September 2016 Observations and Model Discussion for the Pacific Northwest

Geos

BTW you're completely missing the point with this post. He's been out of line with everyone who disagrees with him, and that's an ongoing problem.

You're coming off like a real lapdog. You're just blindly defending the guy every chance you get. Did you see the thread last week about Mt. Rainier? He literally spent the entire day insulting everyone because they disagreed with him. And then he admitted that he was wrong the whole time. :lol:

I have more of a problem with sh*t like that even more than the problem I had with his lying years ago. This is what you're not understanding or choosing to ignore. I don't know which one it is.

I see what I see and make the judgements that I do, obviously they don't agree with you. You seem to like to have everything done on your time, and when you're done with the argument, you expect everyone else to follow.

• Like 1

BTW you're completely missing the point with this post. He's been out of line with everyone who disagrees with him, and that's an ongoing problem.

First, this is bullcrap. You're the one being called out repeatedly for your unprovoked personal attacks, not me.

You're the dude who invoked Anthony Watts and accused people of holding "secret agendas" during the sensor discussion back in August, along with a slew of character attacks and strawman arguments to boot. This all before I ever tossed a single negative post your way. :lol:

Then you regurgitated the same nonsense accusations and personal attacks during the ENSO discussion a few weeks ago, as if you'd forgotten to blow your load beforehand. Then again last night, you just launched into a tirade of insults and derogatory comments, yet again for zero apparent reason.

You have a problem. Seek help, please.

You're coming off like a real lapdog. You're just blindly defending the guy every chance you get. Did you see the thread last week about Mt. Rainier? He literally spent the entire day insulting everyone because they disagreed with him. And then he admitted that he was wrong the whole time.

I didn't insult anyone. You did most of the insulting in that thread, and turned a decent debate (and learning experience for me) into a living nightmare.

I have more of a problem with sh*t like that even more than the problem I had with his lying years ago. This is what you're not understanding or choosing to ignore. I don't know which one it is.

Yeah, and I (as well as many others here) have a problem with insecure, self-righteous hacks constantly picking fights and dragging what is often great discussion into the mud on a repetitive basis.

Everyone knows what I did. I made up a story. I was a kid. Do you think anyone gives a flying s**t about weather forum drama that began a half decade ago? Grow up.

• Like 1

First, this is bullcrap. You're the one being called out repeatedly for your unprovoked personal attacks, not me.

You're the dude who invoked Anthony Watts and accused people of holding "secret agendas" during the sensor discussion back in August, along with a slew of character attacks and strawman arguments to boot. This all before I ever tossed a single negative post your way. :lol:

Then you regurgitated the same nonsense accusations and personal attacks during the ENSO discussion a few weeks ago, as if you'd forgotten to blow your load beforehand. Then again last night, you just launched into a tirade of insults and derogatory comments, yet again for zero apparent reason.

I didn't insult anyone. You did most of the insulting in that thread, and turned a decent debate (and learning experience for me) into a living nightmare.

Yeah, and I (as well as many others here) have a problem with insecure, self-righteous hacks constantly picking fights and dragging what is often great discussion into the mud on a repetitive basis.

Everyone knows what I did. I made up a story. I was a kid. Do you think anyone gives a flying s**t about weather forum drama that began a half decade ago? Grow up.

Wow dude!

You're really off base. 

I see what I see and make the judgements that I do, obviously they don't agree with you. You seem to like to have everything done on your time, and when you're done with the argument, you expect everyone else to follow.

I've asked him to take this crap to PM three times now. Crickets.

Obviously nothing more than a publicity stunt. No one wants to read this childish back & forth.

Wow dude!

You're really off base.

No, you're just incapable of self-reflection, given that you refuse to let this go and/or take it to PM, at the advice of a multitude of people here.

Again, if you'd like to express concerns about me, message me, instead of turning this thread into your personal dumping ground.

No, you're just incapable of self-reflection, given that you refuse to let this go and/or take it to PM, at the advice of a multitude of people here.

Again, if you'd like to express concerns about me, message me, instead of turning this thread into your personal dumping ground.

Now THAT's irony.

I'm done talking about this.

Now THAT's irony.

I'm done talking about this.

Great!

Let's bury our differences and move on.

• Like 1

Perfect day... sunshine the entire day with no wind at all and a high of 70.

Feels like we stole this one considering how the models looked earlier in the week.    Although I did mention around mid-week that the Saturday system was moving so fast that we might benefit on Sunday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Another GFS run that's chilly to finish out the month.  It will be interesting to see if it ends up being a chilly continental situation or maritime.  Most of the last 6 ensemble  runs show both the operational and control models dipping to around -1C to +1C at the 850mb level around October 1.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

What story ? lol

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

What story ? lol

Oh boy...I thought this would finally die.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Oh boy...I thought this would finally die.

I actually have no idea tho, and people keep bringing it up everyday... So just wondering what he did.

