June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Farmboy, who seems to be good natured enough despite having terrible weather preferences, did not get the impression you were joking by calling it a "suggestion of violence".

Emojis only communicate so much...we really miss miss things like tone and facial expression online.

So wise...

You truly are the Wilfred Brimley of this forum.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Farmboy, who seems to be good natured enough despite having terrible weather preferences, did not get the impression you were joking by calling it a "suggestion of violence".

Emojis only communicate so much...we really miss miss things like tone and facial expression online.

I assumed Jesse viewed the meme as a joke, but his persistant fixation with it was a little odd...

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

Looks like it might be raining at Tim’s place!

When is it not?

foto26446a4f1f801ef3b3d1564dea31df66.png
"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

Looks like it might be raining at Tim’s place!

No sir... its been a lovely day.    It was mostly sunny all morning and then just periods of clouds and sun this afternoon.   Lots of blue sky now... gorgeous evening.   Has not rained since early yesterday morning.

I think Mt Si often creates clutter on the radar when its clear.   I know this circled area is always on the radar even when there is not a cloud in the sky.   Its right where Mt Si is located...

ATX_0.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Got a unique sunset angle from the house this evening. It didn't turn out how I wanted it, but there was this incredible orange glow through the trees that was surreal. Ignore my hot tub cover which I happened to place in the worst spot right before this picture.

20180615_210459.jpg

• Like 1

Probably the best day of the year... ahead of a long stretch of summer-like weather and sunshine during the longest daylight of the year and the rain has put us back to May-like green. And the 4th of July is still half a month away.

Does not get better than this... perfection.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The 00Z GFS says we get some rain to refresh everything again in about 13 days.  Hopefully it only last for a few days and is gone before the 4th of July festivities.

The 00Z GFS says we get some rain to refresh everything again in about 13 days.  Hopefully it only last for a few days and is gone before the 4th of July festivities.

History states it'll probably pour on the 4th this year haha, glad I'll be in eastern Oregon.

Break up the Mariners!!!

I saw on my phone that it was 6-3 Red Sox and thought that is going to be a tough hill to climb.    Finally turned the game on in the bottom of the 8th just in time to see them go ahead.  :)    

00z GFS has a mammoth trough out in week 2. The 500mb anoms drop below -2SDs, as modeled.

This warm period will probably end up getting short by a few days, when it’s all said and done.

"Western troughing literally kills people at this time of year. And in the most gruesome of ways."

00z GFS has a mammoth trough out in week 2. The 500mb anoms drop below -2SDs, as modeled.

This warm period will probably end up getting short by a few days, when it’s all said and done.

The next 10 days look warm... and there is no rain on the 00Z GFS for 13 days.   I will actually be cheering for some rain by that point.

And the troughy period will probably not be so robust or last too long.

SEA had 73/53 today with lots of sunshine... good for a +2 on the day.

And with this 500mb pattern...

gfs_z500a_us_1.png

Not all troughy patterns are cold and wet.  

The next 10 days look warm... and there is no rain on the 00Z GFS for 13 days. I will actually be cheering for some rain by that point.

And the troughy period will probably not be so robust or last too long.

The next round of troughing may end up lasting as long as the coming warm stretch. This one is tricky, but at the very least, it’s looking like an unstable pattern with lots of back and forth transitions.

I’m less certain about how this one turns out, but again, the upcoming “warm period” is looking less and less impressive to me as time passes. The peripheral boundary conditions necessary to sustain a long term warm pattern are just gone.

• Like 1

SEA had 73/53 today with lots of sunshine... good for a +2 on the day.

And with this 500mb pattern...

gfs_z500a_us_1.png

Not all troughy patterns are cold and wet.

Fake UHI warmth.

OLM ran a -2 departure, which fits the upper level pattern better.

Not a certainty, but there’s a chance this warm/ridgy period will get cut down by 2-3 days on the back-end, after D7 or thereabouts.

Is it looking very likely that tstorms roll off the cascades into the PDX metro area this afternoon? TWC now has 80% chance of rain today.

12Z ECMWF says that will not happen.

Couple active T-storms building but looks like the may slide ssw direction just missing Pdx area. Hoping other cells form that give a better shot down here as I’m visiting for fathers day weekend :)

Bring them on!

The trajectory seems a bit more westward than that, looks like it's headed straight for the PDX east metro.

The trajectory seems a bit more westward than that, looks like it's headed straight for the PDX east metro.

We have a shot at least but unfortunately I’m on the west side of Pdx

Jesse may get a light show where he is at though

US Open and T-storm tracking....a good day :)