April 2024 Weather in the PNW

29 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Speaking of seeing America, I visited the ghost town of Picher, OK on the back end of my eclipse trip. Really fascinating story there, with the lead/zinc mining deposits there creating an environmental catastrophe, and then sadly a devastating EF-4 tornado in 2008 pretty much finished them off. You can still see the giant chat piles from the road hanging over most of the former building sites.

picher1.jpg

picher2.jpg

picher3.jpg

State football champs in 1984. The Gorilla statue still stands! 🦍 🏈 

IMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.28c163b3c87701c9c16120bda028fc64.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sick 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Speaking of seeing America, I visited the ghost town of Picher, OK on the back end of my eclipse trip. Really fascinating story there, with the lead/zinc mining deposits there creating an environmental catastrophe, and then sadly a devastating EF-4 tornado in 2008 pretty much finished them off. You can still see the giant chat piles from the road hanging over most of the former building sites.

picher1.jpg

picher2.jpg

picher3.jpg

No In and Out I’m guessing?

• Popcorn 1
  • Sick 1
  • bongocat-test 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Annoying last minute trend to send this week's clipping trough into BC. Given their snowpack situation though it's probably for the best. I think someone said the other day that the snowpack situation there is the worst in recorded history? I had no idea. Canada has seriously torched this winter.

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

6 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Annoying last minute trend to send this week's clipping trough into BC. Given their snowpack situation though it's probably for the best. I think someone said the other day that the snowpack situation there is the worst in recorded history? I had no idea. Canada has seriously torched this winter.

The main issue up there was that storm track has been focused to the south since the beginning of the year sending most of the action into CA.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Meatyorologist said:

Canada has an all-time warm winter any time California gets some storms. No big deal. At least it’s been nice here!

Edited by Cascadia_Wx
  • Like 1
  • Sick 1

Summer ☀️ grows while Winter ❄️  goes

4 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Always. But I like the landscape of America. 

At least your sheep will get to see you sooner. They’re not gonna feed themselves. Unless you’ve trained them to, which would be really impressive. You should start a YouTube channel or something about how to breed self-feeding sheep in that case. I’d be seriously impressed Andrew.

• Sick 1

28 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Canada has an all-time warm winter any time California gets some storms. No big deal. At least it’s been nice here!

To be fair, California absolutely needed these last couple years. They were in a really bad way as recently as Fall 2021.

• Like 2
  • Sick 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

Klamath Falls is going to have a very interesting Saturday night. Bands of thundersnow out of the northeast. Can't say that's a common weather occurence in the PNW.

• Like 3
  • Sick 1
  • bongocat-test 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

Temperatures:

43 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

To be fair, California absolutely needed these last couple years. They were in a really bad way as recently as Fall 2021.

I was being slightly sarcastic. Clearly there is more to the warm winter and record low snowpack in Canada than the storm track going into CA.

• Sick 1

63F with the occasional shower.

• Sick 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

11 minutes ago, Blizzard777 said:

Yes,  gorgeous day as well.  
Grandson time as well as some work. Best of both worlds again 😛

Work?  Are you no longer living my retirement dream?  I don’t recall signing off.  

• Like 2
  • Sick 1

1 hour ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

Monday and Tuesday went from showery to just a sprinkle chance now for PDX as the moisture doesn’t make it south. Looking dry through next week and maybe beyond.

IMG_3218.jpeg.45e5c43a4a2cd3ec8dba646b73f47ed8.jpeg

Really hoping the wildfires start up soon

• Storm 1
  • Sick 2

5 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Nice day. 

IMG_9243.jpeg

Just beautiful.    That is my kind of scene. 

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

Three important rules, especially when explicitly stating or indirectly insinuating climate change: 1. Context; 2. Context; 3. Context. “Recorded History” in this case is 1970. Granted there weren’t 5.5 million people in this province in the Roman and Medieval Warm Periods, but I doubt it’s “record setting” for this interglacial period, especially with those two comparatively recent warm periods. 

• Like 2
  • Spam 1
  • bongocat-test 1

5 hours ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

And no more drought. Just some small areas in the north and south with abnormally dry conditions.

IMG_3217.thumb.png.747406c4166ded646ab29c618a02e38e.png

Literally the least droughty CA has ever been on those maps, at least that I've seen.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

If it was 40 degrees with hail showers at PDX today the planet would still be warming at the same rate.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

Had some serious torching that didn’t have ensemble support in the models. The kids sure found it exciting. 

IMG_4206.jpeg

Either someone forgot to check or there was an amazing piece of slow roasted meat on that pan they we will never get to see.

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

If it was 40 degrees with hail showers at PDX today the planet would still be warming at the same rate.   

And if we all wake up tomorrow you will still be a doosh bag, nothing but mockery and back handed comments from you as of late, but yet of course, you don't do those things at all...... hmmmmm......

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

And if we all wake up tomorrow you will still be a doosh bag, nothing but mockery and back handed comments from you as of late, but yet of course, you don't do those things at all...... hmmmmm......

Ohh... did you miss all the back-handed comments for which I am returning the favor?   I will 100% participate... given its the person who dishes it out like no other.    😀

• Like 1