September 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Once beyond day 10, I'd personally recommend using anomalies in the EPS mean vs absolutes.

For me at least, it easier to decipher tendencies that way.

I do like to see the ensemble mean in terms of absolute heights.     For me... its a better gauge of the overall pattern rather than looking at anomalies.    I can see both being valuable.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Also, Tim, the 500mb height anomaly depictions actually have the "absolute" heights overlayed on top.

So, two birds, one stone. :)

Is it so hard to get through the break for 2-3 months a year from active, stormy weather?   Some people act as if it was never going to return... but it always does and usually right about now.   We never have to worry about that.    Are those 8-10 weeks so terrible?     Without sun... you would not appreciate the storms. Without the storms... you would not appreciate the sun.

The changing fonts in this post really show off your insanity. Nice touch.

• Like 1

The changing fonts in this post really show off your insanity. Nice touch, 

Actually... that happened because it got included in the body of a quote by accident and then I tried to change it back manually.     Thanks for the insult though!  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

After a ten year fight my beautiful wife finally lost the battle. She passed on September 1. She was only 44. She was everything to me.

I am so sorry to hear that.   My heart just sank reading this message.   I have thought about this often since you told us a couple years ago that she was battling cancer.

After a ten year fight my beautiful wife finally lost the battle. She passed on September 1. She was only 44. She was everything to me.

Reading this literally made my heart ache. So sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

this is so sad to here she truely left our world to soon.my deepest thoughts and condolences go out to you doing this difficult time and loss.she will always be with you from in sprit from the heart as now your guideing Angel.as sad and hard as it is.this is a great day for her as she gets to see God and Jesus and forever live with no more pain and suffering.may you always reflect you're great and loving memory's of her.

I am so sorry to hear that...sounded like she was one heck of a fighter. Thoughts are with you.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

So sad.  I can't imagine...

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain you're going through right now, but keep your chin up and cherish the memories you have.

Some pretty solid negative anomalies to start the month here. High of just 60F today with 0.6" of rain.

Finally!  I knew the worm would finally turn for you guys.  The next week to 10 days certainly looks chilly right now.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Finally!  I knew the worm would finally turn for you guys.  The next week to 10 days certainly looks chilly right now.

You mean it would not be above normal forever up therer?     Bold call.   ;)