June Weather in the Pacific Northwest

Geos

Based on most forecasts, it did. Today was one of those days where you had a relatively low heights/thicknesses but some mid level drying on the backside of the trough. Very little in the way of an overnight inversion so we got a sunny start with some of the highest sun angles of the year along with 925mb temps around 17c. Meteorological achievement!!!

You should do a write up like this every day.

Probably would get you some real estate in Fraysville though, sadly. And we can’t have that.

This is a fairly cool airmass. I bet Mossman didn’t get out of his snuggie all day.

It was chilly today, off and on rain as well! Thought about turning on the fireplace and watching a movie but instead worked a side job outside, went to the lake house to get it ready for the 4th, then went to work so my daughter could play with the kittens, then home! Not a bad “day off”!
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I was in the south sound area all day today, there were some nice off and on sun breaks for about an hour and a half before cutting back to all overcast...  Those sun angles really do make a huge difference.  For the short durations when the sun was out, it warmed pretty quickly. There were a couple very short sprinkles as well, not even enough to wet the ground.

"Avoiding unwanted weather is a key element of happiness."

I was in the south sound area all day today, there were some nice off and on sun breaks for about an hour and a half before cutting back to all overcast... Those sun angles really do make a huge difference. For the short durations when the sun was out, it warmed pretty quickly. There were a couple very short sprinkles as well, not even enough to wet the ground.

No sun here today.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

I was in the south sound area all day today, there were some nice off and on sun breaks for about an hour and a half before cutting back to all overcast... Those sun angles really do make a huge difference. For the short durations when the sun was out, it warmed pretty quickly. There were a couple very short sprinkles as well, not even enough to wet the ground.

You are coming around to where you can enjoy days with some cloud cover. Progress!

******SLIGHT****** differences between last night's 00z and tonight's for Tuesday.

#goodlord

Yeah... much better Tuesday might be much worse Wednesday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Haven’t seen the run yet. Out and and about. Just judging by Tim’s maps/jubilance and a common fate of warm season troughing in recent years.

Jubilance?  

Where did you see that?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Haven’t seen the run yet. Out and and about. Just judging by Tim’s maps/jubilance and a common fate of warm season troughing in recent years.

You spend too much time looking in the rear view mirror while barreling down the highway.

#thevastmajorityoftrafficcollisionsarecoliearfrontimpactwithanothervehicletravelinginthesamedirection

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

You spend too much time looking in the rear view mirror while barreling down the highway.

#thevastmajorityoftrafficcollisionsarecoliearfrontimpactwithanothervehicletravelinginthesamedirection

Interesting information.

And I am actually not a big speeder.

A soul crushing 0.06” of rain this afternoon. Days are getting shorter.......summer is pretty much over.

Does sort of feel that way right now.    So many cloudy and chilly days in the heart of the longest daylight hours.   No sunrises and no sunsets here.   Just gets lighter and then darker.

Does sort of feel that way right now. So many cloudy and chilly days in the heart of the longest daylight hours. No sunrises and no sunsets here. Just gets lighter and then darker.

Yep, all of this constant cloud cover is getting old.

Yep, all of this constant cloud cover is getting old.

Its been very sunny in Portland... therefore its been very sunny here!    

Its been very sunny in Portland... therefore its been very sunny here!    

You two live in very cool and wet microclimates....therefore the entire region must suffer through endless drought and record heat simply so you can find your weather tolerable.

• Like 1

Duh. 

Anyone who commutes on a highway has seen this first hand many times.

A forum for the end of the world.

You two live in very cool and wet microclimates....therefore the entire region must suffer through endless drought and record heat simply so you can find your weather tolerable.

This is not true.  

Its been cloudy from Olympia northward since Wednesday... and also in eastern WA the last couple days.

And we don't control the weather dummy.   But we do have a different perspective.   One that does not involve ever worrying about drought.  

This is not true.  

Its been cloudy from Olympia northward since Wednesday... and also in eastern WA the last couple days.

And we don't control the weather dummy.   But we do have a different perspective.   One that does not involve ever worrying about drought.  

OLM had 60% sunshine on Wednesday and 40% yesterday. BLI had 80% sunshine on Wednesday.

A forum for the end of the world.

:lol:  at the foothills freaks.

Even Hoquiam on the coast has had a mere 2" of precipitation in two and a half months. Nothing in sight. Honestly it's a pretty arid climate here in a lot of senses. It's amazing that we have a reputation for being rainy.

While you have been enjoying sunshine... its been generally cloudy and dreary up here.    Tomorrow is another repeat... Sunday as well.

sat_6-29-2.png

Different perspective.   And we want summer weather more because of where we live. 

Just think if Lewis & Clark had arrived at Astoria in mid April, their perspective would be of a place with pretty long dry seasons and a moderate climate aside from a few quick winter downpours. In a lot of ways it was mere bad luck that their first impression of the area came in mid fall before an unusually protracted winter. Our reputation was sealed.

• Like 1

OLM had 60% sunshine on Wednesday and 40% yesterday. BLI had 80% sunshine on Wednesday.

Do you want to see the satellite image from Wednesday?

Thick mid level deck from Astoria through Seattle.   It was just past BLI most of the day.   OLM data is wrong.

Untitled.png

Here is Thursday... OLM and BLI did not fare much better.    But it did start breaking up from OLM southward.

But if I was in Portland... I would be praising the beautiful weather.   Different perspectives!

Untitled.png

Here is Thursday... OLM and BLI did not fare much better.    But it did start breaking up from OLM southward.

But if I was in Portland... I would be praising the beautiful weather.   Different perspectives!

Untitled.png

If you lived in Portland you'd be ready for some rain. Different perspectives!

UW satellite archive has not updated for today yet... so here is the visible image that is still in the current loop.

Same thing again!   Its almost identical.   And tomorrow will be the same again.   

Untitled.png