Mountain West Discussion

Black Hole

It was 110 yesterday, should be about the same today. But hey, upper 90s over the weekend! lol

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Jared loves to endlessly lecture us on the horrible response in this country while traveling way more than anyone else on here.

Ironic.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Very active couple of days coming up here. Marginal risk for severe storms this afternoon followed by some very heavy rainfall (0.5" to 1.0") this evening and tonight.

Tomorrow night into Monday morning is still looking quite chilly with snow levels dropping to around 5,000ft. Winter Weather Advisory is out for 3-6". We're right at the snow level once again sitting at 5,350ft so I wouldn't be surprised if I see a lot of snow falling but not a whole lot of accumulation but we'll see. Either way, June snow is always weird.

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

You are doing an awful lot of traveling for how worried you have been about this virus.

I've gone two places in a car where we've spent almost all of our time outdoors. Not in crowds of people.

And both places had very few covid-19 cases. None actually in Moab :)

A forum for the end of the world.

I've gone two places where we've spent almost all of our time outdoors. Not in crowds of people.

Excuses. Always good for what you want to do... but everyone else should be ashamed and stay home.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I've gone two places where we've spent almost all of our time outdoors. Not in crowds of people.

Excuses. Always good for what you want to do... but everyone else should be ashamed and stay home.

Pointing to reality about the virus does mean I said everyone should stay home. I never said that.

Not sure what your endless shaming is all about then... but you are a big part of the problem.   You want to live your life and imply that everyone else is killing old people and lock downs are the best control.   But everyone wants to live their life, Jared.   So here we are.   You are a f*cking hypocrite.      

Not sure what your endless shaming is all about then... but you are a big part of the problem. You want to live your life and imply that everyone else is killing old people and lock downs are the best control. But everyone wants to live their life, Jared. So here we are. You are a f*cking hypocrite.

You are putting all sorts of words in my mouth. Projecting your own anger on this.

It's not my fault you can't separate facts from fiction, and your own emotions from me calling you out on spreading misinformation.

You are putting all sorts of words in my mouth. Projecting your own anger on this.

It's not my fault you can't separate facts from fiction.

You do seem to be a bit of hypocrite right now. I am not one to agree with Tim a whole lot, but he is kinda right this time.

Nope.   

You are a hypocrite on this one... sorry.   You have been lecturing us for months but you have no intention of changing your plans.

You do seem to be a bit of hypocrite right now. I am not one to agree with Tim a whole lot, but he is kinda right this time.

We actually agree on more than you think or either of us admit.     ;)

Nope.

You are a hypocrite on this one... sorry. You have been lecturing us for months but you have no intention of changing your plans.

You clearly have no intention of sticking to the facts. If I'm a hypocrite, point out one time I've told anyone to stay in their homes.

You can't, because I haven't. You're just butt hurt because I've shot down your Pollyanna narratives time after time. Get over it and grow up.

• Like 1

If you want to call me a hypocrite, back it up. Tim can't - just spouting a bunch of BS that I never said.

Its just the full weight of listening you lecture us on this for months... even telling me that I must want 8,000 people in Seattle to die if I want to go out or want restrictions to be lifted.    If you want to lecture us on lock downs for months... then stay home yourself!

Its just the full weight of listening you lecture us on this for months... even telling me that I must want 8,000 people in Seattle to die if I want to go out or want restrictions to be lifted. If you want to lecture us on lock downs for months... then stay home yourself!

You're frustrated and angry. But that's misplaced on me... like I said, you haven't been listening if that simple view is really what you think I've been saying.

I'm about acknowledging reality and then coping the best possible way.

But I have NEVER said no one should travel and everyone should stay locked down. So GTFO with the lies.

Your frustrated and angry. But that's misplaced on me... like I said, you really haven't been listening if that simple view is really what you think I've been saying.

I'm about acknowledging reality and the coping the best possible way.

But I have NEVER said no one should travel and everyone should stay lockdown. So GTFO with the lies.

I am not angry... everything is opening up and it appears many places are ignoring the arbitrary percentages in the guidelines.    

Do you want to know why the US failed or why there are still growing hot spots?   Look in the mirror.    Its people like you who want to go about their lives as planned.  

Do you want to know why the US failed or why there are still growing hot spots? Look in the mirror. Its people like you who want to go about their lives as planned.

People like me who worked from home for 3 months, wearing a mask any time I went to the store for necessary items, and have practiced social distancing when in public?

You're assuming that just because I've taken two trips in a car to places where I have been around less people than when I go to my local grocery store that I am a hypocrite?

Go away.

People like me who worked from home for 3 months, wearing a mask any time I went to the store for necessary items, and have practiced social distancing when in public?

You're assuming that just because I've taken two trips in a car to places where I have been around less people than when I go to my local grocery store that I am a hypocrite?

Go away. Your false information about the virus is still false.

Yep... people like you who want to live their lives.    Exactly right.   

I am the same.   

Yep... people like you who want to live their lives. Exactly right.

I am the same.

My life has been way different than before. You have no clue.

You're basing all this on my two trips to do outdoor stuff in neighboring states. I've never condemned anyone on here for doing anything like that, and why would I? I'm not participating in any high risk, high spreading activity.

You are again trying to make this a stupid us vs. them, black/white issue. It's not.

My life has been way different than before. You have no clue.

You're basing all this on my two trips to do outdoor stuff in neighboring states. I've never condemned anyone on here for doing anything like that, and why would I? I'm not participating in any high risk, high spreading activity.

You are again trying to make this a stupid us vs. them, black/white issue. It's not.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong or putting anyone in danger.    And I think you are a hypocrite. 

Anyhow...back in Montana it rained a lot last evening along with numerous thunderstorms. I picked up 0.72" at my location with many locations reaching nearly an inch of rainfall. Very beneficial rainfall as the region just moved into a moderate drought conditions.

Shot as the severe warned storm moved in.

IMG_5076.jpg

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Still on for some snowfall tonight into tomorrow. Models have continued to increase precip totals and the NAM 3km is now showing 6-10" of snowfall on my rooftop. Likely way overdone because temps look very marginal but the possibility is there. I'll still go with a T-3". Lots of snow in the air but likely little accumulation. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 8.36.39 AM.png

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Looks like the severe event on the 6th was a rare great basin derecho. It started in eastern Utah and progressed up into South Dakota. Lots of wind damage. Only 2 other similar events that have been documented in the last 30 years or so. 

• Like 2

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Up in SLC they had a high of 100 and 3 days later a high of 55! That's pretty extreme for June. 

• Like 3

Looks like a return to temperatures of 105-112 for the next week starting tomorrow in Phoenix. No rain. 

Up in SLC they had a high of 100 and 3 days later a high of 55! That's pretty extreme for June. 

It's been crazy this year with the yo-yo temps! I'm hoping it doesn't last all summer long. We got to a whole 48* a few days ago and back to the low 90's today. 

• Like 2

Had a sneaker freeze here this morning, dropped down to 31F. Was a showery day yesterday with afternoon highs in the 40's. Things cleared and calmed down enough last night for temps to really plummet unforecasted. Didn't cover anything last night so hopefully the garden is okay!

Another very wet and cold system moves in tonight through Wednesday. Looking at highs in the 40's on both days with 1-2" of precip. Possibly a bit of snow mixed in on Wednesday morning as well.

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24: