12/28 - 12/29 Plains/MW/GL's Snow Event

Tom

I like the looks of this wave on Friday afternoon/evening with the potential for some good meso scale banding.  Whoever is lucky  enough to sit underneath any of these bands for a longer period of time will cash in nicely.  Seen this happen many times before...James/Hawkeye/EastDubb/Bud may finally see appreciable accumulations for the first time this year....

Never give up Chitown!  

• Like 1

I like the looks of this wave on Friday afternoon/evening with the potential for some good meso scale banding.  Whoever is lucky  enough to sit underneath any of these bands for a longer period of time will cash in nicely.  Seen this happen many times before...James/Hawkeye/EastDubb/Bud may finally see appreciable accumulations for the first time this year....

Never give up Chitown!  

Looking better for sure. Hope it pans out.

• Like 2

I was just going to post the same thing, Iowawx.  I still haven't seen a flake.  At 1:30am I went to sleep with no flakes yet and I woke up to a dusting with no flakes falling.  The first wave really crapped out for this area.  Models suggest there could still be a half inch or so around midday as a tail of precip swings through.

I hope I don't have to start worrying about tomorrow.  Overnight and this morning, the NAM has shifted the wave so far northeast I'm now on the sw edge of the heaviest band.  That would be a punch to the gut.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Not sure how the DGZ looks like but hope it is favorable. Pixie dust just does nothing for me.

LOT says it’s ideal for good flake size...nice speed max swinging through just to our south which is good for us. I’d rather be north rather than on the southern fringes of these type of setups.
  • Like 1

4"+ for my back yard. I'd be very happy with this. I think we'll see advisories issued this afternoon from DMX and DVN to cover a good chunk of Iowa

http://maps1.pivotalweather.com/maps/models/gfs/2017122812/036/snku_024h.us_mw.png

What time does this start in Cedar Rapids tomorrow?

We've had radar returns over us since midnight, but there just isn't anything reaching the ground other than a couple flurries.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Snowfall for SEMI will be ranging within the 1-2inch range.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

12z coming in a littler wetter it seems.

Wait, WTF........This was supposed to be moisture starved. :wacko:

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN Insane!

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024: Trace

Season So Far: 26.7"

Been snowing here since 630am at least. Pretty happy with what we are getting...

Yeah, I’m assuming you’re still kno dubuque, because id say the same. Don’t know if accumulations have been anything super special, but it’s been nice to see snow falling at least.. and without causing major issues on the roads.