February 2024 Weather in the PNW

1 minute ago, Meatyorologist said:

I've never interpreted anything Tim does as mockery. Maybe those warm EPS maps he posts when he's excited for the first heatwave of Spring lack some necessary room reading, but I doubt he's attaching much emotional baggage or putting any ill intention into what he says.

I really have nothing to say to this. We must be experiencing different realities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

10 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

I mean I get it. When life gives you lemons make lemonade. There’s not a lot that many of us as individuals can do about a warming regional climate, so might as well reap what benefits we can from it. I myself have been guilty of taking advantage of low snow conditions to access favorite hiking spots out of season. Believe it or not I also understand why people would get into gardening as another way to embrace the possible benefits of local warming.

Maybe this is my downfall, but for me it comes down to attitude. It’s like there are some folks who get a sort of sadistic joy from fully embracing/celebrating the rapid warming of our climate just because it upsets those who’s different opinions they view as silly or trivial. Their sadness of losing favorite spots to fire or drought is worthy of mockery, because nature is always changing. As if no one is aware of this fact. But then these same folks turn around and scream for opinion immunity when their own silly and trivial, and arguably much smaller and more selfish concerns, like a rained out summer weekend, come into play. I can’t see how that isn’t a double standard.

Is this why you constantly make Tiger your punching bag? 

This post would carry a lot of rational weight if you didn’t yourself wade deep into the waters of double standards.

• Like 6
  • Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1
  • Shivering 1
  • Spam 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

7 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I've never interpreted anything Tim does as mockery. Maybe those warm EPS maps he posts when he's excited for the first heatwave of Spring lack some necessary room reading, but I doubt he's attaching much emotional baggage or putting any ill intention into what he says.

200w (1).gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I look forward to our warm spells... that is 100% genuine.    And I despise summer heat and fires and that is also 100% genuine.    I am not going to ignore warm EPS runs because that reality might offend a few people.   There are enough people on here who want to fully discuss the upcoming weather patterns regardless of personal preferences.

• Like 5

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

23 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Massive 18Z GFS is running and will be getting to the good stuff soon.  You can cut the tension with a knife. 

I'm not sure massive is the right description for a long range prediction by the 18z GFS. Given how the 00z and 12z can't even get inside 24 hour snowfall predictions correct (and the known cut-off bias of the GFS in late winter and early spring), I'd take whatever it says with a grain of salt. The 00z and 12z EPS, GEFS, and CMCE are the things to watch right now.

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Is this why you constantly make Tiger your punching bag? 

This post would carry a lot of rational weight if you didn’t yourself wade deep into the waters of double standards.

I’ve been making a conscious effort to be a lot better in that respect, not just for more rational weight for my postings but because it’s a pathway to being a better person.

But on the other hand c’mon. Tiger’s angle here is pretty transparent sometimes and I think he’s hoping for attention to some degree. Aside from the blowing out of proportion of how terrible the south valley climate is compared to literally anywhere else, I think he’s a really good guy. I have personally helped him out with cash for a rain gage and have nothing but nice things to say to/about him when he’s not doing the shtick.

It’s pretty hard to find anyone here (or anywhere really) who entirely avoids the pitfalls of double standards, yourself included. For a self-appointed forum moderator you sure seem to let a lot slide from the sunshine crowd while coming down pretty hard on the other “side” quite regularly. If you’re going to play umpire here (sports reference!), call it both ways.

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

For a self-appointed forum moderator you sure seem to let a lot slide from the sunshine crowd while coming down pretty hard on the other “side” quite regularly. If you’re going to play umpire here (sports reference!), call it both ways.

Because you literally never stop complaining about this stuff... acting like you are being always being persecuted.   And begging for Matt's approval.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

200w (1).gif

There have been single days in the past few weeks alone littered with dozens of personal attacks/mockery. Even Fred stepped in one day. I only see the stuff when it’s quoted, but man, I’ve worked pretty hard to build a teflon exterior with the stuff flung my way in a day to day basis. It’s almost endless. And during darker times in the forum, each one of those posts would have been responded to, leading to pages of arguing. One of us had to finally shut up. You can guess which one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • lol 2
  • Snow 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

There have been single days in the past few weeks alone littered with dozens of personal attacks/mockery. Even Fred stepped in one day. I only see the stuff when it’s quoted, but man, I’ve worked pretty hard to build a teflon exterior with the stuff flung my way in a day to day basis. It’s almost endless. And during darker times in the forum, each one of those posts would have been responded to, leading to pages of arguing. One of us had to finally shut up. You can guess which one.

😀

Really Jesse?   You just need a villain.   Show me one post where I attacked someone personally.     None of that happened.   Literally none of it.   And Fred did not step in... he posted a typical sarcastic comment as he does to many of us.  

You specifically called out San Diego transplants.   So as one of those... I responded saying your take is silly.    Most transplants moved here because they wanted more rainy/cloudy weather.  They chose it.  As opposed to those born here.     That is a personal attack thrown your way? 

You are made of eggshells and love to throw rocks.    You throw rocks and then hide behind an ignore button.   Craziness.  

Just now, Cascadia_Wx said:

I’ve been making a conscious effort to be a lot better in that respect, not just for more rational weight for my postings but because it’s a pathway to being a better person.

