Just a dusting of snow yesterday evening. Was fun to get something out of this at the very least. Very cold 23 degrees after a what will likely be the high temp of 27 at midnight. It looks like we’re still potentially close enough here in the south sound for a little something this weekend but we will see not counting on that. 

• Like 3

Very slight shift south on the 12Z ICON.   Definitely didn't trend north.  

icon-all-nw-precip_6hr_inch-5201200.png

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just about down to freezing at 600’ in the west hills. 33 currently. Seems like the cold air is a touch faster than NWS was forecasting. 

image.png

• Like 2

Location 850’ NW Hills in Portland

7 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

8.2˚F, a notch colder than I reached in 2021. And I see BLI has now tied its 2021 low as well.

Actually they have blown right by it.

The 4 degrees there is now their coldest temperature since they hit 4 in November 1985.

And they're doing this just with CAA and with no snowcover.

Edited by BLI snowman
  • Like 5

ICON is definitely trending toward less precip and lower snow amounts in the Portland area.

icon-all-or_wa-total_snow_10to1-5212000.png

icon-all-or_wa-total_snow_10to1-1705060800-1705212000-1705212000-10.gif

• Sad 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

36 minutes ago, Prairiedog said:

Warm nose right over the top of my house.  Right on schedule.  I would expect nothing less.  Earlier it looked like I might escape it.  Nope.

This is looking like another Feb 2021 for us. At least I’m prepared this go around! 

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

ICON is definitely trending toward less precip and lower snow amounts in the Portland area.

Pretty rock solid agreement on a general 4-6" now across all models. Some heavier totals in favored places west of I-5. Looking like a good event.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BLI snowman said:

Pretty rock solid agreement on a general 4-6" now across all models. Some heavier totals in favored places west of I-5. Looking like a good event.

4-6" would be fantastic, especially with the forecasting 50mph gusts here. How would this compare to the Feb 1989 storm for here at least? I know 1989 was a lot colder at least, but I think snow totals at least locally should be similar?

• Like 1

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This will be the coldest blast to hit the area in many years. Some places in Washington might sneak up to that all time low.

And now we don't have to talk about the January curse any more! 

• Like 1
  • Sick 1
  • bongocat-test 1

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

It’ll be interesting! All the models have right now for moisture is some buoy data and incomplete satellite measurements. This is theoretically where Spire should do really well as they’ll have much better initialization data. We’ll only really know once the front gets over land, good times!

• Like 3

Location 850’ NW Hills in Portland

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

lamelame

You said your snow is coming tomorrow... patience.  

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

The 3 in Bellingham I think is the coldest outflow since 1990

Colder than 1990, it's their coldest temp in general since Jan 1982. This blast is pretty amazing

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doinko said:

4-6" would be fantastic, especially with the forecasting 50mph gusts here. How would this compare to the Feb 1989 storm for here at least? I know 1989 was a lot colder at least, but I think snow totals at least locally should be similar?

Yeah, I think your area pulled off 4-5" with that event. This storm is looking a little juicier.

30 degrees here, arctic air has not made it yet. 3" of new snow last night giving me a snow depth of 13". Huge snowstorm is coming in Central oregon, this kind of setup could give me 2+ feet of snow, we'll see if I'm right...

• Like 6

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!

8 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Yeah, I think your area pulled off 4-5" with that event. This storm is looking a little juicier.

Should be fantastic even if we get some sleet mixed in. 50mph gusts, temps in the teens and blowing snow/sleet. I wonder if we'll meet official blizzard criteria

• Like 2

What did everyone in the Seattle area end up with last night? I was looking at the radar and it looked like yall were getting more snow than forecast.

• Like 3

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated April 29th) 88"

Snow depth at my home (updated April 29th) late season 1"!

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated April 29th) 92"!!