2013/2014 Winter season

Coldest Low: 14 F December 7th

Coldest High: 27.3 F December 7th

Coldest Wind chill: 5 F December 7th

Lowest Dew Point: -2.2 F December 6th

Days below freezing: 5

Total Snowfall: 11 inches

Most snowfall in a Day: 8 inches

Days With Snow: 3

It almost looked like we might get some convective rain, but alas it fizzled out. We do have a pretty interesting sky tonight however:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/jemeric/IMG_3659_zps0gswxd6j.jpg

Also, back to an earlier conversation about the timing of fall rain, it has brought a number of plants out of hibernation. There was virtually no green here a couple weeks ago, now ferns are coming up everywhere. There is also species of flowers I hadn't seen in the spring popping up in grassy areas.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/jemeric/IMG_3661_zpskzfaooxg.jpg

• Like 1

What story ? lol

Long story short, I was 16 years old, and I claimed to live at 3100ft in western MD, and to be someone I wasn't. I constructed the entire charade on a substance-loaded evening, I think, from which point I just ran with it until I was just too embarrassed to admit it, as by that point it'd just grown into something uncontrollable.

Looking back, I should've just ripped the bandaid off. Silly stuff, honestly. That said, a certain group of people here continue to bring it up when trying to gain the upper hand in an argument, as if it somehow diminishes my character. Whatever, I earned it, I've gotta live with it.

Long story short, I was 16 years old, and I claimed to live at 3100ft in western MD, and to be someone I wasn't. I constructed the entire charade on a substance-loaded evening, I think, from which point I just ran with it until I was just too embarrassed to admit it, as by that point it'd just grown into something uncontrollable.

Looking back, I should've just ripped the bandaid off. Silly stuff, honestly. That said, a certain group of people here continue to bring it up when trying to gain the upper hand in an argument, as if it somehow diminishes my character. Whatever, I earned it, I've gotta live with it.

Ummm, it wasn't MD that you said you lived though on that occasion that started it all, the MD was the second situation. You can't even keep it straight.

Wasn't it you lived at 3000 feet plus at Stampede Pass where there is no towns?? We all remeber that doozy!!

Ummm, it wasn't MD that you said you lived though on that occasion that started it all, the MD was the second situation. You can't even keep it straight.

Wasn't it you lived at 3000 feet plus at Stampede Pass where there is no towns?? We all remeber that doozy!!

I don't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

I probably said a bunch of crazy stuff.

In fairness, it wasn't one single incident. You used elements of your fantasy to further yourself in arguments and pissing contests on a regular basis. If you were embarrassed about it, one would think a person would try to minimize the horse stuff, not rely almost entirely on it.

There are still aspects of that somewhat sociopathic behavior that festers when you get desperate to gain ground rather than just letting chips fall where they may. That's why the past is brought up.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

In fairness, it wasn't one single incident. You used elements of your fantasy to further yourself in arguments and pissing contests on a regular basis. If you were embarrassed about it, one would think a person would try to minimize the horse s**t stuff, not rely almost entirely on it.

There are still aspects of that somewhat sociopathic behavior that festers when you get desperate to gain ground rather than just letting chips fall where they may. That's why the past is brought up.

I'm sure you're right. Honestly, those years are mostly fog to me, so what I said/didn't say on a weather forum is the last thing I'm going to remember clearly. I'll leave that to you guys.

I was hooked on oxycodon, booze, and a bunch of other nasty stuff...almost ruined my life. I'm lucky I was able to break the cycle, or I probably wouldn't be here right now, just FWIW.

I'm sure you're right. Honestly, those years are mostly fog to me, so what I said/didn't say on a weather forum is the last thing I'm going to remember clearly. I'll leave that to you guys.

I was hooked on oxycodon, booze, and a bunch of other nasty stuff...almost ruined my life. I'm lucky I was able to break the cycle, or I probably wouldn't be here right now, just FWIW.

My spidey sense tells me that last paragraph is probably a lie constructed to cover up the other lies and make people feel sorry for you.

Just stop lying.

• Like 2

My spidey sense tells me that last paragraph is probably a lie constructed to cover up the other lies and make people feel sorry for you.

Just stop lying.

Uh, I'm not lying, and I deserve no sympathy. I dropped out of highschool because of it, and even today am three years behind graduating college. This isn't something I'd joke about.

I even saved all the little nicknacks and certificates I got from the Kolmac Clinic. They're all stored neatly in a red cardboard box in my old attic.

I think we need to stop with the off topic stuff for the rest of the evening.  I will have to delete any posts that are off topic.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

It almost looked like we might get some convective rain, but alas it fizzled out. We do have a pretty interesting sky tonight however:

Also, back to an earlier conversation about the timing of fall rain, it has brought a number of plants out of hibernation. There was virtually no green here a couple weeks ago, now ferns are coming up everywhere. There is also species of flowers I hadn't seen in the spring popping up in grassy areas.

It was seriously so dry there was no green left?  I had no idea it was that bad up there.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

T-Storm in progress!

Amazing.  It's totally clear here.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The 0z continues to flirt with the idea of a nice shot of Canadian air late in the month.  Pretty interesting how the cutoff low that was progged to dig deep into the Midwest is now depicted to lift quickly into Canada.  That improves the chances of us avoiding a brief warm spell.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Insane 00z on Weatherbell GFS 2m. It shows lows of 35 within 10 days.

Very possible.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 50

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

42 this morning... Happy Monday everyone. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.