But on the other hand c’mon. Tiger’s angle here is pretty transparent sometimes and I think he’s hoping for attention to some degree. Aside from the blowing out of proportion of how terrible the south valley climate is compared to literally anywhere else, I think he’s a really good guy. I have personally helped him out with cash for a rain gage and have nothing but nice things to say to/about him when he’s not doing the shtick.

It’s pretty hard to find anyone here (or anywhere really) who entirely avoids the pitfalls of double standards, yourself included. For a self-appointed forum moderator you sure seem to let a lot slide from the sunshine crowd while coming down pretty hard on the other “side” quite regularly. If you’re going to play umpire here (sports reference!), call it both ways.

We all have a shtick here, not sure why he or anyone else would be treated so differently.

I’ve just never understood how you can be so turtled as a battered climate wife victimized by the big bad sun lovers, but then immediately turn around and be so alpha male toward others because they don’t weenie right. Those of us who snark kinda have to expect a little (lot) of snark in return. 

• Like 7
  • Popcorn 1

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

We all have a shtick here, not sure why he or anyone else would be treated so differently.

I’ve just never understood how you can be so turtled as a battered climate wife victimized by the big bad sun lovers, but then immediately turn around and be so alpha male toward others because they don’t weenie right. Those of us who snark kinda have to expect a little (lot) of snark in return. 

There’s someone loving 🥰 this post who you could say the exact same thing to. Or many other posters here. Just reverse preferences. Your opinion would hold a lot more weight if you could clearly see it from both sides, despite the fact that you have done a VERY good job at convincing yourself that you do.

I guess maybe I should be flattered to a degree that I seem to be your main project here?

1 minute ago, TacomaWx said:

Lord please give us some more interesting weather. Everyone starts fighting when things get slow 😂

I need to get outside. It’s not a bad day out by any means. Hope PDX can stay sub-50 another day!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poulsbo Snowman said:

I'll come back later when weather is being discussed.

I apologize for my role in this. Things kind of got carried away, but in a lot of ways it’s been a pretty interesting discussion!

• Spam 1

I apologize for my role in this. Things kind of got carried away, but in a lot of ways it’s been a pretty interesting discussion!

You are made of eggshells and love to throw rocks.    You throw rocks and then hide behind an ignore button.   Such a saint!  

4 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

There’s someone loving 🥰 this post who you could say the exact same thing to. Or many other posters here. Just reverse preferences. Your opinion would hold a lot more weight if you could clearly see it from both sides, despite the fact that you have done a VERY good job at convincing yourself that you do.

I guess maybe I should be flattered to a degree that I seem to be your main project here?

You’re local! I can’t relate to those nutty Sounders…

And I’ve said it many times in the past, much to your disliking. You and Tim are a lot alike. He agrees, you do NOT…

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Just now, ShawniganLake said:

Wow. A little summer preview in early March on the long range GFS. 😯 

That would be miserable preview of summer.  

• Shivering 1

1 minute ago, ShawniganLake said:

Wow. A little summer preview in early March on the long range GFS. 😯 

Might be time to launch the jetski! 

IMG_2820.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Troll 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, Deweydog said:

And I’ve said it many times in the past, much to your disliking. You and Tim are a lot alike. He agrees, you do NOT…

The sad part is the passive-aggressiveness of always stirring things up but never quoting me or talking to me.   When people actually have conversations then things are diffused.   He doesn't want that.   He just wants to hate me.   

• bongocat-test 1

5 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Thanks to the rippin’ outflow here in the Fraser Valley—it’s calm now— it’s so dry that forecasted rain didn’t materialize. Took my lovely young ladies for a hike.

IMG_4064.jpeg

Well that literally can't be any more cute.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Compared to what the EPS looks like, this has no chance

IMG_8186.png

0% chance based on the EPS.

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

So he sees himself as a petty, overly sensitive self-victimizer who is passive aggressive but acts like they’re a saint, always throwing rocks while made of eggshells? (all from posts TODAY folks, from the guy who never personally attacks anyone 😇) Interesting…

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

It’s gonna be another week or so. 😂 

Atleast we’re catching up on some mountain snows…hopefully can bump us a little closer to average regionally in the next couple weeks. Maybe some lowland snow for some of us or our resident foothill overlords but we will see. 

• Like 2

So he sees himself as a petty, overly sensitive self-victimizer who is passive aggressive but acts like they’re a saint, always throwing rocks while made of eggshells? (all from posts TODAY folks, from the guy who never personally attacks anyone 😇) Interesting…

And please don’t bother to respond to this Matt. I know you will do the typical trick of not addressing the point I’m making and somehow deflecting to another topic that puts me in a less favorable light while somehow getting another nice juicy jab on my personality in there too. I can already imagine your response without having to read it.

• Troll 1

20 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Interestingly... no one quoted that post where I said that so you don't have ignore set. 

And you do throw rocks.  That is a just a reality... not attacking you.  How can you be so aggressive and so victimized and yet only see one of those sides??  Baffling.  

16 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

And please don’t bother to respond to this Matt. I know you will do the typical trick of not addressing the point I’m making and somehow deflecting to another topic that puts me in a less favorable light while somehow getting another nice juicy jab on my personality in there too. I can already imagine your response without having to read it.

Side note... please find one post where I personally "attacked" anyone on here.  You are pretending I am attacking you but won't have a conversation with me.   Which seems beyond silly.   Like stuff my daughter does with her middle school friends.