Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

RC, who is one of the forecasters at the NWS Chicago, said on Americanwx that he thinks LOT will issue a blizzard warning for tomorrow. This would definitely be the right decision if the 40 mph+ gusts come to fruition.

LOL I just saw them lower the snow totals for my area based on their graphic from 12-15" to 10-12" ! They should up them per the latest GFS lol. 

This is weird: At 9:30 pm, Hastings said they were contemplating issuing a Winter Storm Warning for their eastern counties, but after consulting with OAX, they decided to leave it a high-end advisory. 30 minutes later they issued a Winter Storm Warning for their eastern counties. I wonder if they (and OAX) had a change of heart?

This is weird: At 9:30 pm, Hastings said they were contemplating issuing a Winter Storm Warning for their eastern counties, but after consulting with OAX, they decided to leave it a high-end advisory. 30 minutes later they issued a Winter Storm Warning for their eastern counties. I wonder if they (and OAX) had a change of heart?

Looks like OAX just issued a WSW, too!

Too early to do that I think, it's not clear whether the northern part of the CWA away from the lake will receive enough moisture or heavy enough snow to warrant that.

IMO points from Kewaskum South are going to see warning snows. Looking at past similar events, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha usually always see LES.

Sitting at 0.75"...at this rate, will probably see 3-4" by 7:00am....after that, the real actions begins...going to hit the sack early and prob get up around 7ish to enjoy the snowfall during the day light hours.  See ya guys manana!

IMO points from Kewaskum South are going to see warning snows. Looking at past similar events, Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Washington, and Waukesha usually always see LES.

Not so sure, based on hi-res models they are mostly showing lakeside counties from MKE south with the enhanced precip likely caused by lake effect/enhancement being detected.

Getting close to an inch now with medium sized flakes falling.

Latest RUC run pushing the 12-18" area more further up the coast.

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2021-2022: 11.6", 02/21

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

How does weather affect everything? Currently Lincoln (NE) Fire and Rescue has no one available for the entire city. College town, similar to Madison or Champagne. Many personal injury wrecks, normally not a problem right? How about a 4 alarm nightclub fire. Stay safe. http://i.imgur.com/Lfeep4A.jpg

Photo Credit: Collin Ulness on twitter.

Just got out of a movie at the Marcus grande and saw this thing omw back. The Q 'karma' is done for. It's a g*y club, but i got a lot of girls numbers there and i won 250 bucks there for a strip contest lol so that sucks it's gone.

About 5" imby per measuring at 1030. That was a hell of a drive, so many cars on the ditch on the interstate. we've done well with banding on the north side of the city.