The Weather Forums

September 2021 Observations and Discussion

Tom

Rain/Thunderstorms sitting out west and as always that pushes our temps up. Sitting at 92*. Not too humid for Texas.
Dewpoint is 68*  It’s like the heat wants to put up a fight.  Typical of this area.  

Once the front pushes through around 8 this evening we’ll have 9-10 days in the 80’s with rain chances the next few days.  We’re all ready for a break.  
Summer sucked. 

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

That's a wrap!  It was one of the warmer Septembers in the past 70 years.  ORD ended up close to +4F (3.9F) in the temp dept and was rather dry (-1.96") with a total of 1.23" of rain.  While the month started off cooler than normal, for the most part, the month primarily torched in the 80's but no 90F+ temps this month.  There were some cool mornings but nothing outlandish.

In fact, this months stands out as one of the odd years where we haven't gone below 50F.  We have had a couple of them in recent years...

This is typically the time of year Chicago starts to see some crisp, chilly mornings, but that hasn't been the case so far this year! Since 1942, this Sept will go down as one of only 4 (1977, 2016, 2019 were other 3) where Chicago fails to see a low temp colder than 50F. #ILWX

• Like 1

Say it ain’t Snow!  ❄️ ⛄️ #SeptemberSnow

Ol’ Man Winter decided to make its presence in the mountains of the desert SW!  My goodness, but what a pleasant surprise to see this much snow so early in the season.  Sign of the times?  It’s wild to see this…on the last day of the Monsoon season nature has decided to go from Summer to Winter in a flash.  I visited this area earlier this year in May I believe it was.  In fact, I posted some picks of this ski resort.

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

Finished September  with just 1.16 rain. Pultry really. 2 straight months of  significantly  below avg precip, thats a first since aug 2018.   Although having a torrid warm September  it never reached 90f..   upper 80s many days though.. this  heat ridge  really is locked in on eastern Iowa.  😐 

• Sad 1

• Tom unpinned this topic