November 2022 PNW weather Discussion. #NoRidgeNovember

Iceresistance

4 minutes ago, Gradient Keeper said:

This is the most important run of the season, until the 00z tonight! Then THAT will be the most important run, only to be quickly overshadowed by the 12z tomorrow morning. Then the 00z Saturday night following that will finally be the single most decidedly, crucial, and vital model run ever, but then Sunday mornings 12z ...... and....... then.......

Ashton Kutcher Dude GIF

• lol 1
  • Confused 1

You can already see the 12z ECMWF has the first trough tucked in closer to the coast.

• Like 6

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

5 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Government did a great job at teaching people not to work. The last 3 years has reprogrammed people.  Nobody wants to work man. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Weenie 1
  • Facepalm 4

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

6 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Geeze.  Is there anything there isn't a shortage of?

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Government did a great job at teaching people not to work. The last 3 years has reprogrammed people.  Nobody wants to work man. 

That, and vaccine mandates knocked off a huge proportion of state workers. At least here in Washington. 

• Like 4

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

It's just amazing.  Our favorite restaurant in Covington has closed indefinitely, because they couldn't find enough people to work.  WTF?

I have to admit I did like having the summer of 2021 off with more pay than I was making at work, but I did go back to the grind.

• Like 3

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

7 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

My dad was railing about this yesterday. I told him just wait a week or so. Then he’s gonna be hiring sh*t employees AND dealing with a MASSIVE cold wave.

Edited by Deweydog
  • Excited 4

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

It's just amazing.  Our favorite restaurant in Covington has closed indefinitely, because they couldn't find enough people to work.  WTF?

I have to admit I did like having the summer of 2021 off with more pay than I was making at work, but I did go back to the grind.

Los Cabos?

• Like 1

Located near Covington / Black Diamond, WA. Elevation ~550 ft.

Guest administrator
57 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I am honestly starting to think something is wrong with your thermometer.     It’s just been so different.    I have not seen even seen frost at all since we got back from Florida a week ago.

Nice! Now tell Jim the models will trend warmer and that the forecasted cold and snow is just too much for normal people. Then cap it all off by getting pissy with people who post traffic cams showing snow moving south by showing blurry Mt Si shots.

We can’t have a region wide blast without our Tim doing Tim things that only Tim can do!

The Euro is 19mb stronger with Wednesday's storm than the GFS at hour 102. Going to end up way stronger and way further North.

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

14 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

That’s because restaurant work is terrible. Most employees are expected to work 6-8 hours without a break doing very stressful tasks. Substance abuse and depression is rampant in the industry. Whole industry needs a philosophical overhaul. Everyone left during the pandemic and are pleasantly surprised by how easy other jobs are lol 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, administrator said:

Nice! Now tell Jim the models will trend warmer and that the forecasted cold and snow is just too much for normal people. Then cap it all off by getting pissy with people who post traffic cams showing snow moving south by showing blurry Mt Si shots.

We can’t have a region wide blast without our Tim doing Tim things that only Tim can do!

Good Lord.   It was just a simple observation.    I have been getting along great with everyone and you keep jumping all over me for nothing.    🙄

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Weenie 2
  • Facepalm 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, Deweydog said:

Great pattern for cyclogenesis.

Euro bombs it out to 977mb at the tip of Vancouver Island.

GFS has it at 1015mb at the same time frame.  😅

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

Wouldn't hate a wind event...

• Like 2
  • Windy 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"