed someone else’s opinion. I even said earlier in this thread that I respected your opinion on summer weather.

LMAO. Show me a recent post where I have policed someone else’s opinion. I even said earlier in this thread that I respected your opinion on summer weather.

I can think of a few “our winters need to be rainier” scuffles you’ve had with Tim right off the top of my head.

Yeah, still pissed over that. It was insanely bad luck, don't think it's happened to Seattle or Eugene in a while (missing out on major snow events within miles more than twice in a season).

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Just made it to Detroit lake. Beautiful day. My non trustworthy car thermometer says it is 88.

My car thermometer said it was 102°F in my area on March 20 during the warm event.

I’ve been trying to get the NWS to accept that as the heat record for Oregon in March, but to no avail.

• Like 1

Your area seems to run cooler than surrounding places. SEA is at 87 and OLM is at 85.

I’m less than a mile from the Puget Sound. I run cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter generally.
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0