2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

5 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Hot take: Downvoting is about 1000 times less obtrusive than making dozens of posts every day complaining about it.

It has been mentioned many times in recent days by different people and I did not bring it up today.    Maybe we are just concerned about someone who feels compelled to downvote 400 times a day?   It certainly is not proving a point anyone... just raising eyebrows.   We are here for you.   We accept your preferences.   

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I see why Tim craves that little slice of summer now. D**n that’s a lot of water.

Also interesting how the lags in seasonality reverse from fall to spring.

IMG_0585.png

IMG_0589.jpegIMG_0587.jpeg

I would assume Tim’s location gets more than 10” of rain in November 🌧️ 

4 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

I would assume Tim’s location gets more than 10” of rain in November 🌧️ 

Actually North Bend averages less.   Long term November average is 8.84 inches in North Bend.    Definitely over 10 in my area though.    But we have a better chance of clear skies and we get less rain than Phil's location in the all important summer months when the days are long! 

• Rain 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, ShawniganLake said:

BC vineyards in the interior are forecasting a 97-99% loss of this years grape harvest due to the January cold snap. 

Yay, less alcohol in this world!! It's a waste of money anyways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Coldest temp this winter: -7 Jan 13th

Snow depth at Mount Bachelor (last updated March 27th) 107"

Snow depth at my home (updated March 27th): none

23-24 seasonal snowfall at home (updated March 27th): 84"

1 minute ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Shame, it seems like they got rid of those nice easy to read snowpack maps that were divided up by basin. That or they changed their location and my old link doesn’t work anymore.

Yeah the link I'd go to doesn't work anymore too, it's so stupid how often they get rid of good tools. 

Remember when the NWS actually had a good radar website? The current radar.weather.gov is TERRIBLE.

10 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Nice to see the passes already doing well with this system.

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

Here you go! Since nobody cares about Oregon passes anyway. 

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

• Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I think if we pray hard enough PDX could top 75F this weekend and that would ensure Jesse is miserable.  🙏 

One can dream.

It's going to hit 80 at PDX this weekend, and Cascadia_Wx will be so miserable that he ends up moving to Barrow Alaska. ITS COMING!!!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • bongocat-test 1

6 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

One can dream.

It's going to hit 80 at PDX this weekend, and Cascadia_Wx will be so miserable that he ends up moving to Barrow Alaska. ITS COMING!!!

He used to make a lot of noise about moving to Montana but that seems to have passed over the years. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

I think if we pray hard enough PDX could top 75F this weekend and that would ensure Jesse is miserable.  🙏 

17 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

One can dream.

Guessing this is not about personal preferences... but the downvoting of every single post from anyone mentioning enjoying nice weather.    People end up cheering against the downvoter.   :(

• Like 1
  • Spam 1

Chilly day!

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

He used to make a lot of noise about moving to Montana but that seems to have passed over the years. 

The longer I have lived in the Portland area the more I love it and come to appreciate my deep roots here. Plus I have a lot of friends and family close by.  My paternal grandparents are in their mid-80s now. They live about 3 miles away, and I help them out quite a bit with shopping trips and such these days.

• Like 4

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

20 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Shame, it seems like they got rid of those nice easy to read snowpack maps that were divided up by basin. That or they changed their location and my old link doesn’t work anymore.

You probably know about it already, but this site seems to work OK for me: https://nwcc-apps.sc.egov.usda.gov/imap/

I like how configurable it is. It can show SWE by basin, or individual snow amounts by station, among much else.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:43 PM, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Vietnam does have some highland areas where it is possible to escape the heat that afflicts much of the country. Not sure if your schedule will allow a visit to them. There is (was?) a Vietnamese-American contributor here who posted some pics from the Vietnam highlands once.

Definitely! I’ve been to the highlands there during my last 2 trips last year. Da Lat is the highlands city I went to and the climate is very much like PNW. Planning on it again this time. A breath of fresh air. 

Wedding pics I shared to the forums couple years ago was also from the same city. Just stunning. 

• Like 5

Just now, Cloud said:

Definitely! I’ve been to the highlands there during my last 2 trips last year. Da Lat is the highlands city I went to and the climate is very much like PNW. Planning on it again this time. A breath of fresh air. 

Cool. I’ll have to look that one up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

Well that's goods news! If me and my wife decide to move back to Whitefish/Columbia falls in a few years, which we are heavily considering, we thankfully will not have to live in the same area as Cascadia_Wx!

• lol 2

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Here ya go bud! 

IMG_5160.png

Like PNW in the summer but with more rain and probably even more lush since they have no winter.   Just consistently perfect temperatures!     

image.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Like PNW in the summer but with more rain and probably even more lush since they have no winter.   Just consistently perfect temperatures!     

image.png

Yup! It’s also one of the most popular tourist destination due to the insane stable weather there. Love seeing the fog rolled in evening and morning hours as well. 

A word of warning though and it’s kinda sad. Due to high tourism traffic in recent years.  More and more trees are being cut there for attractions. With less trees, the climate there is currently on the rise. I suspect 10 years from now, it’ll be very different. 

• Sad 3
  • Sick 1

19 minutes ago, Sunriver Snow Zone said:

Well that's goods news! If me and my wife decide to move back to Whitefish/Columbia falls in a few years, which we are heavily considering, we thankfully will not have to live in the same area as Cascadia_Wx!

My uncle is from Whitetail Montana. He still owns the old family farmhouse out there.  The town is basically deserted now by the sounds of it.  He still loves it there though.  Drives back there from Vancouver a few times a year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShawniganLake said:

My uncle is from Whitetail Montana. He still owns the old family farmhouse out there.  The town is basically deserted now by the sounds of it.  He still loves it there though.  Drives back there from Vancouver a few times a year. 

I have never even heard of Whitetail lol.  Whitefish, however, is packed to the gills with Canadian-owned second homes.  Mostly from Calgary.  We are Baja Alberta.    

• Sick 1

36 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Wedding pics I shared to the forums couple years ago was also from the same city. Just stunning. 

Da lat is on my shortlist of retirement destinations.  It's got the only livable climate in SEA.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yup! It’s also one of the most popular tourist destination due to the insane stable weather there. Love seeing the fog rolled in evening and morning hours as well. 

A word of warning though and it’s kinda sad. Due to high tourism traffic in recent years.  More and more trees are being cut there for attractions. With less trees, the climate there is currently on the rise. I suspect 10 years from now, it’ll be very different. 

That’s super sad to hear. The trees are being cleared because of tourism? Seems like that would give incentive to preserve the natural environment more too.

• Sad 1

If you live in an apartment you will no longer be able to enjoy a BBQ on the balcony when it’s 102 degrees outside…Unless you use a Coleman camp stove. 

IMG_3557.jpeg

• Sad 2
  • Sick 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!